Author Topic: 50 Cent to drop new single on January 1st.  (Read 6697 times)

Matty

Re: 49 Cent to drop new single on January 1st.
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »
the track was sent to dre to 'tweak' the drums and mix so yes he's correct to say it was dre drums :laugh:

the old production argument especially in regard to dre has been done again and again but i like the angle that the true producer of a record is the person who really brings it to life. more recently dre has been turning beats into records and not neccesairly taking full credit for it/being credited for mixing. example - 'been through the storm' on busta's big bang lp. the record is 'produced' by sha money xl but according to snoop it sounded like a completely different record when dre had finished with it.

it aint just word of mouth, i can easily hear dre's influence on a record a mile off. the snoop and r kelly single produced by nottz, candy shop produced by scott storch, get up produced by scott storch. that disco inferno tune bangs too. i bet that 'straight to the bank' sounded nothing like the finished version before dre messed with it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 06:39:28 PM by Matty »

StreetPoet

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »
 :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Jaydc555

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
Theirs a big difference between someone who makes beats and a producer.in any other genre of music the producer for say a rock album.he doesn't come up with the melody or play the instruments.he gives everything a cohesive sound and arranges everything putting his own personal touch.that what dr.dre does.he's a producer in the actual sense of the word

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 07:43:23 PM »
yeah thats dope
Id like to hear face over that shit
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 07:57:36 PM »
i thought 'talk about me' was absolutely banging, definitely an underappreciated dre beat 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2009, 10:59:59 PM »
hopefully this (finally) comes today  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 01:00:59 AM »
Theirs a big difference between someone who makes beats and a producer.in any other genre of music the producer for say a rock album.he doesn't come up with the melody or play the instruments.he gives everything a cohesive sound and arranges everything putting his own personal touch.that what dr.dre does.he's a producer in the actual sense of the word

he doesn't come up with the melody?

do your homework

Jaydc555

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2009, 01:08:48 AM »
I didn't say dre doesn't.I was talking about producers.so understand what I'm saying first.and if you think dre came up with the melody for every song he takes credit for then your just silly lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2009, 01:24:10 AM »
I didn't say dre doesn't.I was talking about producers.so understand what I'm saying first.and if you think dre came up with the melody for every song he takes credit for then your just silly lol

oh yes you did, whether directly or indirectly:

anyway, don't worry about me, i did my homework  ;)

Jaydc555

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2009, 01:51:04 AM »
If you did your homework then you'd know that countless people have come out and said dre put his name over their productions...which would mean he does not come up with the melody

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2009, 06:39:24 AM »
If you did your homework then you'd know that countless people have come out and said dre put his name over their productions...which would mean he does not come up with the melody

yeah i heard a lot of barking, but i can easily look through that  ;)

Paul

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2009, 06:41:56 AM »
dre probably mixed the record and that was it khalil probably produced it

Wouldnt bother me, Khalil is probably the hottest producer out imo
funkyfreshintheflesh

Prof@ssor

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2009, 10:12:02 AM »
I loved Talk About Me and When It Rains It Pours. Talk About Me is just banging, nice violins in the chours. And When It Rains is not only a sick instrumental (I always thought Hi-Tek did some ghost production on it) but it's also one of the rare emotional songs from 50.

Come And Go beat was just a loop but had a dope basic melody imo, just sounded unfinished and 50 sounded very clear and focused. But Fire as a song is garbage, beat is cool.

I loved Talk About Me and When It Rains It Pours. Talk About Me is just banging, nice violins in the chours. And When It Rains is not only a sick instrumental (I always thought Hi-Tek did some ghost production on it) but it's also one of the rare emotional songs from 50.

Come And Go beat was just a loop but had a dope basic melody imo, just sounded unfinished and 50 sounded very clear and focused. But Fire as a song is garbage, beat is cool.

"Talk about me" was the most generic Dre beat ever...I know amateurs on Myspace that can make better beat on Fruity Loops...and please don't come up with arguments like "Ow at least it's perfectly mixed" lol...don't get me wrong I'm not hating on Dre, I'm a big fan of him, but this beat was just good. Not even above average.

Matty

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2009, 11:03:06 AM »
"I know amateurs on Myspace that can make better beat on Fruity Loops" come on man, there's no way that shit can be taken seriously...

talk about me > http://www.zshare.net/audio/53730108cab49b4f/

Lunatic

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2009, 11:07:26 AM »
anyone got an idea when this droppin?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com