Author Topic: BATTLECAT is by far the BEST producer on the westcoast  (Read 1009 times)

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: BATTLECAT is by far the BEST producer on the westcoast
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »
Woaw, BattleCat produced Long Gone? This track is on another level!

To me BC is the one that embodies the best the signature West Coast sound, Sets In The West is easily one of the top produced track ever.

It's sure that Dre, Quik and Cat have different styles and can't be compared, however if I'd to choose between each producers' full discography I'd go for BattleCat all day.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 01:48:30 PM »
I kinda agree that, him and Quik are definitely the best producers to me
but as everybody, we westcoast fans so sure we love Dr. Dre, Fredwreck, Jelly Roll, Daz, Soopafly, QD III, Mike Mosley, E-A-Ski, DJ Khalil, Meech Wells...

Jaydc555

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 02:11:41 PM »
Battlecat is good no doubt but better then dre?whoever thinks that is fucked in the head.dre has undisputed classics under his belt.people will be listening to the chronic and 2001 forever.battlecat doesn't have that.every time dre drops a beat he has every single person analyze it to death.nobody even checks for battlecat like that.if dr dre produces a song everybody knows it and seeks it out to listen to it.name me one other producer who has that kind of rep?battlecat is a great westcoast producer.dr dre is the greatest producer in the history of rap nobody has his history.

Amplified

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »
CAT said thanks for the feedback.

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »
Thanks for his music!

BigEEE

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 02:40:49 PM »
yea battle kat is dope, but kat needs to expand his horizons and work w/ diffrent artist from diffrent coasts to get his name out there.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 03:20:54 PM »
Cat is a phenomenal producer.. one of my fav of all time..
especialy with Classic's like.. "We can freak it".. "Get your walk on" "Do you wanna roll".. "Cali iz active"..   "nah,nah,nah" and so on..
dude is just an amazing producer.. 

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
Cat is a phenomenal producer.. one of my fav of all time..
especialy with Classic's like.. "We can freak it".. "Get your walk on" "Do you wanna roll".. "Cali iz active"..   "nah,nah,nah" and so on..
dude is just an amazing producer.. 

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »

If know cat tell him to get butch cassidy and snoop and go make some gd''up music cuz thats what we wanna hear but gangsta shit man none of that l.a.x snoop featuring ice cube stuff we want that gangsta shit for the 09.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
Dre and Quik are the epitome of West Coast production. Battlecat is up there #3 on the best West Coast producers list. All he needs is a classic album produced entirely by him.

He should be a duo with Mel Man cause when they team up its classic. Well they just teamed up once but they should do it again!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 05:53:26 PM »
^what song did they team up for?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2009, 05:54:35 PM »
quik is dope
bc is dope
dre is fuckin dope but lately hasnt done much (considerin hes always ranked as the best producer ever)

overall dre >>>>quik & bc

I dont think quik and bc could do what dre can. they can make heat but dre is fire.  hes jus a couple degrees above em IMO

theyve all made classics tho

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dopeisjay

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 05:55:44 PM »
from what i know battlecat and mel-man teamed up for "get your walk on" by Xzibit..
track bang's!!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
yeah that shit is dope Im guessin x wasnt even expectin that shit to do aswell as it did
we had the world jockin our shit but even more when he dropped that
muffuccaz was c-walkin to that like its nuthin

from what i know battlecat and mel-man teamed up for "get your walk on" by Xzibit..
track bang's!!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MarshColin

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 06:15:54 PM »
I'm not gonna say one is better than the other because I love all 3 of them, it just depends on the track we're talking about. Also cat's sound is pretty different in comparison overall to Dre's and Quik's. The one place where I think Dre & Quik are better than Cat is the mixing of a record which definitely changes the outcome of a production. But those 2 are known for being big names in the mixing game and as far as I know Cat isn't. Either way the thing I love about Cat's productions is you can tell that he loves the music he makes and he makes the music he feels like making and isn't influenced by the current sound of hip-hop.