Author Topic: Slim The Mobster Feat. 50 & R.Kelly - It Could’ve Been You  (Read 4882 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Slim The Mobster Feat. 50 & R.Kelly - It Could’ve Been You
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2009, 11:54:17 AM »
Honestly, I don't want to hear Crack the Bottle or this on Detox. 

Anyone hear that Just Blaze Olympic Anthem?  That's how Detox should sound but with a G-Funk, west coast vibe.  Additionally, if Dre was working with a classical pianist, learning some very complex dope shit - then it should be very piano driven, west coast influenced but at the same time universally appealing; essentially a more complex version of Legend of the Falls Off beat on Busta Rhymes The Big Bang.

This is supposed to be Dre's magnum opus, his final release, the summation of his legacy.  It should be complex, layered, and complicated but easily digestible.  The lyrics should make me want to rewind.   Fuck this club shit.   

It Could've Been You sounds good for a 50 cd sans some of what R.Kelly sang.  Crack the Bottle should just be a b-side or a mixtape track.

Edit: Finally, that ain't Bishop Lamont.  It's got to be Slim the Mobsta or someone else.

Double edit:

Here's that just blaze track -

Here's one with some dudes rapping over it, imagnie Dre on that shit. 

Speaking of which Imagine was some dope shit from Dre.  I wouldn't mind him spitting some ill shit like that.

This is how the future of hip-hop should sound or at least the greatest hip-hop cd of this generation.

That shiit is straight heated my nigga  8)

MediumL

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2009, 12:08:38 PM »
the tracks produced by dj khalil  ::)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2009, 12:14:09 PM »

damn hadnt heard this
thought you was talkin about that lebron/juelz joint
that shit is dope

Honestly, I don't want to hear Crack the Bottle or this on Detox. 

Anyone hear that Just Blaze Olympic Anthem?  That's how Detox should sound but with a G-Funk, west coast vibe.  Additionally, if Dre was working with a classical pianist, learning some very complex dope shit - then it should be very piano driven, west coast influenced but at the same time universally appealing; essentially a more complex version of Legend of the Falls Off beat on Busta Rhymes The Big Bang.

This is supposed to be Dre's magnum opus, his final release, the summation of his legacy.  It should be complex, layered, and complicated but easily digestible.  The lyrics should make me want to rewind.   Fuck this club shit.   

It Could've Been You sounds good for a 50 cd sans some of what R.Kelly sang.  Crack the Bottle should just be a b-side or a mixtape track.

Edit: Finally, that ain't Bishop Lamont.  It's got to be Slim the Mobsta or someone else.

Double edit:

Here's that just blaze track -

Here's one with some dudes rapping over it, imagnie Dre on that shit. 

Speaking of which Imagine was some dope shit from Dre.  I wouldn't mind him spitting some ill shit like that.

This is how the future of hip-hop should sound or at least the greatest hip-hop cd of this generation.

That shiit is straight heated my nigga  8)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »
the tracks produced by dj khalil  ::)

But this is extremely obvious that Dr. Dre (and R. Kelly) has something to do with this track.  This isn't all DJ Khalil- the 'sounds' used in this instrumental are too similar to Dre's and the mixing is too superb to just be a track only produced by DJ Khalil  (which isn't even an album-mastered mix- do u hear the signature R. Kelly rain drop over the percussion? or the Dr. Dre Guitar chords and Synths?  the clearness of the overall mix: listen to that new XZibit track and compare).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:40:15 PM by RadioTube! »

Matty

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2009, 06:41:15 PM »
you haven't heard enough dj khalil tracks - this could easily be 100% his production. who knows though ;d

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »

damn hadnt heard this
that shit is dope

I hadn't heard that Juelz joint but it's hot as well.  I could see a variation of that beat as well for my imaginary Detox.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2009, 07:33:25 PM »
its dope
its different
when that shit came it was crazy and suprisin
and another surpise was juelz verse on it wasnt too bad for the aite rapper that he was at the time

damn hadnt heard this
that shit is dope

I hadn't heard that Juelz joint but it's hot as well.  I could see a variation of that beat as well for my imaginary Detox.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2009, 08:54:06 PM »
you haven't heard enough dj khalil tracks - this could easily be 100% his production. who knows though ;d

Thats not true and I've heard way more than enough of Dre and R Kelly songs in my lifetime so far.  It has all of their signatures on there, mainly Dre.  That Synth that "builds up" to the Rain Drops to the Bass Synth.  I dont wanna sound jealous but it would be foolish to think that only 1 man made this track.  DJ Quik is a producer/mixer-engineer who has been doing this for the longest, he has never made anything like this sonically and that sounds so ahead of it's time.  I see where he would stand out in this track (Khalil) but speaking as a producer- who knows other producers who know other producers- something like this doesn't just come to you in a matter of 2 or 3 days or overnight for that matter (which at longest is normal for producers).  Something like this takes weeks, maybe month(s) to get done.  Listen to it again and then pop on another one of your favorite producers (just blaze/timbaland/9th Wonder/??? ??? ???) right after and you'll see a tremendous difference in quality/musicianship.  I'm not saying we dont have a modern day music-van-goh but it's just way too advanced sonically for just one producer.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:03:05 PM by RadioTube! »