Author Topic: DUBCNN: Eminem, Dr. Dre & 50 Cent "Crack A Bottle" For 2009 (Audio)  (Read 2136 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: DUBCNN: Eminem, Dr. Dre & 50 Cent "Crack A Bottle" For 2009 (Audio)
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 06:17:29 AM »
Well, there's a big difference in beats like this one, which is obviously completed and beats like Hustlers, all the tracks on Jay's Kingdom Come, 50's Come And Go, Stat's Get Low... which were literally just loops and sounded completley unfinished. I never said that I didn't like the basic melody and Dre's direction, just that the beats didn't even sound finished. That's why I love Grow Up and Bitch I'm Back and I've named them 2 of my fav. records of 08. Because these 2 sounded completed (well the sound quality on Grow Up wasn't perfect but that's because it leaked) unlike the other beats I mentioned here.

i know, i was just pointing out the contradiction ( in my eyes)  ;)
cause i actually agree with your first post

Prof@ssor

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 08:50:38 AM »
Well, there's a big difference in beats like this one, which is obviously completed and beats like Hustlers, all the tracks on Jay's Kingdom Come, 50's Come And Go, Stat's Get Low... which were literally just loops and sounded completley unfinished. I never said that I didn't like the basic melody and Dre's direction, just that the beats didn't even sound finished. That's why I love Grow Up and Bitch I'm Back and I've named them 2 of my fav. records of 08. Because these 2 sounded completed (well the sound quality on Grow Up wasn't perfect but that's because it leaked) unlike the other beats I mentioned here.

lol. please.

DazDilly

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2009, 08:59:09 AM »
Everybody was good except 5-0 Snitch. Bitch nigga!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
Beat unispired, average ? Lol what ? You have the drums, you have the piano in the background, you have the keyboards, you have that orchestra voice, you have the violins in Dre's and 50's verse and you can hear those trademark beat changes in the chours. To me this is easily the best Dre beat since Outta Control remix and is exactly how I picutre Detox sounding; very musical and more slow paced. Dre is 44 years old is not gonna rap on beats like Break Your Neck anymore lol. And the joint itself is straight, I can't think of any or a lot of club joints in the past 3,4 years that were better than this.

I think that everybody expect way too much from Detox and are all gonna be dissapointed. Dre is not God afterall people.

I dont expect too much from dre, i just expect from dre through the standards he has set himself. I expect from dre a follow up to chronic and 2001, so naturally expectations will be high. If they was not, his prior two efforts would not have been amazing.

You make a good point, dre is 44 now and his mindstate is older but if dre wants to stay in the young mans game as he has chose to, he gotta keep his shit fresh. I dont care who his musical team is, they need to be coming up with his good shit. When dre was 40 he was dropping some nice stuff so why the sudden change when he is 44? Its not to do with his age, its more to do with his sound right now. I am sure dre will get his shit right in general for when detox drops and he wont sound like a 44 year old man making beats, that i have 100% belief in. Dre is a super producer and loves to make bangers, this wont change when he is 55, 25, 35 etc. But i do agree, age can play a factor in his hunger and how creative his mind still is...does he have the push/desire to still do it?...i think so, but we'll see.

As for this joint, i dont care if he got drums in it, if he got his usual keys in it, some strings, the shit sounds average and unispired when you consider previous efforts of them. What he needs to do is get banging drum patterns, fresh melodies, great strings or something new, just something fresh we aint heard off dre before. They still tryna recreate music than come up with new and fresh ideas. Eminem sounds horrible, the hook is a joke and his verse is average, whys he still talking the shit he was saying in encore.

This actually sounds like something that comes out of a encore session and to me, thats a thumbs down.

By the way, you say you cannot think of many clubs joints in the past 3-4 years better than this, i dont understand what you're saying. Are you saying this is a club joint? Because this wont get many spins in any decent club unless they play it off names alone. The hook is a joke, whether eminem wants you to be cracking bottles or not, i cant remember the last hook eminem had which would set a club off, and this is shocking. The verses aint anything of a club joint, the beat is not of a club joint. This is just an album cut. Maybe i read you wrong and you are comparing this to club joints without it being one, but it definately is not a club banger even on a small scale.

pz
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:44:33 AM by LyRiCaL_G »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2009, 10:43:25 AM »

lol. please.

You again! Whta's wrong with you man:

Where Dre said it: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=190568.msg1945974#msg1945974

Where Bisho's inhouse producer said it: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=200430.msg2035217#msg2035217

LOL im not even mad at your reply 4 -1 im in no way trying to make this bigger than it is thats obvious No one really knows X.O. but us lol this is were we knew a reply back to his video would end cause he is no threat, for as Bishop And Game situation they two grown ass MEN homie niggas dont get along all the time thats just how shit is, See u see the game looking in i dont cause i know the in's and out's Grow Up was Not Supposta come out we did that on our own with no dre See we really dont give a fucc that song did what it was supposta do, i has Bishop Doing Songs Over Sea's For 100,000. see you looking at the little picture this is bigger than you think, Call me a fagg all u want if it makes you feel like a threat LOL i dont really give a fuck cause you still know all the words to our songs GROW UP UP UP UP LMAO

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 10:46:14 AM »
Beat unispired, average ? Lol what ? You have the drums, you have the piano in the background, you have the keyboards, you have that orchestra voice, you have the violins in Dre's and 50's verse and you can hear those trademark beat changes in the chours. To me this is easily the best Dre beat since Outta Control remix and is exactly how I picutre Detox sounding; very musical and more slow paced. Dre is 44 years old is not gonna rap on beats like Break Your Neck anymore lol. And the joint itself is straight, I can't think of any or a lot of club joints in the past 3,4 years that were better than this.

I think that everybody expect way too much from Detox and are all gonna be dissapointed. Dre is not God afterall people.

I dont expect too much from dre, i just expect from dre through the standards he has set himself. I expect from dre a follow up to chronic and 2001, so naturally expectations will be high. If they was not, his prior two efforts would not have been amazing.

You make a good point, dre is 44 now and his mindstate is older but if dre wants to stay in the young mans game as he has chose to, he gotta keep his shit fresh. I dont care who his musical team is, they need to be coming up with his good shit. When dre was 40 he was dropping some nice stuff so why the sudden change when he is 44? Its not to do with his age, its more to do with his sound right now. I am sure dre will get his shit right in general for when detox drops and he wont sound like a 44 year old man making beats, that i have 100% belief in. Dre is a super producer and loves to make bangers, this wont change when he is 55, 25, 35 etc. But i do agree, age can play a factor in his hunger and how creative his mind still is...does he have the push/desire to still do it?...i think so, but we'll see.

As for this joint, i dont care if he got drums in it, if he got his usual keys in it, some strings, the shit sounds average and unispired when you consider previous efforts of them. What he needs to do is get banging drum patterns, fresh melodies, great strings or something new, just something fresh we aint heard off dre before. They still tryna recreate music than come up with new and fresh ideas. Eminem sounds horrible, the hook is a joke and his verse is average, whys he still talking the shit he was saying in encore.

This actually sounds like something that comes out of a encore session and to me, thats a thumbs down.

pz

I definetly respect your opinion, it's obvious you feell this way. But I have to say that I am suprised about this one (your opinion on the beat, not the song). Because we disagree about some other Dre's production lately but I always understood why it's possible that you don't feel this or that beat. But with this one, I just don't see it. Maybe it's because this is exactly how I pictured Detox sounding.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 11:17:30 AM »

pz

I definetly respect your opinion, it's obvious you feell this way. But I have to say that I am suprised about this one (your opinion on the beat, not the song). Because we disagree about some other Dre's production lately but I always understood why it's possible that you don't feel this or that beat. But with this one, I just don't see it. Maybe it's because this is exactly how I pictured Detox sounding.

Nah i see what you saying, it just is what it is. Sometimes someone feels a song that others do not. No problem for me, thats what debating is all about aslong as both know how to talk and speak with respecting the others opinion. Even if we aint agreeing, its not a problem, everybody is not going to feel the same joint.

I actually think opinions from what ive read on this forum are somewhere in the middle, either u liking the way dre/50/em vibin or you finding it average/repetitive like me. I've not actually heard what anyone else is saying because i dont know anyone outside the internet who has heard this but i think if you put dre 50 and eminem even on the wackest track ever, people some people will feel it based off names alone. Thats what groupies are but i respect your opinion too, so its good.

Just not diggin this shit anything more than average joint/uninspired track.

You remember the source article about mel man and alot of dres backteam staff leaving after obies album, where they did not feel they were getting credit for shit on that, i wish dre would have still had them niggaz working on that vibe because some of the shit on that was bangin!

But i actually do think whatever dre drops on detox, it will be good, whether on the level of 2001 or chronic, i dunno but one thing for sure is dre will def drop some heat.

pz

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 01:16:44 PM »
Yeah, I definetly agree about the after Obie era comment, my favourite Dre era was from 99-03. He had some heat in 05 and 06 (Doc, Massacre, Big Bang) but even those beats weren't on the previous level. But it's really a matter of wheter we should feel nostalgic and bitch about it or accept the direction Dre has right now. Becuase imo, there is still nobody better than Dre with it comes to producing and mixing a record (and not being just a beat maker like Storch, Cool N Dre...), J.R. is the closest and Quik if he drops more tracks like Press Play.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »
I can't believe all the negativity towards this track. Em's performance isn't good? It's on some Encore shit?

Is he farting on the record? Is he burping or puking? No. He just flows and flows. Just rhymes after rhymes. Most lazy-flow mofo's would have their tongues in a knot if they spit like this. It's not the most wicked verse he's ever spit no, but it's damn hot. This is why Hip-Hop is dead - people think Em's flow here is wack, yet Lil Wayne is on every magazine cover. What the fuck?

And the beat is bad? Average Dre at best? Man, connect some proper fucking speakers to your lil fruity iMacs and shit and turn up the volume. This shit bangs. This is a sound I've been missing.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2009, 02:17:53 AM »
I can't believe all the negativity towards this track. Em's performance isn't good? It's on some Encore shit?

Is he farting on the record? Is he burping or puking? No. He just flows and flows. Just rhymes after rhymes. Most lazy-flow mofo's would have their tongues in a knot if they spit like this. It's not the most wicked verse he's ever spit no, but it's damn hot. This is why Hip-Hop is dead - people think Em's flow here is wack, yet Lil Wayne is on every magazine cover. What the fuck?

And the beat is bad? Average Dre at best? Man, connect some proper fucking speakers to your lil fruity iMacs and shit and turn up the volume. This shit bangs. This is a sound I've been missing.

i agree with you; he has a lot of catching up to do, but it's a step forward from the last album

Yeah, I definetly agree about the after Obie era comment, my favourite Dre era was from 99-03. He had some heat in 05 and 06 (Doc, Massacre, Big Bang) but even those beats weren't on the previous level. But it's really a matter of wheter we should feel nostalgic and bitch about it or accept the direction Dre has right now. Becuase imo, there is still nobody better than Dre with it comes to producing and mixing a record (and not being just a beat maker like Storch, Cool N Dre...), J.R. is the closest and Quik if he drops more tracks like Press Play.

that's what you think, but Don't Carried Away is on another level, to me.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:19:35 AM by Dre-Day »

JRiv

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2009, 05:21:03 PM »

We were bumping this track at a party last night and everybody went bananas.  The track definitively bumps on the big speakers.  But IMO, I picture a better track with Em Dre, and Snoop rather than Em Dre and 50.

Track is Tight!

tempo2

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »
fuck what people are tlaking this track is banging, i have no idea what hip hop people have been listening too over the last 5 years but this shits on most of it...this song only makes me more excited for detox.

the beat is actually quite complex and inventve if you break it down, also dre had eminem rapping at near his best.

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2009, 02:20:13 PM »
THIS TRACK IS ALL OVER THE RADIO HERE IN PHOENIX.... HAVE YET TO HEAR THE NEW TRACK BY FIDDY ON THE RADIO....

Blood$

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2009, 02:21:59 PM »
this track has grown on me majorly, I consider it a banger now  8)

been gettin' alotta play on the iPod and in the whip from me

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2009, 08:30:19 PM »
fuck what people are tlaking this track is banging, i have no idea what hip hop people have been listening too over the last 5 years but this shits on most of it...this song only makes me more excited for detox.

the beat is actually quite complex and inventve if you break it down, also dre had eminem rapping at near his best.

Beat is ok, Em sounds horrible though.