Author Topic: A quick look at the westcoast section...  (Read 1916 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
A quick look at the westcoast section...
« on: December 27, 2008, 11:57:07 PM »
...and i have no clue who half these rappers are!!  all these 'new west' rappers n shit..that, lets face it, will never make it, except for maybe glasses.  the other half is talking bout kurupt and DPG.

sad shit. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: A quick look at the westcoast section...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 12:11:20 AM »
You should check some of the new rappers out man. There is some good music out there.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 12:17:44 AM by D~Nice »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 04:33:17 AM »
...and i have no clue who half these rappers are!!  all these 'new west' rappers n shit..that, lets face it, will never make it, except for maybe glasses.  the other half is talking bout kurupt and DPG.

sad shit. 

are you sure?

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 08:12:59 AM »
Jay Rock, Nipsey Hussle, Glasses Malone, Clyde Carson, Bishop Lamont... these are the type of dudes you should check out

like D-Nice said there is alotta good music out there

westsiderider323

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »

sad shit. 

and still talkin bout Detox

penenstamp

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »
Occasionally there's good new music, but 9 out of 10 times it comes from the same artists.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 11:45:49 AM »

sad shit. 

gota keep up man u slacking  8)

2euce 7even

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 12:50:29 PM »
Nipsey And Jay Rock.
Fuck The Rest

GottiValentino

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 02:46:41 PM »
Jay Rock is the shit 8)

Bishop, Glasses are dope too

as for Kurupt I don't know what the fuck he is up to myself and I'm his biggest fan :-\

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »
lol... y'all are still limited in your selection of artists....

I haven't heard a lot of these "New West" folks either.... and personally I'm not a fan of the whole "new west" as appose to the "old west" thing.... it's just another excuse to create beef amongst ourselves....

but many of the folks who have always held Cali down are still makin hot music.... and of the "New West" stuff, I've heard, a lot of it is good....

But me, I'm not a big Glasses fan, he reminds me too much of Jeezy who I can't stand....
Crooked I (yes I know, he ain't dropped an album, just mixtapes, but his mixtapes is hot!), Bishop Lamount, still E-40 (even though the last album was lack-luster), Zion I, Eastwood, Brotha Lynch (he's got some new shit commin), Dilated Peoples (y'all always forget the Dilate), Murs, Epademik Emcee Esq, Noah Jones, Dj Quik for God's sake, how the hell can you people forget Dj Quik....???? the list goes on and on, point is, if someone try's to sell you a CD and you don't buy it, you can't really say that there ain't no decent music (or there isn't enough decent music) on the West Coast.... You just ain't payin attention.....

Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 03:13:17 PM »

I haven't heard a lot of these "New West" folks either.... and personally I'm not a fan of the whole "new west" as appose to the "old west" thing.... it's just another excuse to create beef amongst ourselves....

but many of the folks who have always held Cali down are still makin hot music.... and of the "New West" stuff, I've heard, a lot of it is good....

But me, I'm not a big Glasses fan, he reminds me too much of Jeezy who I can't stand....
Crooked I (yes I know, he ain't dropped an album, just mixtapes, but his mixtapes is hot!), Bishop Lamount, still E-40 (even though the last album was lack-luster), Zion I, Eastwood, Brotha Lynch (he's got some new shit commin), Dilated Peoples (y'all always forget the Dilate), Murs, Epademik Emcee Esq, Noah Jones, Dj Quik for God's sake, how the hell can you people forget Dj Quik....???? the list goes on and on, point is, if someone try's to sell you a CD and you don't buy it, you can't really say that there ain't no decent music (or there isn't enough decent music) on the West Coast.... You just ain't payin attention.....

i never said anything about the music coming from the west, i just said that what ppl are posting in the westcoast section is all the same.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 03:17:12 PM »

i never said anything about the music coming from the west, i just said that what ppl are posting in the westcoast section is all the same.

I know, that wasn't necessarily directed at you....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »
Why don't you go to the West Coast section and make a new thread of something west related that you want to talk about. You could have done that instead of this pointless complaining.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 05:25:21 AM »
Why don't you go to the West Coast section and make a new thread of something west related that you want to talk about. You could have done that instead of this pointless complaining.

exactly, props!

Chad Vader

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 02:25:21 PM »
Why don't you go to the West Coast section and make a new thread of something west related that you want to talk about.
You could have done that instead of this pointless complaining.

+1

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=186286.msg2049283#msg2049283
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 03:25:55 PM by Chad Vader »