Author Topic: GTA:4 Vs. GTA: San Andreas  (Read 484 times)

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
GTA:4 Vs. GTA: San Andreas
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:47:31 AM »
Ive been wanting to have this discussion for a long time... mainly because i think

GTA:SA > GTA:4

First of all - I like what they did with the game making it more realistic, i like the cellphone idea, the comedy club, the fact its harder to get away with crimes...and a bunch of other stuff.... BUT

What happened? They completely left out Paramedic, taxi, firefighter, and vigilante missions??? I know you can chase criminals in a squad car but there is no reward for it? Also no barber or tattoos?? No gang territories or gang wars? It just feels like after you beat the game there isnt much to do, except call people up get wasted and drunk drive (yea i like that feature also). To me it feels like after you beat GTA:SA there is still a bunch of stuff to do, after beating GTA:4 i feel like the only thing to do is get wasted bone his girlfriend and search for hidden jumps....which isnt very fun at all  :'(

Is anyone with me on this? Or am i totally missing something from GTA4 that just "makes it"?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: GTA:4 Vs. GTA: San Andreas
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »
GTA:4 im sorry is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than SA

The Multiplayer alone destroys SA
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:50:30 AM »
Well im talking single player only, and if you didnt know they've had "multi theft auto" online for years for PC

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 02:31:54 PM »
GTA4 is the best one ever made.

just all of the small extra things you can do, it makes it better, imo.

San Andreas was dope, but this one is just awesom-er. ;)

herpes

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 06:55:15 PM »
SA had a much better soundtrack

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 11:26:51 PM »
best soundtrack hands down was on Vice City...

but back to the question at hand... i think SA and 4 are almost two different games completely....

its like GTA3 and GTA SA... i think as they continue to make more they will visit that style of game in the future

Muhfukka

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 01:04:14 PM »
there was definitely more shit to do in san andreas, but the game itself is so much better in 4. when you hit someone in your car they dont just die they get launched out into the street and shit. you cant beat that

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »

yep. Plus the story is horrible. The mission design is  crappy and uninspired compared to its preceedors. If you take the new graphics and physic engine  away, Vice City and San Andreas kick GTA IV's ass.
GTA IV is not GTA anymore, the humour and satire is still there but not comparable to Vice City. It rather feels like all the other 08/15 games (except for the amazing world)
Plus they messed up the PC version, fuck you Rockstar you won't get me to buy a X-Box
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:27:43 PM by Dr. Ján Ïtor »

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 01:33:44 PM »
there was definitely more shit to do in san andreas, but the game itself is so much better in 4. when you hit someone in your car they dont just die they get launched out into the street and shit. you cant beat that

yep, that's very important and totally egalises that they messed up the parts that made GTA so outstanding.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
both are great games but SA is probably the greatest game ever. hands down, the story was so fun, from LA to the Bay to Las Vegas and Back, that was amazing. the soundtrack was great and the story was awesome. the only drawback was the graphics but oh well.

i'm still waiting for a GTA: San Andreas Stories. it seems inevitable

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 12:19:58 PM »
both are great games but SA is probably the greatest game ever. hands down, the story was so fun, from LA to the Bay to Las Vegas and Back, that was amazing. the soundtrack was great and the story was awesome. the only drawback was the graphics but oh well.

Dude if they re-made the GTA:SA map with GTA4 game design that would be the fucking shit

Muhfukka

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »

yep, that's very important and totally egalises that they messed up the parts that made GTA so outstanding.
well im not a nerd who gives a fuck about the storyline, i go around and kill people and its more fun to do that in gta4 than san andreas

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 02:11:14 AM »

well im not a nerd who gives a fuck about the storyline, i go around and kill people and its more fun to do that in gta4 than san andreas

It scares me that people like you are  not in a mental hospital. You're US citizen right? If I lived there, I would be even more scared, because there people like you can legally own weapons.
Btw, you haven't understood what the game is about.

Raphael

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 10:05:38 AM »

Dude if they re-made the GTA:SA map with GTA4 game design that would be the fucking shit
for real San Andreas is my favorite game ever. GTA IV got boring real quick for me.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »
Glad to see a few people agree. I mean they obviously improved on GTA:4 but they just left so much good stuff out that they had in ALL THE OTHER ONES that it amazes me. And yes the GTA:SA map is the fucking best with the 3 cities.