Author Topic: R.I.P. OSCAR GRANT (pigs went too far again)  (Read 642 times)

zilla

R.I.P. OSCAR GRANT (pigs went too far again)
« on: January 08, 2009, 11:29:35 AM »
This has been the biggest story in the Bay Area since the new year started.. The area been on some Rodney King shit since the EXECUTION happened on new year's. I know folks that knew this cat, he was gunned down and murdered execution style, shot in the back while handcuffed. And it was all caught on tape!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1612844765/bctid6545555001

So the pig says he thought he reached for his taser, but the taser ain't even on the same side as the gun you fuckin moron!! Plus you can see his other hand taking off the safety before he shoots.

And the riots went down last night, it was crazy, got way out of control.. riots like these go down every year, we just don't get national attention like LA does.

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Law enforcement officials urged patience while they investigated details surrounding the fatal New Year's Day shooting of a 22-year-old man by a transit agency police officer.

Bay Area Rapid Transit Police Chief Gary Gee said on Sunday that the agency is "committed to completing an unbiased, thorough and detailed investigation" of the shooting death of Oscar Grant.

"This case is not even four days cold. We're in the early stages of the investigation and we will do a very thorough job," he said.

Several unanswered questions remained after BART officers went to Oakland's Fruitvale station to investigate reports of a supposed brawl on a train on which Grant was riding around 2 a.m. Thursday.

A friend of Grant's who was with him on the crowded Oakland train station platform at the time of the shooting said Grant pleaded with officers not to harm him.

"Oscar yelled, 'You shot me! I got a four-year-old daughter,'" said Fernando Anicete. "Oscar was telling us to calm down and we did. We weren't looking for any trouble."

Anicete was among more than 50 people attending a tearful news conference in Oakland on Sunday where Grant's family announced they planned to file a $25 million claim against the Bay Area Rapid Transit agency this week. A claim is the first step in the process of suing the agency.

The family's attorney John Burris said the shooting was intentional, and that he planned to ask Alameda County prosecutors to seek criminal charges against the officer. Burris said Grant, of Hayward, Calif., posed no threat to officers when a bullet entered his back and ricocheted to his lung area, killing him almost instantly.

"The officer leaned (in), was straddling over him and pointed his gun directly into the backside and shot (Grant)," said Burris, adding that Grant was handcuffed — after he was shot. "This was not a deadly force situation.
"
Gee said BART police are fully cooperating with the district attorney's investigation.

Grant's mother, Wanda Johnson, and Sophina Mesa, his daughter's mother, wept uncontrollably as Burris spoke about Grant. They did not speak, but several said Grant, a butcher at a supermarket near the train station where he was killed, was a loving father showing signs of maturation.

Cephus "Bobby" Johnson, Grant's uncle, said he text messaged his nephew just after midnight Thursday saying, "Happy New Year ... I love you.
"
Johnson never got a reply.

"I wondered why he didn't text me back," a teary-eyed Johnson said. "And then I found out why."

BART spokesman Jim Allison has said the officer's gun went off while police were trying to restrain Grant and that Grant was not cuffed. The unidentified officer is on paid leave as BART investigates the shooting.

Mario Pangelina, Mesa's brother who was riding on the same train, two cars behind Grant on Thursday morning, said Sunday he saw Grant beg police not to Taser him because of his child.

"He kept saying, 'Please, please don't Tase me,'" Pangelina said. "He was not acting hostile."

Other witnesses said Grant was lying on his stomach on the station's platform when he was shot.

zilla

Re: R.I.P. OSCAR GRANT (pigs went too far again)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 11:30:21 AM »
PS: FUCK THE POLiCE !!!!  >:(

Elano

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:23:40 PM »
This is fuckin sad  :(
R.I.P.

westsiderider323

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:34:06 PM »

Elano

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »
BART police shooter quits job, skips interview

OAKLAND — The BART police officer under investigation for the fatal New Year's Day shooting of an unarmed man quit his job Wednesday rather than speak with investigators, an official said.

Former officer Johannes Mehserle, 27, has given no comment to BART investigators since the incident in which cell phone videos appeared to capture Mehserle shooting Oscar Grant III as Grant lay facedown on the ground at the Fruitvale station, BART spokesman Linton Johnson said Wednesday.

"We had a meeting scheduled for him to talk, and his attorney and a union rep came in his place and dropped off a letter of resignation instead," Johnson said. "It's interesting, because he was supposed to be talking for the administrative part of our investigation, which is privileged information and couldn't have been used in any criminal investigation anyway."

While BART officials said they've been trying to get Mehserle to talk ever since the shooting, Mehserle's attorney said he hadn't received any requests for an interview from Alameda County District Attorney Tom Orloff's office as of Wednesday night.

"In general, a prosecutor would contact the attorney of anyone under investigation for a crime," said Christopher Miller, Mehserle's Sacramento-based union attorney. "So that would have come to me."

Orloff declined Wednesday to discuss any details of his office's investigation with the media, citing a standing policy his office has to allow police departments to act as the main public face of any officer-involved shooting investigation.

"We've confirmed the investigation, and that's about as much as we'll say," Orloff said. "The normal thing in a situation like this is to interview anyone who can shed light on it."

Mehserle's resignation takes away BART's ability to leverage a statement out of him, since he can no longer be fired for remaining silent, Orloff said.

Orloff met with a group of about 50 clergy and community members in his office, after they held a rally outside the courthouse and packed the lobby outside his office with wall-to-wall demonstrators demanding he meet with them.

Among the demonstrators was Oakland Councilmember Desley Brooks (Eastmont-Seminary), who called the shooting an "execution" and demanded an explanation of the behavior of the other officers present during the shooting.

Brooks and the clergy spoke with a crowd of about 100 people outside the courthouse just after 9 a.m. and said they'd been denied a meeting with Orloff and demanded swift justice for Grant's killing.

"What shall we tell our sons?" said the Rev. Dr. J. Alfred Smith Sr. of Alan Temple Baptist Church. "Shall we tell them to fear the law? Is the law their enemy? If Oscar Grant is not safe, then I am not safe."

Minister Christopher Muhammad of the Nation of Islam said Mehserle should be arrested immediately.

"What is left to investigate? The whole world has seen this," Muhammad said, referring to widespread Internet videos taken from witnesses' cell phones. "We can discuss his mindset later. But right now he should be detained and held on criminal charges."

At a demonstration in protest of the shooting Wednesday afternoon at the Fruitvale station, Grant's younger sister, Audrena Gilbert, said Mehserle has not talked to the bereaved family.

"I want him to start. I want him to apologize for what he did," said Gilbert, 19, of Oakland. "I want him to tell the truth, why he shot him, what he shot him for. That's all I want."

The afternoon protest, which had a microphone open for anyone to speak but was led by speakers for the Coalition Against Police Executions, drew a crowd of 500 people, police estimated. The station was temporarily shut down, and trains let passengers off at stations on either side of the stop.

"It's not enough the officer resigned today," said Sean Dugar, president of the California National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Youth and College Division. "We demand he be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. "... We shut down one BART station this afternoon. Let's do another one next week."

Speakers at both the morning and afternoon protests led the crowd in a call-and-return chant, shouting, "I am Oscar Grant."

Several clergymen at the morning protest, speakers at the Fruitvale station protest and Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums all expressed an understanding for the community's anger but urged demonstrators to refrain from violence.

"As we handle ourselves in this moment, so shall our children," Dellums said. "I think that in a community that's trying to get its hands around violence, that it's important for us to maintain the integrity of a peaceful community going forward, even in this moment of great anger, great loss and great tragedy."

Despite this appeal, protesters shouted angrily at a representative from Dellums' office sent to the Fruitvale station, and when the crowd later moved toward Lake Merritt, it prompted the police shutdown of the BART station there, lighting a Dumpster's content on fire and ramming it into a police car.

Dellums said the city of Oakland and its Police Department should not become involved in the shooting investigation at this point.

"You deal with the appropriate agencies on the ground, and I think right now that's Bay Area Rapid Transit and that's the district attorney's office," he said. "At this point, I view my role as simply trying to articulate the pain and the sorrow and even the anger that people feel at the loss of human life."

Dave Rose, a retired Placer County sheriff's lieutenant who's now an expert witness on police use of force and the co-author of "Police Use-of-Force Case Law," said every bit of Mehserle's training and all circumstances of the situation on the BART platform that night must be taken into account. All the videos should be professionally enhanced and then reviewed frame by frame for every detail, every twitch, he said.

Based on Mehserle's experience and how officers react physiologically in high-stress situations, Rose said, it could well have been nothing more than a tragic, noncriminal accident.

But UC Berkeley Boalt Hall Law School professor Franklin Zimring, a criminal justice expert, said "absolutely conclusive" videos of the shooting have convinced him there's no possible justification for Mehserle's actions.

"Normally, what you get in a police deadly force interaction is a 'he said, she said' in which there's at least an accusation like, 'There was a flash of metal as he reached toward his pocket,'"‰" Zimring said. "But this guy was already down on the ground. "... He's not in a position to be threatening anybody."

Use of deadly force is considered "in terms of a threat to the physical safety of the officer or somebody else, and there's none there in this case," he added. "So it's accident versus intention, but justification is off the table."

Whether Mehserle meant to draw his Taser but accidentally drew his firearm, or whether he meant to draw his sidearm but didn't mean to fire it, it looks like involuntary manslaughter, Zimring said.

"My money is on that second horse: I think it was an accident, but I don't think the drawing of the gun was an accident," he said, noting it probably wouldn't have been appropriate to draw the Taser but "under no circumstance I could imagine" should Mehserle have drawn his firearm given what's seen on the videos.

Zimring said accidental shootings by officers are rarely charged.

"They don't even have to meet criminal juries most of the time, but most of the time there's a plausible officer vulnerability," he said. "That's what juries can identify with, and that's what's missing in action here. If I were a U.S. or prosecuting attorney, I would not be afraid of taking a criminal case here, certainly for involuntary manslaughter, before an Alameda County jury."

In the absence of a statement from Mehserle, the proper thing to do is to charge the case based on the evidence at hand and then hear his side of the story later, Zimring said: "Not giving a statement in this context may be motivated by an unwillingness to incriminate oneself, but it also deprives the officer of an opportunity to allege that the conduct was unintended."

(http://www.insidebayarea.com/localnews/ci_11394377)

Elano

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 01:20:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4WFxAVlKQ44" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4WFxAVlKQ44</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPbCoHN2WtI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sPbCoHN2WtI</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dK4TcA_XUxU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dK4TcA_XUxU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUC_ZVbI4sM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CUC_ZVbI4sM</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DL0S6a7NGoY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DL0S6a7NGoY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sbG-xTtgGQQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sbG-xTtgGQQ</a>

Certified

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Still Waiting...
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 01:49:39 PM »
 :( fucking pigs..and as usuall there will be no charges against the police pussy that did it..

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 02:47:19 PM »
Yeah, I read about it and saw the footage. Tragic situation.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 03:25:18 PM »
I read about this, I don't want to see the footage tho.  RIP

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 07:31:50 PM »
damn this is crazy
them muffuccaz are gon get bombed on
the law cant fuck wit real streets like this
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 07:56:17 PM »
R.I.P.

what if he was palestinian, you dikk riding faggot?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Elano

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 10:30:03 PM »
R.I.P.

too bad is not one of your relatives,you dumb fucker

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »
R.I.P.

Dinamo boy , u fucking eastern european male hooker. STFU already.

Elano

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 11:24:35 PM »
R.I.P.

Dinamo boy , u fucking eastern european male hooker. STFU already.

fag ira kid,go fuck yourself and stf :sshh:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 12:39:08 AM »
Unfuckingbelievable.  Shit is disgusting.