Author Topic: Question for the ppl who have lived both in America and another country  (Read 892 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Question for the ppl who have lived both in America and another country
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 09:56:28 AM »
People outside the US are retarded. Man, It's like they want to prove Americans are dumb. In reality, we are a nation of innovation, and invention.

So is Japan and so is Holland. The average American that I've met (and I've met quite a few) is ignorant about a lot of things that I think is basic knowledge.

I think that there are some areas where that is true, but at the same time there are areas where that is completely false. Each state has it's own education system, so a state like Minnesota, people are way smarter than a state like Mississippi. Even within the state, a state like California, I'm sorry LA public schools, but they are garbage, were as the private schools in California are some of the best in the nation. Like many countries, wealth also helps grant you a better education. So it is what it is. You will have it that Americans are ignorant, and that is true in some areas, but it ain't with all.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »

You can definitely point a finger at the US educational system for a lot of American ignorance. At the end of the day though, you choose to remain blind to the facts.

I agree with that. When I heard in America you learn topography in history class and not in geography class I was stunned.

We also learn geography in history class too. It's called Social Studies, we learn all the studies that deal with with people. Geography, History, Economy, Anthropology, Psychology, Government and Political Science. (though in high school Poli Sci is in Gov.) I am one of the first to admit that throwing all those subjects in one is not ideal, but it's the system we've had for some time and it's the system that I guess we'll keep. I would prefer more focused classes on these subjects, and I think that is the root to people not knowing what the rest of the world knows. After all, most complaints of what Americans know is not in science, math, English computers or anything like that. Most complaints are about our lack of knowledge is history, our belief that Bin Laden is the ruler of Iraq, that Africa is a small country were everyone has AIDS, that all European countries that are not part of our blood must not exist and that all Asians must speak Chinese.

penenstamp

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »
Most complaints are about our lack of knowledge is history, our belief that Bin Laden is the ruler of Iraq, that Africa is a small country were everyone has AIDS, that all European countries that are not part of our blood must not exist and that all Asians must speak Chinese.

^ That's just basic knowledge... I didn't know there are different school systems in the US.

Another thing that doesn't help America's image are their tourists. I swear... nearly every American that I see over here is just over here for the weed or wants the whole city to see them. Personally I understand why someone would come here for the weed, but still... Either way, it really gives us Dutch people the impression Americans are not intelligent.

the ghost

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 12:55:55 PM »
Yeah most American tourists overseas treat people like they are the workers at Disneyland.  I've wanted to apologize for some of the things I've heard Americans say overseas....So it's natural that a lot of Non-Americans feel that we are stupid, so many of us try our best to prove it while visiting them;)

Sikotic™

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »
Most complaints are about our lack of knowledge is history, our belief that Bin Laden is the ruler of Iraq, that Africa is a small country were everyone has AIDS, that all European countries that are not part of our blood must not exist and that all Asians must speak Chinese.
LOL, this is a true story. I have cousins from Memphis that came out here to LA to visit me a few years ago. We were just talking about whatever and one of my cousins asked "Do Chinese people speak Spanish?"

I was speechless  :-X
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Matty

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 01:02:13 PM »
the only useful thing to learn is communication skills and how to think/learn/ask questions for yourself. the education you get as a kid is pretty much nonsense repeating trivial facts with low level understanding, atleast here in the uk.

while there are clearly a hell of a lot of stupid americans (bush got 2 terms) there are stupid people absolutely everywhere. most people just refer to them as 'the people' or the 'general population'. i worked in retail for a while and almost all people are stupid or arrogant in one sense or another, whether they be bums or 'high rollers'.

where's the love?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 04:12:13 PM »
the fact that more than 40% of the us population believe in creationnism is symbolic of how dumb the average american is. It's crazy that a person like sarah palin who said to the LA times that she believe that human and dinosaures lived at the same time is also someting you dont see in my country

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »
People outside the US are retarded. Man, It's like they want to prove Americans are dumb. In reality, we are a nation of innovation, and invention.

So is Japan and so is Holland. The average American that I've met (and I've met quite a few) is ignorant about a lot of things that I think is basic knowledge.

I think that there are some areas where that is true, but at the same time there are areas where that is completely false. Each state has it's own education system, so a state like Minnesota, people are way smarter than a state like Mississippi. Even within the state, a state like California, I'm sorry LA public schools, but they are garbage, were as the private schools in California are some of the best in the nation. Like many countries, wealth also helps grant you a better education. So it is what it is. You will have it that Americans are ignorant, and that is true in some areas, but it ain't with all.

You are the last person to be talking. You would fail a 5th grade spelling/grammar test.

Jared Taylor

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »
the fact that more than 40% of the us population believe in creationnism is symbolic of how dumb the average american is. It's crazy that a person like sarah palin who said to the LA times that she believe that human and dinosaures lived at the same time is also someting you dont see in my country

In Africa, they still kill people for practicing "witchcraft". I'm not aware of anyone in America doing that for about 500 years now.

'Nuff said.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 11:13:59 PM »

^ That's just basic knowledge... I didn't know there are different school systems in the US.

Another thing that doesn't help America's image are their tourists. I swear... nearly every American that I see over here is just over here for the weed or wants the whole city to see them. Personally I understand why someone would come here for the weed, but still... Either way, it really gives us Dutch people the impression Americans are not intelligent.

Of course you get our losers in Amsterdam... lol... every pot head that can stand to save a few hundred will fly out there.  I digress.

Sadly, our education system is fucked in that, it's based off taxes. In a poor area since there is low tax revenue, there is less money spent on schools and people end up dumb as fuck. In rich areas, there is more money in schools so people get a better education. The same goes per state, as more conservative areas like the south tax less in general, and cut spending in schools. This is way people in the south, and states like Kansas and Missouri believe in creationism and evolution to them is devil talk.

Hey Ma

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 11:44:23 PM »

In Africa, they still kill people for practicing "witchcraft". I'm not aware of anyone in America doing that for about 500 years now.

'Nuff said.

lol. Also true.

Sikotic™

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 11:51:12 PM »
she believe that human and dinosaures lived at the same time is also someting you dont see in my country

I suggest you mail your apology letter to the Alaskan governor soon.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 11:53:59 PM by King Sikotic II »

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 11:56:03 PM »
she believe that human and dinosaures lived at the same time is also someting you dont see in my country

I suggest you mail your apology letter to the Alaskan governor soon.

I have been proven wrong. Hey Sik, I need some stamps to get that letter to her.

Sikotic™

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 12:00:38 AM »
You know I got you:

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 02:26:45 AM »
^^coooold ;D

sorry guys I have to apologize for that comment, that was very immature   and I want to express that this statement doesn't reflect my attitude towards people from the Netherlands, or from any other country.
Damn Janitor you need to stop drinking so much and keep your inner thoughts for yourself :stupid:

quit being such a pussy