0 (0%)
DJ Premier
17 (81%)
Juicy 'J'
1 (4.8%)
Me
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: DJ Premier Vs. DJ Paul Vs. Juicy 'J'  (Read 1259 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: DJ Premier Vs. DJ Paul Vs. Juicy 'J'
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 11:46:37 AM »
premo is the dopest producer for sures. three 6 have alot of epic beats but aren't as consistent as preme. don't get me wrong, i think both are dope.

u cant tell me da 6 aint been consistent, they've been one of the few groups that could do it.  Gangstarr didn't jump off like da 6 did.  Yeah, Preme can go overseas and maybe Guru but they couldn't attract a bigger crowd and have a better show than 3 6 Mafia.

then explain to me their latest album sucking.

da last 2 walk production wise was their best since prob 1 of the choices albums

they dont know wat it is dogg

westsiderider323

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 11:49:39 AM »
premo is the dopest producer for sures. three 6 have alot of epic beats but aren't as consistent as preme. don't get me wrong, i think both are dope.

u cant tell me da 6 aint been consistent, they've been one of the few groups that could do it.  Gangstarr didn't jump off like da 6 did.  Yeah, Preme can go overseas and maybe Guru but they couldn't attract a bigger crowd and have a better show than 3 6 Mafia.

then explain to me their latest album sucking.

da last 2 walk production wise was their best since prob 1 of the choices albums

yea thats true most known unkown had some bangers but last 2 walk was crazy
they old shit is way better tho

Jaydc555

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »
ill give them credit they do make some good productions.But lyrically they are horrendous.A 9 yeard old could write better lyrics then them.As far as being compared to premo....one of them will be praised 50 years from now...and it isnt 3 6 mafia.lol.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2008, 11:31:25 PM »
ill give them credit they do make some good productions.But lyrically they are horrendous.A 9 yeard old could write better lyrics then them.As far as being compared to premo....one of them will be praised 50 years from now...and it isnt 3 6 mafia.lol.

Only if the Media has it's way (Premo will be the only one up top shinin').  I say that with love, but dogg besides a random few niggaz on the internet- Preme isn't big outside of NY and PA and MA.  I live in Maryland trust me.  U could argue with me all day about that "he's known worldwide" shit but facts are facts- A Three 6 concert will outsell a Gangstarr concert anyday (mostly anywhere), and the venue WONT be filled with a buncha' teenagers (I've been to too many).  And its not all about how many NYC style rhymes you can come up with (its all about the song).  Yeah they aint the best (even though you're sleeping hard on Juicy J') they can still come up with a decent enough rap so that their albums dont sound horrendous to the ears after 6 months.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 10:26:55 AM by BiggBoogaBiff »

Paul

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 05:59:03 AM »

Only if the Media has it's way (Premo will be the only one up top shinin').  I say that with love, but dogg besides a random few niggaz on the internet- Preme isn't big outside of NY and PA and MA.  I live in Maryland trust me.  U could argue with me all day about that "he's known worldwide" shit but facts are facts- A Three 6 concert will outsell a Gangstarr concert anyday (mostly anywhere), and the venue WONT be filled with a buncha' teenagers and folx under 25 (I've been to too many).  And its not all about how many NYC style rhymes you can come up with (its all about the song).  Yeah they aint the best (even though you're sleeping hard on Juicy J') they can still come up with a decent enough rap so that their albums dont sound horrendous to the ears after 6 months.

well said
funkyfreshintheflesh

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2008, 11:08:09 AM »

If you ask me, even though (obviously) Preme has more numbers Paul & Juicy win.  U can't deny Preme's talent (and I'm not tryin' 2) but same goes for HCP.  Artistically I think 3-6 have an edge (and in the more recent years that's proven to be true- No Industry glitches either).  They started this whole get buck music era, they are the Godfathers.  like Ice T is to 'reality (gangsta)' music.  Do ya history homies- Paul & J have done alot more for this game than you know.  The Oscars/Grammy/Tony's, etc. are ALL rigged- all i can say is that i've never heard "its hard out here for a pimp" on the radio or heard it anywhere else besides that 10 minutes in the movie (why wasn't "Whoop That Trick" nominated?).  they finally got the credit they deserved.  Why do u think 3-6 has been more "out there" these past couple of years instead of Lil' Jon (who does tons of ghost production btw)?  Real Hip Hop heads know what I'm sayin'.  3-6 will forever go down as some of tha baddest muthafuckaz to ever grace a microphone period.  whether u like 'em or not.

(Captain Planet Three 6 Video)
  (The Muppets & Three 6)
(Halo 2 Three 6 Mafia)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:17:39 AM by BiggBoogaBiff »

Jaydc555

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2008, 11:33:18 AM »
I agree with a lot of what you said.But baddest on the microphone?I mean sure their music is rowdy and its good energy music but thats about it.It doesnt have much weight to the music when they for the most part rap about 3 subjects.I mean its a type of music and they do it well i give their due.When I want some mindless shit to get me pumped ill put them on though i still prefer m.o.p.But if your looking for any kind of intelligence then they are not the place.As far as you saying im sleeping on J well then post me something.Because all I hear is elementary lyrics.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2008, 01:18:41 PM »
I agree with a lot of what you said.But baddest on the microphone?I mean sure their music is rowdy and its good energy music but thats about it.It doesnt have much weight to the music when they for the most part rap about 3 subjects.I mean its a type of music and they do it well i give their due.When I want some mindless shit to get me pumped ill put them on though i still prefer m.o.p.But if your looking for any kind of intelligence then they are not the place.As far as you saying im sleeping on J well then post me something.Because all I hear is elementary lyrics.

- right here

and besides who cares if cuz rhymes aint as "lyrical" as a NaS or Crooked I or Papoose.  that shit dont matter no more (and Hip Hop isn't hurt bcuz of that).  I know (and most ppl outside of the internet) would agree as long as the song is good and it bangs then its all good.  Grown ass men and little kids aint standin' around talkin' about the lyrical-lyricist like that anymore.  I dont speak 4 mankind or the leader of the new free world but times have changed and just bcuz 90's Hip Hop is Still and Forever will be Golden doesn't mean it has to be the "bar" for All and Future Hip Hop, cuz if you ask me it's bigger than those days now, and the subject matter hasn't changed up a bit (except more party records which is a GOOD thing instead of a bad thing).  If there was one album in Rap music history I wished never came out was "Hip Hop Is Dead"; that album really did Kill the 'life' of Hip Hop (everything released after that by any artist hasn't had the same feel as it did before- now its just "oh okay, another album")  that shit makes me mad by the minute.

Jaydc555

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »
We just have to agree to disagree.I mean I do enjoy this music sometimes dont get me wrong.I just prefer something that makes me think.and 3 6 have never spit anything that made me rewind it.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2008, 01:42:24 PM »
We just have to agree to disagree.I mean I do enjoy this music sometimes dont get me wrong.I just prefer something that makes me think.and 3 6 have never spit anything that made me rewind it.

lol... true shit, but I keeps them on the replay.  and this wasn't about me & u.  im exposin' 'em a lil' more- they really r unsung heroes- whether they make u think about whoopin' someone ass or think about puttin' somethin else positive on cuz if u lisen to em any longer you'll kill some1.

BiggBoogaBiff

Smoke some weed and...
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2008, 04:54:51 PM »
Are there videos that explain their 'sampling' techniques? I want to see them make a beat from scratch

(Important)
(eazy to make g funk beats)
(eazy)
(sexual eruption)
(timbaland style)
(dr. dre type)

(inspiration)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 06:56:00 PM by BiggBoogaBiff »