Author Topic: Do you believe in karma?  (Read 1221 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Do you believe in karma?
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 11:52:09 AM »
  Like if I step on a bug, swat a fly, accidently spit in someones face when I talk - do I have repurcussions?  Hell no. 

LMAO :stupid:

:camp:

you're gay.....and?

and so explain to me where you draw the line with your karma bullshit.

there is no line, moron...if you step on a bug, you're not gunna go to hell for it, obviously. but when you give yourself persmision to knowingly inflict evil in any way shape or form, that's when shit starts coming back to bite you in the ass. there are different levels of evil, and depending upon how much you get into it, that's how much it's gunna come back at you. this is pretty much the same thing as believing in God. LOL@you not understand the concept of karma. "if i accidentally spit in someone's face, will I have repercussions?" LMAO.

Jesus christ...There is no such thing as good or bad in this sense jackdick.  There are actions and reactions.  If I break my ankle and can't walk for a month it could be perceived as bad.  However, it may have kept me from walking across the street and getting hit and killed by a car.  Therefore breaking my ankle was arguably the greatest thing to happen to me.  Spitting in someones face and therefore getting knocked the fuck out isn't karma, it's a reaction.

So if I do step on a bug and I'm not going to hell for it, what is the karmic response then?  I will then get bit by a spider or something? 

you're an idiot...honestly

ok then prove it by arguing my post.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 12:03:10 PM »
  Like if I step on a bug, swat a fly, accidently spit in someones face when I talk - do I have repurcussions?  Hell no. 

you're gay.....and?

there is no line, moron...if you step on a bug, you're not gunna go to hell for it, obviously. but when you give yourself persmision to knowingly inflict evil in any way shape or form, that's when shit starts coming back to bite you in the ass. there are different levels of evil, and depending upon how much you get into it, that's how much it's gunna come back at you. this is pretty much the same thing as believing in God. LOL@you not understand the concept of karma. "if i accidentally spit in someone's face, will I have repercussions?" LMAO.

Jesus christ...There is no such thing as good or bad in this sense jackdick.  There are actions and reactions.  If I break my ankle and can't walk for a month it could be perceived as bad.  However, it may have kept me from walking across the street and getting hit and killed by a car.  Therefore breaking my ankle was arguably the greatest thing to happen to me.  Spitting in someones face and therefore getting knocked the fuck out isn't karma, it's a reaction.

So if I do step on a bug and I'm not going to hell for it, what is the karmic response then?  I will then get bit by a spider or something? 

How can I argue something that goes completely over your head? It's not that you don't believe in karma, it's that you don't UNDERSTAND it. Now, if you only believe in actions and reactions, then you clearly don't believe in God. To think that you can just do evil shit without paying for it in one way or another only goes to show that you're an unspiritual being. Say, for instance, you believe that the only way there will be a reaction to you being a cheater is if someone caught you cheating...by the laws of karma, that is wrong. It's not what you do that dictates karma, it's the energy you put behind it. If you believe in God, which I doubt you do, you would have understood this concept a lot better...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 12:32:10 PM »

you're gay.....and?

How can I argue something that goes completely over your head? It's not that you don't believe in karma, it's that you don't UNDERSTAND it. Now, if you only believe in actions and reactions, then you clearly don't believe in God. To think that you can just do evil shit without paying for it in one way or another only goes to show that you're an unspiritual being. Say, for instance, you believe that the only way there will be a reaction to you being a cheater is if someone caught you cheating...by the laws of karma, that is wrong. It's not what you do that dictates karma, it's the energy you put behind it. If you believe in God, which I doubt you do, you would have understood this concept a lot better...PeACe

I don't pretend to know if there is a God or not.  I'm agnostic.  I understand the concept of karma, but what I've said is where is the line drawn?  Where does it begin and end?  I can be the most unselfish, giving, loving person on earth and bad shit can still happen to me.  Did bad shit ever happen to Ghandi?  Mother Teresa?  Jesus?

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2008, 02:19:10 PM »
I don't believe in karma until 500 posts  ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »

you're gay.....and?

I don't pretend to know if there is a God or not.  I'm agnostic.  I understand the concept of karma, but what I've said is where is the line drawn?  Where does it begin and end?  I can be the most unselfish, giving, loving person on earth and bad shit can still happen to me.  Did bad shit ever happen to Ghandi?  Mother Teresa?  Jesus?

Three people with enormous legacies. Must be bad to have your name remembered for the rest of history, huh?

Honestly, though, it's nothing that can be proven, but the fact that you don't get the concept is mind-boggling. Again, there is no line...you do something intentionally/knowingly evil, there's a higher power watching, and you're gunna get something for that. that's the concept. there's different extents. that doesnt mean you're gunna die if you accidentally spit in someones face, and it also doesn't mean you wont have a comfortable life if you purposely killed someone...read up a lil more on energies. it's the energy you put behind what you do that determines the outcome, not what you actually do. there's a higher power. believing in that is what believing in karma essentially is...PeACe

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2008, 01:41:35 AM »
^^for gods sake, elior, youre still into this pointless arguing over 10ths of pages...
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

penenstamp

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2008, 02:55:49 AM »

fine, but what if you get raped at the age of 2-4??? does it mean karma applies only to grown ups or in your oppinion only to women from the age of what, 16?
if you ask me this is just a bunch of bullshit.
there are people acting like the last immporal fuck ups and they die a sweet happy death, there are little children, the innocensce in itself, who can die the most cruel deaths, or people who behaved morally correct mostof their life, still they get shot, raped, tortured...how can u explain that with your karma-logic`?

Good things will come back to you, unless you liked it and/or if you're a boy you pushed back.

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2008, 06:48:25 AM »

fine, but what if you get raped at the age of 2-4??? does it mean karma applies only to grown ups or in your oppinion only to women from the age of what, 16?
there are people acting like the last immporal fuck ups and they die a sweet happy death, there are little children, the innocensce in itself, who can die the most cruel deaths, or people who behaved morally correct mostof their life, still they get shot, raped, tortured...how can u explain that with your karma-logic`?

Good things will come back to you, unless you liked it and/or if you're a boy you pushed back.

there are people acting like the last immoral fuck ups and they die a sweet happy death, there are little children, the innocensce in itself, who can die the most cruel deaths, or people who behaved morally correct mostof their life, still they get shot, raped, tortured...how can u explain that with your karma-logic`?

will such people then be punished or rewarded in their afterlife????
if u are religious, my bad, then logic is inapplicable
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

penenstamp

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2008, 03:48:36 PM »

there are people acting like the last immoral fuck ups and they die a sweet happy death, there are little children, the innocensce in itself, who can die the most cruel deaths, or people who behaved morally correct mostof their life, still they get shot, raped, tortured...how can u explain that with your karma-logic`?

I believe in reincarnation. You fuck up in this life, your next life will be fucked. Why do you think more babies are born in Africa than anywhere else in the world?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2008, 04:51:45 PM »
^LMFAO
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »

I believe in reincarnation. You fuck up in this life, your next life will be fucked. Why do you think more babies are born in Africa than anywhere else in the world?

honestly what a bunch of stupid bs  :-\
[J-Live]

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2008, 05:41:43 PM »
Karma is a bitch! don't you think?

Rugged Monk

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2008, 06:49:53 AM »

Hahaaa. Good point.

I see it like this:

in SPACE when a supernova or a star implodes and wipes out a few million planets...is that good or bad karma? A black hole wrecking immense destruction devouring worlds is that 'good' or 'bad' karma?
Some things simply are. And that is also karma.
When a baby is born deformed screaming in pain upon the cold sting of the world...is that good or bad karma? That is also karma.

Our minds rationalize things and events into 'good' or 'bad'. This is so we can shift through the information of the world and understand it.

However the characteristic thing about karma is that there are an infinite array of possibilities...KARMA is vast and not always comprehensible:
although it is the balancing current of existence to the point where it eventually addresses the 'good' and the 'bad'; it also encompasses everything else. And that is a big everything else.

Of course the more extreme effects of good or bad karma are the most discernable to us in our everyday lives.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:13:42 AM by Illuminatus Ayatollah Overfiend »

Sikotic™

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2008, 02:34:27 AM »
No and yea. I believe life is a bunch of random events that occur from your conception until your death. However, if you think about it, a person that does a lot of fucked up things usually faces a fucked up fate, but there are cases where a good person suffers an even more fucked up fate. So I think life may be a little bit of randomness mixed in with karma.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE