Author Topic: Dr. Dre Furious Over Leaked Song 'Could Have Been You'  (Read 4145 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: Dr. Dre Furious Over Leaked Song 'Could Have Been You'
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2009, 04:23:07 AM »
This track has really grown on me - the beat is too sick 8)

I wanna hear more shit like this from Aftermath.

really?  :o

Yeah, in addition to their usual output - this is some funky shit on a grown up tip. Makes for good album tracks.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2009, 04:56:27 AM »
This track has really grown on me - the beat is too sick 8)

I wanna hear more shit like this from Aftermath.

really?  :o

Yeah, in addition to their usual output - this is some funky shit on a grown up tip. Makes for good album tracks.
ok, to each his own i guess  ;)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2009, 09:34:41 AM »
Everything is horrible bout this joint.. everything..

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »
especially r.kelly's comment about shit stinking cause he smells his own too

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2009, 11:59:36 AM »
especially r.kelly's comment about shit stinking cause he smells his own too

I lol'ed, i was like damn he's moved on to that now.

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2009, 12:31:04 PM »
Does anyone have a high quality (ie. non youtube encode) rip of the instrumental?

Thanks

thegooddoc

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2009, 12:46:23 PM »
this new dre tracks are garbage and DPG track are fire ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Can't tell if your being serious or not.  If you really believe the new DPG songs are good, you're either related to Daz or Kurupt or your standards are really low.  Nothing about the On and On tracks is decent.  Kurupt has fell off so hard from the days of Dogg Food, and Daz's beats have never regained the edge they once had. 

I'm not saying that Dre's new tracks are terrific, but Dre's worst stuff is better than anything that DPG has done lately.

EFFeX

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2009, 03:00:23 PM »
You know now that I think about it, just because a track leaked doesn't mean that it's not good enough for the album or just for hype. I remember having an unfinished version of "Forgot About Dre" about 6 months before 2001 dropped.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2009, 04:31:53 PM »
this new dre tracks are garbage and DPG track are fire ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Can't tell if your being serious or not.  If you really believe the new DPG songs are good, you're either related to Daz or Kurupt or your standards are really low.  Nothing about the On and On tracks is decent.  Kurupt has fell off so hard from the days of Dogg Food, and Daz's beats have never regained the edge they once had. 

I'm not saying that Dre's new tracks are terrific, but Dre's worst stuff is better than anything that DPG has done lately.

LoL i feel you but that "On & On" track is better.  They just need a selection of quality instrumentals like this (similar-better) instead of that usual tune they have on their albums and rock somethin fresher like this then Tha Pound might be back in action.  I just dont see why Daz, Kurupt, & Soopafly just form a group with Daz/Soopa on the beats along with Roscoe help writing on the tracks.  They would have a bigger spotlight than wat they have now.  I cant think of any reason why they shouldn't.  Even if we are in a recession they'll always be people willing to work on the production side for next to nothing (live instruments & engineering- quality not 4 bar loops), that's all they need and niggaz will be talkin about Tha Dogg Pound like 1998 was last year.  "Get My Drank On, Get My Smoke On" was cool but that was Myspace music.  I think the album after 100 Wayz will show how much enthusiasm they've put into their careers/"legacy".
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:36:04 PM by RadioTube! »

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2009, 10:45:36 PM »
Don't you guys think that just maybe Aftermath is leaking this stuff themselves? Look at the publicity it gets. On this site alone, every Detox thread goes at least 5 pages deep.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2009, 12:55:33 AM »
Don't you guys think that just maybe Aftermath is leaking this stuff themselves? Look at the publicity it gets. On this site alone, every Detox thread goes at least 5 pages deep.

well it sure didn't leak accidentally  ;)

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
Re: DETOX IS GONNA SUCK: Dr. Dre Furious Over Leaked Song 'Could Have Been You'
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2009, 02:55:29 AM »
The track sucks.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2009, 07:55:47 AM »
I don't know this "news" sound fishy to me. It's not even a Dre produced record, that Slim Da Mobster on the track and not Bishop, Dre doesn't allow leaks to happen just like that... If you ask me, this is one of the tracks recorded during Detox session, obviously not good enough for it, so they leaked it to create some buzz and it will probably end up on 50's album.

Yep.
It's storm in a glass of water.

There's no way I will believe that this track was meant for Detox, I bet Dre would dismiss it even before considering to lay his own vocals on it..

And I don't think "Crack a bottle" or "I get it in" is what Detox will sound like either, best believe he's saving the good stuff.  :nawty:

Agreed.  Look at the stuff Dre did right before 2001: Buck Em, Just Dippin, Bitch Please, and the stuff on MMLP.  It was good, but 2001 was on a different level. 

Even if the song is from Detox, maybe it fits the album perfectly.  Look at a song like "Be Egos", if that had leaked before 2001 came out people would have probably not liked it, but it works on the album. 

I remember hearing "What's the difference" with Hittman, and I didn't like the song, but once it was reworked, it's one of my favorite songs on the album.  And when I first heard "Still DRE", I wasn't blown away either, but that song is a classic now hands down.

Of the 3 new songs leaked, this one is my favorite.  This song is actually about something. 

I'm glad you brought that up. It seems many fans have forgotten this, but songs that leak from an album are exactly what they were intended for... AN ALBUM. We can pretty much call any track from "The Chronic" and "Chronic 2001" a classic because we view the entire album as classic. Back in '92 shit didn't leak and the only songs judged on their own were the official singles which would only make it radio, tapes, wax and clubs if they were completed, mixed and mastered. Even during the "2001" days... internet leakage was in it's infantcy and the leaked tracks were almost always completed. But now, as leakage is becoming easier and easier, more fans are online than at record stores and the expectations are so crazy that every single track to come out with Dre fingerprint on it is expected to be the most amazing classic ever... the Hip Hop industry is in the worst position it's ever been in before. Fans today judge supposed album tracks as standalones which is fine... untill they use their critisism of individual tracks as a basis to think "the whole album will be wack".

It seems the only way for an artist to release an album in it's entirety with only official singles leaking on radio and in clubs... is to have the studio, transportation routes and retail distributers constantly searched, monitered and accompanied by CIA, Marines and personal anti-hackers, lol.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2009, 08:38:38 AM »
Ok, but that track STILL sucks.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2009, 08:41:38 AM »
Ok, but that track STILL sucks.

just die bitch