Author Topic: TWISTA INTERVIEW  (Read 112 times)

Lunatic

TWISTA INTERVIEW
« on: December 22, 2008, 09:04:59 AM »
Not my work
http://illuminati2g.webs.com/twistainterview.htm

Illuminati 2G kicked it with Twista for a interview. This interview is a little bit different as we focused on talking about the new label Twista has formed, Get Money Gang Records and the new compilation he dropped, Who'$ Got Next, in stores now. We discuss the artists on the label, the moves he wants to make next with the label, SpeedKnot Mobstas and so much more. But best believe a Twista interview about his solo projects is coming soon and interviews with the artists on the label, but right now it is all about GMG Records.

For audio of the interview click on the link below:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5310353559b201d6/

Illuminati 2G is here with Twista how's it going?

Man I am chillin. Taking care of business.

Tell me a little bit about how you got your label, Get Money Gang Records started. What made you want to start up another label.

Well doing the independent thing is something I always did. Even early on, when I first jumped out on a label it was a independent out of Chicago. Once I got my deal with Atlantic and got into the game, I felt like it was time to jump out on the independent scene. We came out with a independent label called Legit Ballin and I had alot of success with that. Sold a few hundred thousand records, with volume 1,2, and 3 of Legit Ballin with a bunch of artists from the Chi. I put out the compilations to basically pump them up and blow them up and put them out there. I fell back on that situation after a while because I did not like how the independent game was turning out after a few years. I just stuck to my guns with my solo project on a major and did that for a while and just felt like after the whole success that I had it was time to bridge that gap once again between the Midwest and the industry. So I felt like doing a label again, and instead of calling it the same thing, lets switch it up and we was like man we about getting that money right now so we gonna go GMG, Get Money Gang, Get Money Gang Entertainment. My boy Liffy Stokes helped me think of the title.

Could you tell us a little bit about the artists that you have on the label? Who do you have currently signed at the moment?

Well definitely we got the Speedknot Mobstas, which actually I should say my man Liffy Stokes. He is doing his solo thing now. We got my man B-Hype, in case people don't know, B-Hype has been my hype man since day one, down with me since Adrenaline Rush, you can see him on Corrupt World on my album Adrenaline Rush. He got a single coming out called My Life that will be out next year. Well he also got a album coming out called 2nd Chances coming out next year and the single is called My Life so that is my guy B-Hype right there. You got Mello Tha Guttaman from the southside of Chicago and he is really leading off the compilation, Who'$ Got Next that we got out right now that we just released. He leading off with the first single called Ridah. He got alot of hot stuff that is blowing up on the streets of Chicago. From K Town where I am from we got my man Skooda Chose. He got a single on the compilation called You Feeling Me. We just shot a video for it so you can catch that online.

He coming with that piff man, that lyricism. That is the one I brag on when it comes to these MC's out here talking about what they can do with these lyrics. I just go get my man Skooda Chose. We also got Anya and that is a girl that sings alternative music, R&B, Pop type stuff but it is always different when she do it. Just look for that whole vibe right there when you listen to my girl Anya. Then we got the Green Girls, they do they thing. 2 girls, by a famous player that was singing in the game by the name of Dolla Green. I don't know if they want to advertise that hard, but they call themselves the Green Girls and they do they thing real hard. So that who we are currently working with right now. We also got Young MAB, he also on the compilation. Young Maverick. Those are just some of the people that we are working with right now.

Being a artist and then having to flip roles and then be a CEO, how much in the creative process of creating songs and albums and mixtapes are you with your artists? Are you hands on with them, are you more laid back? Let them do their own thing, how do you handle it with your artists?

It's really a little bit of both man, because when I first met the guys, they were all self contained, working on they music, doing what they do to the fullest. Knowing how they want they mixtape and records to sound and everything so all I had to do is sit back and let them do what they do. But at the same time we hang out alot. So when I am in the studio and I see them doing something, I got a motto I always say. I come in man Twista always want to be part of the dope shit. If I walk in and I hear something that I think is dope, I will jump on the record or they may ask me for a hook or something but we all jump on each others projects in that fashion. But as far as doing the music, I just let the guys get down.

What is on deck for the label?

Who'$ Got Next (EXPLICIT) (CD) ~ Twista (Artist) Cover Art

We actually like I said earlier finished and released a compilation. It is called Who'$ Got Next. The reason why I called it who got next is because I wanted to present something to the table and show people the next wave of talent to come out of the city. I was like man Twista Presents Who'$ Got Next. But that is the reason I called it Who'$ Got Next the whole thing was not so much to sell a bunch of records, but more to get these guys out there and get them some exposure. So even though we selling records, we doing alot of giveaways too. Like at all of these shows and everything, we giving a bunch of records away. Who Got Next is something that is definitely out there for the streets, yall grab it, support ya boy Twista and I am letting yall see what is next to come out of Chicago. Who I think is hot for the 09 until.

What do you have on deck after the compilation? Do you have any solo records set to drop from the artists after that?

Definitely. I feel like whoever is the hottest or whoever I feel like is getting the most recoginition or who is the most ready at the time. Which the order is not going to matter real hard because the game is so competitive you have to move at a rapid pace anyway. So nobody has to wait a long time for their record to come out. Right now we got the single Ridah leading off the album. Skooda Chose has been down on the label the longest, but between Mello and Skooda we are going to jump off into a bigger label situation with them. It might happen simultaneously so you never know. Because we are trying to be affiliated with a bunch of different companies. You might see a Mello Tha Guttaman doing his thing over here with just for example he might be doing his thing with a Cash Money, or you might see Roc-A-Fella working with Skooda so we gonna spread the guys out a little bit. They definitely talented enough to hold they own. If you ever stood in front of them and watched them buss 2 or 3 verses a piece, you will be like oh shit (laughs).

Do either of them have any mixtapes or anything for people that are new to their music that they can check out? Myspace information?

Yeah they both got mixtapes. You can really just google them and all of their info is going to come up. Skooda Chose and Mello Tha Guttaman once you pull both of they names up all they info gonna come up. Myspace info and everything, you will be able to see they mixtapes. I forgot the names of they mixtapes because they got so much material and so many songs, but they both just put together a dope ass mixtape a piece. Man they off the chain, man go check them out man. Both of them definitely have hot mixtapes.

Skooda Chose- Top 5 Material mixtape

skooda

Skooda Chose Mixtape Download Link

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=608943490&email=95be8e949f41782a39e9200a0fcd211a

Photobucket

Mello Da Guttaman Mixtape Download Link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ow8iz

What is your personal thoughts on how the second SpeedKnot Mobstas album? Are you satisfied with it? How do you feel the album has done since it dropped a couple of months ago?

SM

Oh no I was definitely not satisfied with it. We was going through a whole lot of inner struggles with the mob to even get the project out anyway. That is why you see Liffy Stokes doing his solo thing right now, Mayz is doing his solo things. That was one of the last attempt efforts to try and keep the crew together. To me that thing fell through with two situations. One, the guys wanting to move now and wanting to do something now and two just dealing with the contracts and where we was able to put them I just felt like we was not able to get everything that we needed to get in the deal to push the record the way we needed to push it. The end result of it was that the project did not come out and do as well as it could have done and get the buzz that it could have got. One of the positives about that is that once you do create that buzz you can always double back and let a person know what you got out. That is a project that is out there that alot of people do not know that is out there. And once they listen to it and vibe to it, then they are going to see that there is good music on there, so as far as the project coming out the way that I wanted it to, nah I feel like it could have been pushed better on my end and the label's end and I felt like we did not get everything that we needed to get from that particular deal to push it but it was something that was about getting something done for the boys right then at that time so we did what we did and it's done and now they off doing they solo thing.

Are you guys holding out the possibilty of doing another SpeedKnot Mobstas album in the future or are you guys going to hold off and get all the solo stuff out of the way now?

I mean the SpeedKnot Mobstas name is always strong. You might see other artists that you have not seen in the SpeedKnot Mobstas that was not released through me come out with something because it was always a bunch of us out there, so the name is still strong but as far as the actual members like Liffy Stokes, Mayz and Twista, actually getting together and doing a album soon? It probably won't happen. We got too many ideas and too many projects that we are able to come out with to go back in that direction. I think it was time to let that situation die down.

Well that is all the questions that I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview and good luck with any future success with Get Money Gang Records. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Man I want everybody to check out not only Who'$ Got Next, but just keep ya eye open for the whole thing. 08 was a tripped out year and a crazy year for everybody, but I feel like I got a few things out there for people to check out who's to come and I kind of took a break or more of a laid back version of being in the industry in 08, but look out because I am coming, I am bringing my mob with me. My new album is going to be called F-5. If you don't know what F-5 means, go look it up. Pull it up or something and go see what F-5 means. That is the name of Twista's new album it's coming out around the Spring time and I am coming out bussing heads. Lyrics off the chain I am rejuvenated.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Hey Ma

Re: TWISTA INTERVIEW
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »
Twista never disappoints me.