Author Topic: Headphones / Ear Buds / Whatever Else  (Read 154 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Headphones / Ear Buds / Whatever Else
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:44:12 PM »
Yo I need some help my niggas and I gotta ask the niggas wit the experience.

What do ya'll use? What's the best ones? And can ya'll tell from the info on the back, how they better than another or do it go by just brand?

Facts or ya'll opinions, please MY NIGGAS!

You know I got ya'll in the propz part, for days. ;D

the ghost

Re: Headphones / Ear Buds / Whatever Else
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 03:18:29 PM »
Hey Quiet,  What will be your primary usage?  Are you dj ing, mixing, or just listening for enjoyment?  What type of environment will you be rockin them in?  Whats your budget?  Holla!

Matty

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 03:31:48 PM »
got a few pairs myself for different uses. could probably do with some more/different high-end ones though.

Sony MDR-V300

Cheap pair, extremely small and portable and with a very long cable (an issue for portability). Easily powered by portable devices though. Used to use them for DJ'ing and did the job pretty well thanks to the loud bass. Unfortunately the bass and sound in general is fairly muffled for closer listening.

Panasonic RP-HTX7

Still relatively cheap, these are my portable headphones of choice for a few reasons. Relatively easily powered although could maybe do with a portable headphone amp if you want to bang music loudly. Some nice mid-range performance. Highs are lacking (but still way better than the sony above) but not really such an issue because i don't like too much high end right in my ear. The bass is knocking though. Loud, clean and smooth compared to the Sony. Bass goes very low compared to headphones in this price range and way better than all these 'hi-fi' pairs that are neither as portable nor as bumping. I'm going to buy another pair soon as they have been so good. Great Hip-Hop headphone.

Denon AH-D2000

Way more expensive and strictly for indoor use and with high quality audio sources like my x-fi soundcard. Tons and tons of mids and highs compared to the others. Very highly refined. To be honest probably too refined and bright for my listening tastes but the bomb for gaming and extremely musical with high quality recordings. I got these going pretty nicely with some EQ and they bring out the detail in the music unlike anything i used before. Every individual sound and detail from the high-end to bass is perfectly audible at all times. When you get to sets like these its obvious the aim of the designers was to recreate the dynamics of a live performance in your ear. Bass is slightly different to the others because the impact accurately reflects the strength of the drum etc. It's completely recording dependant though. The bass goes very very low, proper thumping.

Bose Triport-IE

Got quite a few pairs of earphones but these are the best ones (got a very good 'discount' on them). Bose have a weird plastic quality to the vocals and mids but these are nicely made come in a nice package with different earcaps etc and very solid bass. I'd recommend these if you listen to a lot of hip-hop because the bass is very tight, warm, rumbly and exagerrated without being muffled.

I'd like to give the Dr. Dre Beats a spin in the future as well as some Ultrasone Proline, Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser closed headphones.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:33:48 PM by Sir Hanks »

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 05:19:37 PM »
^ yup those Bose ones are great, I had them but yeah... I explained in another thread what happened to them  :-X

Matty

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 07:29:51 PM »
the bass is really tight and rumbly on them, different to anything i've used before. very solid bass 8)

Roccy

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 10:38:13 PM »
Bose is always good.

But you've gotta tell us what you wanna use them for, mixing? listening to music?

When I film things, I use the Sony Mdr 750, and just to listen to some good music, I put in my IN EAR sony headphones, which cost $40 bucks about 2 years ago, now they go for about $15-20 on ebay.
how it really goes down..

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 07:27:23 AM »
Propz to ya'll. And Sir Hanks great looks for that post. And to all.

I'm just lookin' to listen to music. I'ma def. get them Bose ones then, for real. Great looks ya'll.

Yeah, them Dr Dre ones prolly will be good but fuckin' $300, word, damn. Haha.

Thanks my people!

the ghost

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 11:08:01 AM »
Well for music...the new apple in ears are rated good for the price right now...

Hey Ma

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »
yo QT what happened to you dude? you went AWOL for a minute there

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 08:40:43 PM »
isnt bose suppose to be bes