Author Topic: wtf does nas mean "You Judists thought I was gone, so in light of my death"?  (Read 699 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
i bet nas really isn't even that smart.

Read this next line and you'll increase your bet;

"Jesus died at age 33, there's thirty-three shots
from twin glocks there's sixteen apiece, that's thirty-two
Which means, one of my guns was holdin 17
Twenty-seven hit your crew, six went into you"

What's wrong with this verse? 

What the hell does it mean, and what does Jesus dead at 33 have to do with it?

simple.

he shot up a crew with two glocks, sprayed 27 bullets into the crew, and hit the main target 6 times.  the jesus line is just a way to start it off. 

Oh, so that's what it is. Too bad for that crew that Nas couldn't get his hands on that one mic he desperately needed because they he wouldn't have been able to kill all those people. But then again it is Nas, he could probably kill more people with the mic instead of the two glocks.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Nas is one of the smartest rappers out there.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

He absolutely is.

Doggystylin

He absolutely is.

yeah maybe in the rapper world, but even in the rap world i bet someone like slug is just as smart if not smarter

da_notorious_mack

lupe comes across to me as more intelligent,....nas comes across as one of those guys that soaked up a lot of knowledge but has had it obscured by years of weed smoking and living the life..i read an interview a year or so back where he was talking about building with busta...and he was saying how many of the 5% messages he had forgotten or intepreted incorrectly

but i dont think you can use it to take away from his artistry...the cleverest person can sound stupid if he choses to speak on a subject that isnt his forte...if anything nas should be applauded for putting such references in his music...because it make people like yourself question it and that more often than not results in serious debate and exchange of knowledge

i mean if he writes

jump in the whip..spunk on ya bitch
get her to cook me lunch then i dip

its whatever...its too generic...i love hip hop where u can breakdown and discuss the music...even if the message isnt something you agree with
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 04:08:38 AM by CmeeNoMore »

da_notorious_mack

plus you've took that line out of context

you judist's thought i was gone
so in light of my death
ya'll been all happy go lucky -pretty self explantory when you add the last bar

Prof@ssor

Clearly he's referencing Judas, one of the twelve apostles who ended up betraying Christ, and Jesus Christ as himself.  Basically he's saying everyone thought his career was over (hence their Judists - followers of Judas) but since he's Christ, he will arise again - hence, his career will rise again.  Earlier in the song he refers to himself as the "true savior."  It's basically a hype song to say fuck you to the naysayers.

Though I must say I questioned his intelligence when he spit this shit on Dance,

"The galaxy is so enchanting beyond, Galileo's understanding
Past the milky way and all the planets
There's something out there greater
But only god knows, scientist claim we came from apes
But they lies though, that was part of our conversation"

Dude needs to read up evolution.  He sounds ignorant.

I always thought he was referring to the Jewish.
Judist
Judism - Judaism (from the Greek Ioudaïsmos, derived from the Hebrew יהודה, Yehudah, "Judah"; in Hebrew: יַהֲדוּת, Yahedut, the ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judism

I don't think the Jews are often referred to as Judists.  If so it's a really negative depiction of them and rather inappropriate.   Nonetheless, it's commonly used today as a backstabber which originates from Judas's action against Jesus.  If he is referencing the Jews it is a rather dumb verse.

Anyways, as the person said above about his ignorant comment about the Persians you can read more here:
http://www.epinions.com/content_4782530692

props man, the link you gave was very interesting.

the ghost

its just some fly shit

Shortest and best reasoning behind some funny lines.  Nice wish I could give that a +1, I was laughing when I read it....to the point...sometimes its just some fly shit!

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
its just some fly shit

So true..

Fiddy dissed himself when he dissed a man for reading books.

• Muthafuckin' OG
One may interpret the Jesus bars as  as saying if someone such as Jesus, a man with such stature, power, and respect, died at age 33 then you don't deserve to live that long so I'm a put you to rest.  Or it's a 33 gun shot salute as a respect to the dead and all of them were pointed at his enemies.

But, i like it just cause it's some fly shit.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 03:54:15 PM by points »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Clearly he's referencing Judas, one of the twelve apostles who ended up betraying Christ, and Jesus Christ as himself.  Basically he's saying everyone thought his career was over (hence their Judists - followers of Judas) but since he's Christ, he will arise again - hence, his career will rise again.  Earlier in the song he refers to himself as the "true savior."  It's basically a hype song to say fuck you to the naysayers.

Though I must say I questioned his intelligence when he spit this shit on Dance,

Judist
Judism - Judaism (from the Greek Ioudaïsmos, derived from the Hebrew יהודה, Yehudah, "Judah"; in Hebrew: יַהֲדוּת, Yahedut, the ...

I don't think the Jews are often referred to as Judists.  If so it's a really negative depiction of them and rather inappropriate.   Nonetheless, it's commonly used today as a backstabber which originates from Judas's action against Jesus.  If he is referencing the Jews it is a rather dumb verse.

Anyways, as the person said above about his ignorant comment about the Persians you can read more here:

lmao that dude was being way too literal there...

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'
Nas is smart.. Chino XL is a genius

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nas is smart.. Chino XL is a genius

And Lil Boosie is omniscient.

Prof@ssor

Judist

lmao that dude was being way too literal there...

lol man it's such a pity 99% of dubcc members are incapable to read a text that is longer than 5 sentences, unless it's an interview of their favorite rapper.