Author Topic: GTA:4 Vs. GTA: San Andreas  (Read 482 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: GTA:4 Vs. GTA: San Andreas
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »
Glad to see a few people agree. I mean they obviously improved on GTA:4 but they just left so much good stuff out that they had in ALL THE OTHER ONES that it amazes me. And yes the GTA:SA map is the fucking best with the 3 cities.

Nothing better than cruisin with a plane through San Andreas.

Muhfukka

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 02:51:01 PM »
there was definitely more shit to do in san andreas, but the game itself is so much better in 4. when you hit someone in your car they dont just die they get launched out into the street and shit. you cant beat that

yep, that's very important and totally egalises that they messed up the parts that made GTA so outstanding.
well im not a nerd who gives a fuck about the storyline, i go around and kill people and its more fun to do that in gta4 than san andreas

It scares me that people like you are  not in a mental hospital. You're US citizen right? If I lived there, I would be even more scared, because there people like you can legally own weapons.
Btw, you haven't understood what the game is about.
i havent understood what the game is about? haha ok nerdboy youre right,how could i be so stupid? i have played all the gtas since gta3 (besides those psp ones) and beat them all, but because i prefer to just fuck aroundand kill people i dont understand the game?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
both are great games but SA is probably the greatest game ever. hands down,

Tell that to all the Game sites that rated GTA 4 best game ever hands down  ;)

GTA 4 is MUCH better than SA just because of the storyline in  4. You get much more out of NIko than any other character before him. It's like you're watching a movie at deciding what the main actor/character is going to do next.

The storyline, graphics and gameplay are ALL much better than SA. I don't understand how people can hate on 4? Unless you're all about Gangs...than I can see why you might like SA more than 4.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
Thug life bitch!!  :scarface:  :love:

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 06:06:09 AM »
both are great games but SA is probably the greatest game ever. hands down,

Tell that to all the Game sites that rated GTA 4 best game ever hands down  ;)

GTA 4 is MUCH better than SA just because of the storyline in  4. You get much more out of NIko than any other character before him. It's like you're watching a movie at deciding what the main actor/character is going to do next.

The storyline, graphics and gameplay are ALL much better than SA. I don't understand how people can hate on 4? Unless you're all about Gangs...than I can see why you might like SA more than 4.

you really think  the story is better? I think it's very repititive: You get to know a new dude, make two or three missions for him, and then you have to decide if you kill him or his nemesis. OK, I was quite happy most of the time when I could kill one of the annoying characters, but what's that for a story when there are 100 protagonists and you kill 90 of them after a short while. Niko and Roman were ok, Niko has more character development than CJ or tommy (I still like them both more), but all  other characters were absolutely annoying( like that Brucie or playboy X) That Manny guy was funny in the first cutscene, after the second, he was already unbearable.
I never felt the story, and I never felt 90% of the characters.

The characters in San An and especially in Vice City were so much better (Ken Rosenberg, or Ricardo Diaz as an example). Plus they had cool voice actors, like Samuel Jackson, MC Eiht, George Clinton or Axl Rose, that created atmosphere.

PS: It's not just because of the gang theme in San An, I think Vice City is a better game than IV.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 10:28:59 AM »
Prefer the charachters in SA, also how much did Swizz Beatz pay to have that shitty track on one of the radio staions everytime you go on to it.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »
SA had a much better soundtrack

yep. Plus the story is horrible. The mission design is  crappy and uninspired compared to its preceedors. If you take the new graphics and physic engine  away, Vice City and San Andreas kick GTA IV's ass.
GTA IV is not GTA anymore, the humour and satire is still there but not comparable to Vice City. It rather feels like all the other 08/15 games (except for the amazing world)
Plus they messed up the PC version, fuck you Rockstar you won't get me to buy a X-Box

i was extremely dissapointed with IV, the graphics and such were nuts, but the game was way too easy and way too short, and not much secrets or to collect like the last two games.

SA had alot more features also. workingout, fixing up cars, etc.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Muhfukka

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 02:52:24 PM »
one thing that pissed me off about gta 4 is how nobody fucks with you. im not saying gta 4 needed gang shit like san andreas, but i mean there should be certain areas where you can get jumped at night and shit. also i think it would be cool if people stole cars at red lights

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 03:02:30 PM »
one thing that pissed me off about gta 4 is how nobody fucks with you. im not saying gta 4 needed gang shit like san andreas, but i mean there should be certain areas where you can get jumped at night and shit. also i think it would be cool if people stole cars at red lights

y not gangs? there were gangs in all vice city, III. but i dont think they should have the whole "turf" concept like san andreas because thats what made it different, but i wouldnt mind gang territories like they had in III and Vice

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »
they've had gangs since the beginning of grand theft and they just somehow left it out lol...glad some people see the point i was trying to make. im no tsaying GTA:4 sucked it was a great game i was just dissapointed they left stuff out...oh and my fav char in GTA4 was probably brucie lol...just because he was a spaz and he was always working out or something...i usually dont watch cutscenes in games but i always watched his lol.