Author Topic: Unreleased Death Row Songs (Just A List) -Someone Release It- *EDITED*  (Read 2654 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Unreleased Death Row Songs (Just A List) -Someone Release It- *EDITED*
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »
The fact that all these DAT's are not lost like a lot of us thought gives me hope that one day we will be privy to listen to all these tracks. I'm not going to sit here and hold my breath waiting though.

it's only interesting if the quality is good enough

2euce 7even

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »
as for those LBC crew tracks, i think they just overlooked them since they were a unknown group and he probably didnt think they'd sell many copies. the only fans that knew about them were hardcore fans like us lol
so why did they sign ppl like b -rezell, paradise, 6 feet deep,etc. and released their stuff on soundtracks?
why did these acts continue recording and nobody told them: "stop, our record label isnīt interested in your stuff, sorry" but NO!they left all these golden tracks there.the question is why.
because (IMO): if things would go right, you would see some of these material released.paradise-female mc, b-rezell-some real kinky rīnīb type shit.6 feet deep-would be death rowīs first boygroup (6 feet deeps another name was show n tell, they should keep it, 6 ft deep sounds like a heavy metal band for an rīnīb group)mc hammer- would be some "be positive shit", lord g.- would spit them battle flows, same with lady of rage.sneed,flexx and the whole street scholars group would give us "the best producing artists"..snoop/dpg with their dpg-flava, quik would make beats for pac,dpg, paradise,danny boy,oftb,bloody mary,murder IV hire and redrum would spit that blood-shit...and and and...but you know the history..pac died, suge got locked up..things went wrong.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »
So this Hugg guy...was his only release "G'z Up, Hoez Down"?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

2euce 7even

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 01:04:19 PM »
So this Hugg guy...was his only release "G'z Up, Hoez Down"?

he had some songs but nothing was released. his name was robert huggs aka hugg.
i wonder..whats he up to now...

MarshColin

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 02:51:38 PM »
I don't know. And my main question is, if these tracks were all there all this time then why would Suge release the mediocre shit like Dead Man Walkin when there was so much more and much better shit. Oh ya I saw Street Life listed on Snoop's inventory too! Doesn't say featuring Tupac or anything just Street Life. They probably don't even realize he is on there. My personal opinion is that Suge really didn't give a fuck about anything after he went to prison, and the people he left to run his company were pretty clueless as to what was actually there.

One thing I find very strange is that Next Episode is not there. All these other tracks are there with 4-5 different DAT copies of each song, and Next Episode was on the tracklisting for Doggystyle unlike most of these other songs, and is nowhere to be found. Could it be one of the tracks that Carl Butch Small had sitting in shoeboxes in Michigan? I guess we won't know until those are taken by the Death Row trustee and inventoried but the sale is next week and there is no sign of anything new coming from that whole Carl Butch Small thing which I find strange because that whole fiasco is the reason why it is being reauctioned.

The fact that all these DAT's are not lost like a lot of us thought gives me hope that one day we will be privy to listen to all these tracks. I'm not going to sit here and hold my breath waiting though.

can you fill me in on this Carl Butch Small incident or whatever happened?

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=28942

Nevermind what I said about the hidden stuff. I read that list of the hidden assets and there was zero masters in there. Mostly merchandise and clothing and stuff like that. LMAO @ them accusing Suge of trying to keep that stuff hidden when most of it isn't worth shit and all those DAT's are $$$$$$.

MarshColin

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »

it's only interesting if the quality is good enough

Ya but they are DAT tapes and Reels. Meaning they are the MASTER recordings so I don't think quality is something we have to worry about it. They might need to be mixed and mastered but that isn't hard to have done.

MarshColin

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 02:56:49 PM »
could suge release any dre/pac or dre produced material tho? as for those LBC crew tracks, i think they just overlooked them since they were a unknown group and he probably didnt think they'd sell many copies. the only fans that knew about them were hardcore fans like us lol

Too bad cause that lbc crew album had some dopeness to it, suge probably couldnt tell what great music is anyways.

I honestly think that by 96 Suge was so caught up in being in the spotlight that music was of little concern to him. He got famous and it went to his head. When Suge was there running the label I'm sure that other people were calling the shots music wise such as Dre.

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 02:58:51 PM »
I don't know. And my main question is, if these tracks were all there all this time then why would Suge release the mediocre shit like Dead Man Walkin when there was so much more and much better shit. Oh ya I saw Street Life listed on Snoop's inventory too! Doesn't say featuring Tupac or anything just Street Life. They probably don't even realize he is on there. My personal opinion is that Suge really didn't give a fuck about anything after he went to prison, and the people he left to run his company were pretty clueless as to what was actually there.

One thing I find very strange is that Next Episode is not there. All these other tracks are there with 4-5 different DAT copies of each song, and Next Episode was on the tracklisting for Doggystyle unlike most of these other songs, and is nowhere to be found. Could it be one of the tracks that Carl Butch Small had sitting in shoeboxes in Michigan? I guess we won't know until those are taken by the Death Row trustee and inventoried but the sale is next week and there is no sign of anything new coming from that whole Carl Butch Small thing which I find strange because that whole fiasco is the reason why it is being reauctioned.

Actually, Tha Next Episode IS on there. 
Part 6 Page 234 of 308 It's listed like this: #CP-118 Niggaz Dont Give A F/Next Ep/Gin&JCE

Also

Doggystyle w/ George Clinton is on there #CP-113 Doggy Style/G's Up Hoes Down 5/4/93

I was surprised Crooked I's "G'd Up and Banged Out" is not listed.

I was also surprised there were only a couple Sam Sneed tracks on there.

"Just Watching" is listed as a Dogg Pound track under the name "Just Watch"

Jewell's "Smokin Tha Bud" is a listed as a Snoop track under the name "Do You Smoke Enuf Bud"

There is a Snoop/Jodeci track listed as "Song For 2pac" from 9/20/96
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 03:13:59 PM by jones5099 »

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »

can you fill me in on this Carl Butch Small incident or whatever happened?

He was hiding masters for Suge.

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 03:37:27 PM »
Could it be one of the tracks that Carl Butch Small had sitting in shoeboxes in Michigan? I guess we won't know until those are taken by the Death Row trustee and inventoried but the sale is next week and there is no sign of anything new coming from that whole Carl Butch Small thing which I find strange because that whole fiasco is the reason why it is being reauctioned.

it seems to be there

http://drr.pszjlaw.com/uploaded/Death%20Row%20Records,%20Inc/Chapter%2011%20Case/Submission%20of%20Proposed%20Asset%20Purchase%20Agreement%20with%20Entertainment%20One%20LTD%20parteight.pdf

page 5

Element type: standard capacity shipping cartons
Item: flat box with snoop dogg material (Butch Small

MarshColin

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 04:31:09 PM »

Actually, Tha Next Episode IS on there. 
Part 6 Page 234 of 308 It's listed like this: #CP-118 Niggaz Dont Give A F/Next Ep/Gin&JCE

Also

Doggystyle w/ George Clinton is on there #CP-113 Doggy Style/G's Up Hoes Down 5/4/93

I was surprised Crooked I's "G'd Up and Banged Out" is not listed.

I was also surprised there were only a couple Sam Sneed tracks on there.

"Just Watching" is listed as a Dogg Pound track under the name "Just Watch"

Jewell's "Smokin Tha Bud" is a listed as a Snoop track under the name "Do You Smoke Enuf Bud"

There is a Snoop/Jodeci track listed as "Song For 2pac" from 9/20/96

Good spot there was so much to read that I must have skipped over it. Good thing to know it's there.

2euce 7even

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 05:49:03 AM »
I Wish I Could Find More Documents Like This.

Efrain

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 09:54:18 AM »
Page 282 of 308

Artist: Tupac

Element Type: 2 Inch Audio Tapes
HEAVEN AIN'T HARD TO FIND/SOON AS I HOME 225      p0508190

Damn.. there's some crazy shit in here.

2euce 7even

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 12:04:55 PM »
Page 282 of 308