Author Topic: LMAO @ this Shade Sheist's statement  (Read 2715 times)

Elano

Re: LMAO @ this Shade Sheist's statement
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2009, 04:45:36 AM »
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY 5K INDIE RECORDS BRINGS IN!!?

now multiply that by 10 and u have the stats for "BTWBTH".. my 1st official independently-released album.

no,school me.

im not sure but i think $5 for each cd.. while rappers like game get $1... correct me if im wrong
ya i know

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2009, 07:09:52 AM »
this is one of the most entertaining things ive ever read on the internet. nice job shade 8).

was your second album officially released? i never knew it existed and i was thinking about copping it last night but its only digital on amazon. guest spots and production credits look nice as hell.

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2009, 08:54:27 AM »
You can get it digitally or purchase a DOD physical disc of it from: www.PutYourselfOut.net

as for sales, you are pretty much correct.. The majors will leave you with $1 a unit (what I got for II)..
Independently however, depending on the project, I can earn anywhere from $5 (minimum) to $9 (maximum)..

BTWBTH and NUNETIME brought us the most operational capital we ever seen in 2005 and then the
06.06.06 free release of "GTA3" caused a relapse in sales of both.. providing for the 2007 year.

The beauty of independent sales is that even years later.. you still collect that $5 a unit, not the typical $1..
so I can still promote an older release and end up with unexpected change just cause a new interview released or
somebody was talking about me in a store, on the forums (lmao) etc..  Majors stop promoting after a "cut-off" point..

Indie has no "cut-off"... Indie has no real rules, for that matter!

...and indeed the trick is to gain mainstream appeal and then go independent..
It is for this reason I am able to keep touring internationally while most other artists are stuck in their backyards!

PUT YOURSELF OUT.
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2009, 09:08:47 AM »
Shade.. my bad if uve already answered this question, but other then the Str8 west coast remix.. what tracks have u done with Dre either rapping or ghost writing.. i know cos of legal implications u mite not be allowed to say certain tracks, but which ones can u tell us about?

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2009, 09:50:26 AM »
Shade.. my bad if uve already answered this question, but other then the Str8 west coast remix.. what tracks have u done with Dre either rapping or ghost writing.. i know cos of legal implications u mite not be allowed to say certain tracks, but which ones can u tell us about?

I have answered this but it's all good..
This is Dr. Dre we are talking about.. so if you can't mention one you can't mention any!

a typical disclosure agreement lasts upwards 10 years.. just FYI..
Publishers commonly use them to protect publishing information..
in some instances you may receive a performance fee and sign a confidentiality agreement in return for your work.
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

Elano

« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2009, 12:01:06 PM »
hey sheis thanks to all those indie sales now you live in a mansion in beverly park or in calabasas near travis barker ?

LBalls

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2009, 12:19:14 PM »
man a lot of your fav. artists on the west (and PERIOD) are struggling to make ends meat in the industry right now...this guy is on his fucking grind why can't anyone respect someone's hustle...this guy is touring, making music, etc. ...  and making a living off of this shit...the guy has a lot of industry knowledge telling by his posts and just off knowing his past....man a few of you guys hating would be better trying to network with dude instead of trying to hate so hard lol

all i know is i'd sure like to be touring the world doing what i love and making cash...even if it was decent cash...

anyways...the guy is at least coming in the forums and providing us all with some entertainment....thats more than even some of my fav. artists who have more time to waste and are prolly making less money...lol

thanks mang!

Elano

« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »
hate ?  ::)
i've started a thread about what he said during an interview.
there's no hate from me

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2009, 03:20:52 PM »
^what was your intention then?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »
yeah I saw it as a opinion or givin thoughts

hate ?  ::)
i've started a thread about what he said during an interview.
there's no hate from me
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Elano

« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2009, 04:44:47 AM »
too bad this topic has been ruined by shade sheist.....

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2009, 05:12:15 AM »
hey sheis thanks to all those indie sales now you live in a mansion in beverly park or in calabasas near travis barker ?

LMFAO