Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Will Always Be A Internet Artist And Nothing More  (Read 2937 times)

KC-HOODSTA

Re: Bishop Lamont Will Always Be A Internet Artist And Nothing More
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 06:29:40 PM »
^^
and even thats a big stretch for bishop.

some people were meant to be successful artists, and some were meant to be internet rappers. it aint bishop's fault.

i have never heard the term internet rappers till i logged in today

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »
^^

some people were meant to be successful artists, and some were meant to be internet rappers. it aint bishop's fault.

Digital MCs
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 06:43:30 PM by RadioTube! »

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 06:40:46 PM »
LOL  :D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 06:40:54 PM »
haha god damn!!!!!

^^

Digital MCs
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 06:43:42 PM »
but this shit is sold in tha street too.  this nigga up around my way who sells cds sells of Bishop's shit (Maryland) and my cuzzin from Trenton sells his shit too (New Jersey/New York/Philadelphia) Bishop and Crooked I get love on the East too, not as much as the West but how can you expect em to wit' no big distribution. - thats not nessessarily a problem with some artist in their own 'standards'.  if Bishop & Crook wanted to tour over here on the East/South they could

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 06:45:59 PM by RadioTube! »

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2009, 06:44:24 PM »
^^

See come to dubcc and learn something new everyday  ;D

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »
Almost every west coast artist is an internet artist. I don't know why yall think Bishop won't release an album. The album is probably done already, the moneys been spent, why wouldn't they decide to release it, cut their loses and maybe sell 200-300 thousand copies.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »
Almost every west coast artist is an internet artist. I don't know why yall think Bishop won't release an album. The album is probably done already, the moneys been spent, why wouldn't they decide to release it, cut their loses and maybe sell 200-300 thousand copies.

Bishop will be big, he has the right people behind him & will hit the radio with a banger & do just fine for himself.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
Bishop and Crooked I get love on the East too, not as much as the West but how can you expect em to wit' no big distribution.
thats all gonna change now with crooked I's big distribution deal he's gettin. one word...... cdbaby
 crooked I is MADE! dont sleep

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »
haha they gon pay for his tour bus, hotel, and grub while hes out doin boss thangz?

Bishop and Crooked I get love on the East too, not as much as the West but how can you expect em to wit' no big distribution.
thats all gonna change now with crooked I's big distribution deal he's gettin. one word...... cdbaby
 crooked I is MADE! dont sleep
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2009, 06:55:48 PM »
he already had that record with 'grow up' and while i don't think it was THE record for him to blow up with it had a good message and should have been given a chance to catch on properly with a video. there certainly shouldn't have been any bullshit label intervention but it was supposedly going to distract from detox, which isn't coming out for some while anyway.

somebody pulled the plug on bishop just before his shit was going to drop, just like the shenanigans with stat quo. i don't really want to hear bishop's album two years after its completed even if its crazy - id much rather get it while its fresh. the most succesful projects seem to be the ones that don't get sat on and get pushed out the door as soon as they are ready to go.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2009, 06:59:48 PM »
The reason why i really dont respect bishop is because he always runs his mouth faster than speedy gonzalez like he know all the industry politics giving interviews to various internet sites etc and the man doesnt know anything i know that the only thing dre tells bishop is to go clean the restroom go get some more tangaray clean the floors ok bishop you can get these busted bitches and he thinks he's hot shit.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2009, 07:09:41 PM »
The reason why i really dont respect bishop is because he always runs his mouth faster than speedy gonzalez like he know all the industry politics giving interviews to various internet sites etc and the man doesnt know anything i know that the only thing dre tells bishop is to go clean the restroom go get some more tangaray clean the floors ok bishop you can get these busted bitches and he thinks he's hot shit.
hahahahaha  :D

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2009, 11:06:45 PM »
The trite but true statement applies here, "Time Will Tell."

We all will wait and see if Dr.Dre releases Detox and if Bishop will have heavy hand in the lyrical department.  Additionally, we all will see if he will release an album on Aftermath.

Personally, I think the three headed monster is coming and Bishop will reap the benefits of its tidal wave.  50 will hit the scene first, Eminem will follow, and Detox will smash it home.   Bishop will be able to ride their power influence similar to what Game has done with 50 Cent and G-Unit's popularity. 

Bishop is a talented artists that is quick with the pen but needs to step up his vocal delivery.  Game is the opposite.  He has very talented with the vocals and horrible at the pen.  If the two could be combined they'd be a formidable artist.  I actually enjoy Bishop's interviews a lot more than Game's because he always appears to be honest and knowledgeable where Game consistently acts out.

Proof of Bishop's artistic ability is in his free street albums.  Nigger Noize was a better reflection than Nas's Untitled (Nigger).   Pope Mobile was wack due to poor production - it needs to be mastered.  The Confessional was hot and contained a lot of tracks that originally  was supposed to be the Reformation.  I don't know what any of that means.  I assume better music is being made and he's improving as an artist.   In one his lastest interview he provided reflection on Stat's departure and a conversation he had with Dre.  According to Bishop, Dre said he would have to wait some time before he got an official release.  Bishop replied, "I can watch paint dry."  I guess he's proving this.

I also have comments on SWAGGER.  What we call swagger has always existed and it's called personality.  A good artist has personality, a good artist has swagger - a measure of self-confidence and ability to represent themselves.  Everyone has a different personality, everyone has a different swagger.  Don't hate the swag, your favorite artists has it too.  It's part of having an image and is a must if you wish to be marketable which most rappers wish.

Finally, I don't know how many of you know but Bishop got featured as a hip-hop quotable for his verse on Dj Babu's My Opinion.  More proof of his ability to shine through.

Paul

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2009, 06:32:12 AM »
The trite but true statement applies here, "Time Will Tell."

We all will wait and see if Dr.Dre releases Detox and if Bishop will have heavy hand in the lyrical department.  Additionally, we all will see if he will release an album on Aftermath.

Personally, I think the three headed monster is coming and Bishop will reap the benefits of its tidal wave.  50 will hit the scene first, Eminem will follow, and Detox will smash it home.   Bishop will be able to ride their power influence similar to what Game has done with 50 Cent and G-Unit's popularity. 

Bishop is a talented artists that is quick with the pen but needs to step up his vocal delivery.  Game is the opposite.  He has very talented with the vocals and horrible at the pen.  If the two could be combined they'd be a formidable artist.  I actually enjoy Bishop's interviews a lot more than Game's because he always appears to be honest and knowledgeable where Game consistently acts out.

Proof of Bishop's artistic ability is in his free street albums.  Nigger Noize was a better reflection than Nas's Untitled (Nigger).   Pope Mobile was wack due to poor production - it needs to be mastered.  The Confessional was hot and contained a lot of tracks that originally  was supposed to be the Reformation.  I don't know what any of that means.  I assume better music is being made and he's improving as an artist.   In one his lastest interview he provided reflection on Stat's departure and a conversation he had with Dre.  According to Bishop, Dre said he would have to wait some time before he got an official release.  Bishop replied, "I can watch paint dry."  I guess he's proving this.

I also have comments on SWAGGER.  What we call swagger has always existed and it's called personality.  A good artist has personality, a good artist has swagger - a measure of self-confidence and ability to represent themselves.  Everyone has a different personality, everyone has a different swagger.  Don't hate the swag, your favorite artists has it too.  It's part of having an image and is a must if you wish to be marketable which most rappers wish.

Finally, I don't know how many of you know but Bishop got featured as a hip-hop quotable for his verse on Dj Babu's My Opinion.  More proof of his ability to shine through.

Props, best post i have read on here in a while +1
funkyfreshintheflesh