Author Topic: Old School track: Shaq - Outstanding  (Read 169 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Old School track: Shaq - Outstanding
« on: January 01, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
First one of the year

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLAVsPMzPRU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FLAVsPMzPRU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Just to show that an OK rapper 16 years ago is a tight rapper today, hopefully '09 will be a great year for Hip-Hop

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Old School track: Shaq - Outstanding
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:14:52 AM »
Old school?

Hardly...

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:25:33 PM »
I actually did like the song, my favorite song of him but stopped listening the day Whaq sold out to the Lakers.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 05:57:10 PM »
Old school?

Hardly...

1992 is pretty old school. I'd say anything before 1996 was old school now. Now if your talking era's, yeah the Ol' Skool era ended in 1986 with the release of Paid in Full bring in the Goldyn Era, but now your getting picky.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »
Old school?

Hardly...

Damn... I get so tired of this.  People think that 1,000 years from now the 1980's is still supposed to be the only genre described as "old school".  Don't you understand that it is the year 2008, so Shaq (being from the early 90's) can now be described old school?

What is a person supposed to say.  "Ohh, I like the new rappers that are out.  Check out this new song by Shaq that came out in 1993!"??????

Anyway, taking it from another angle I can understand where you are coming from, but it's all just a semantic exercise (which I actually enjoy when it comes to hip-hop.  This thing always comes up.  Like over the use of the word "nigga" or "gangsta rap" or so many other words that have been defined and redefined and argued over in hip-hop.  Even the word "hip-hop" has been argued over so many times, as far as what defines hip-hop, what is real hip-hop, etc.).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 07:58:32 PM by Infinite African West Coastin »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:20:26 AM »
Old school?

Hardly...
sorry homie,buts this is old scxhool.93 was the year...u had this,the chronic,the predator,and 2pacs (stickly 4 my niggaz)out the same month....go study ya art cuzz.