Author Topic: Dodgers apparently lose out on Trevor Hoffman  (Read 80 times)

Elano

Dodgers apparently lose out on Trevor Hoffman
« on: January 08, 2009, 02:15:23 AM »
The all-time save leader reportedly will sign with the Milwaukee Brewers.

The Dodgers appeared to have lost out on their targeted veteran closer late Wednesday, when the Associated Press reported that Trevor Hoffman was close to signing with the Milwaukee Brewers.

Rick Thurman, the agent for Hoffman, told The Times earlier Wednesday via text message that the pitcher "will be making [his] decision [today]."

Thurman was not available for comment on the AP report.

Hoffman, baseball's all-time saves leader, got what Thurman called "similar" offers from the Dodgers and Brewers.

If Hoffman joins the Brewers, Jonathan Broxton figures to be the Dodgers' closer, with Hong-Chih Kuo the only other returning reliever with a full season of major league experience.

The Dodgers also have Cory Wade, Ramon Troncoso and Scott Elbert and reportedly have pursued veterans Juan Cruz, Guillermo Mota and Dennys Reyes.

Rick McCrank

Re: Dodgers apparently lose out on Trevor Hoffman
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:25:03 AM »
fuck Hoffman, we don't need anymore gay Padres on the roster

and FUCK Frank McCourt if Manny Ramirez signs with the Giants

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 08:48:41 PM »
dodgers are losing everybody

takashi siato signed w Boston, WTF you jews couldnt keep him from them?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »
haha I was listenin to ned this mornin
he said he wants manny but....
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.