Author Topic: Will songs like this have a place in 09  (Read 254 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Will songs like this have a place in 09
« on: December 31, 2008, 11:48:53 AM »
http://www.zshare.net/audio/53525698efe85d0e/

I dont care 4 all of your opinions (most will be bias) but I would like to know some.

G-Funk

Re: Will songs like this have a place in 09
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 11:02:30 AM »
I don't think so. I only can imagine hearing this played in a car on a mix cd some person made

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Will songs like this have a place in 09'
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 12:53:27 PM »
Yeah I know.  Thats wat I was thinking.  Hip Hop changed (thx 2 time & Nas).  It's all good though, I wonder wat the new sound will be?  Maybe an updated version of the late 90's sound or an old skool live band version of Hip Hop (American Gangster - Jay Z).  I don't know but lately I've been feelin' that Hip Hop is dyin' down.  Songs don't sound like songs anymore (old & new) or maybe I'm just getting older and that shit is starting to be for the birds.  I'm excited as hell about Detox- but for some reason I think after Dre drops this album Hip Hop will be in a complete new space (maybe an end to Hip Hop) lol idk.  Even the South has changed up they a little bit (Gorilla Zoe "Lost")        We are in a new day obviously, and even though I mentioned the above... I believe that the game will get RAW again, its just us black folx need to get our shit together b4 we start goin' back to killin niggaz on 14 outta 16 tracks on the albums and bein' fucked up or depressed on the other 2.  And as far as the 'Sound' go (if you ask me, I think its getting better- just not as "raw" as before- but still all good).

G-Funk

Re: Will songs like this have a place in 09'
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
Yeah I know.  Thats wat I was thinking.  Hip Hop changed (thx 2 time & Nas).  It's all good though, I wonder wat the new sound will be?  Maybe an updated version of the late 90's sound or an old skool live band version of Hip Hop (American Gangster - Jay Z).  I don't know but lately I've been feelin' that Hip Hop is dyin' down.  Songs don't sound like songs anymore (old & new) or maybe I'm just getting older and that shit is starting to be for the birds.  I'm excited as hell about Detox- but for some reason I think after Dre drops this album Hip Hop will be in a complete new space (maybe an end to Hip Hop) lol idk.  Even the South has changed up they a little bit (Gorilla Zoe "Lost")        We are in a new day obviously, and even though I mentioned the above... I believe that the game will get RAW again, its just us black folx need to get our shit together b4 we start goin' back to killin niggaz on 14 outta 16 tracks on the albums and bein' fucked up or depressed on the other 2.  And as far as the 'Sound' go (if you ask me, I think its getting better- just not as "raw" as before- but still all good).

I feel you on that. Music in general aint as good as it used to be :/ But hopefully that will change.
I think Detox won't disappoint, it'll probably be a bit different than we think, but still dope. who knows, maybe the west will reign again

y'neverknow
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 01:33:58 PM by Dollaz + $ense »

Al Bundy

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »
is this a mix or something you did?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »
is this a mix or something you did?
\

It's off "Mixtape: Tha Appeal" junt they did back in 03'.  i know this shit is crazy bangin' lol.  IMO way better than both of the Originals.

But as far as the West gettin' back ontop... No and I hope it doesn't.  It's boring havin' one State (California = The West Coast) dominating.  Thats why them southern niggas is hot- when you talk about southern rap you talk about ALL the states gettin on (Tenn. Miss. GA. TX, etc), when you talk about The East or The West you're really only talking about ONE state (and the rest are just mixtape filler states lol).  Thats some Willie Lynch shit and the game doesn't need to go into one direction again.  What about Washington DC, Kentucky, Delaware, New Mexico, Seattle, Denver, Maryland?  We need a 50 State Hip Hop thang goin' on not just a one sided domination (California & New York).  The game is calling for an artist like Bishop Lamont http://www.zshare.net/audio/5357587195f6bb86/ to get ontop but it also needs Soulja Boy azz niggaz too.  And the sound shouldn't be 'limited' to one type (even though Southern Producers REARRANGED the whole production game).  Everybody is paying attention to Hip Hop this year, it should be intresting to see how it turns out!