Author Topic: Anyone else as disgusted as I am by what's going on in Canada?  (Read 307 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Anyone else as disgusted as I am by what's going on in Canada?
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »
So an election takes place, the conservatives win, and now the liberals and the two other parties want to band together and overthrow the Prime Minister? Not band together for another election and hope the new alliance gets them the vote. Nope, they want to just band together and claim the throne with out consulting the people. I've always thought we lived in a pseudo-democracy as it stood but this is going way too far.

I already plan to vote against these three parties next election regardless because they even attempted this, but if this goes through I will actually go out and canvas against them for the Conservative party (which isn't all that right-winged to begin with).

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Anyone else as disgusted as I am by what's going on in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 04:33:51 AM »
I wish them all the success in the world on their staging of a coup. Too bad the US Military is too powerful for that to happen here.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 08:42:22 AM »
does lil ole Shallow need a lesson in parliamentary democracy?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 11:26:18 AM »
ive always hated canada actually.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:03:51 PM »
does lil ole Shallow need a lesson in parliamentary democracy?

No I don't, but Dion needed a lesson is the Canadian mindset, and he got one. Whether or not the Canadian people knew about how our shitty "democracy" works wasn't the issue. The issue was whether or not the Canadian people would accept an in house regime change, particularly one aided by the Bloc. And they wouldn't. The whole ordeal made Harper look better than ever and if it had gone to an election Harper would have won the majority he wanted in the first place, and if it hadn't gone to an election and it was simply PM Dion, in the next election he'd get eaten alive. Of course it looks like now that enough Liberal MPs would have either crossed the floor for big positions in the Harper majority that would occur or at the very least voted against the coalition. The MP in my riding publicly released a memo in the mail that he would not back the co-op and would vote no.

Bottom line is that Dion showed he was a power hungry liar and he got canned. This whole thing could work out quite well in the Lib's favor though. Ignatief will not proceed with it in January but he will make himself famous by declaring himself the new watchdog in parliament, which will set him up for a win next election. Canadian's didn't really want Harper again, they just really didn't want Dion. And they certainly didn't want the idea that at any moment a minority government of 3 parties who have nothing in common can ban together and take out the leader for stupid reasons.

Parliamentary style regime changes should be saved for times when the PM takes us into wars we don't want to be in, or makes drastic changes over night. Not because he wants to cut public funding for separatist parties or not have the right economic plan in time. It cheapens the whole system that way.

Just because you aren't Conservative and don't like Harper anyway doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to see how bad a regime change like this would have been for our future. In the end all it would have done was enable the Bloc to get more money and more influence, because every time a minority is formed in the future the Bloc will hold the cards.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 06:06:25 PM »
dont get me wrong i love following politic but with all these boring ass leaders, ignatief will make me asleep, harper is trying to brainwash the english part of the country. So now all i follow is hockey, go habs go!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 06:08:53 PM by Waassup Bitch »