Author Topic: Dr. Dre Furious Over Leaked Song 'Could Have Been You'  (Read 4111 times)

STREETWISE

Dr. Dre Furious Over Leaked Song 'Could Have Been You'
« on: January 08, 2009, 09:34:37 PM »

Dr. Dre is reportedly upset when knowing that his brand new song "Could Have Been You" was leaked on Wednesday, January 7. Since it hasn't been finalized, his management reached out to websites, which posted the song, and asked them to take it down, according to MTV.

"Could Have Been You" is one of the new tracks which is believed to be appearing in Dr. Dre's upcoming third major studio LP "Detox". While the unfinished version features collaboration between R. Kelly and 50 Cent, its final one will reportedly have Bishop Lamont lending his vocals to the song.

"Could Have Been You" is not the only track hitting the web before it gets an official release date. Previously, 50 Cent's "I Get It in" and Eminem's "Crack a Bottle", which features Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, have also been leaked.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00021064.html

not only is that track wack, but detox material? ha ha i aint waited 10 years for that
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:13:01 PM by Jome »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!

haha i hope, fuckin hope this aint on detox
dre needs to check into re-hab if he plans on puttin this on detox

Dr. Dre is reportedly upset when knowing that his brand new song "Could Have Been You" was leaked on Wednesday, January 7. Since it hasn't been finalized, his management reached out to websites, which posted the song, and asked them to take it down, according to MTV.

"Could Have Been You" is one of the new tracks which is believed to be appearing in Dr. Dre's upcoming third major studio LP "Detox". While the unfinished version features collaboration between R. Kelly and 50 Cent, its final one will reportedly have Bishop Lamont lending his vocals to the song.

"Could Have Been You" is not the only track hitting the web before it gets an official release date. Previously, 50 Cent's "I Get It in" and Eminem's "Crack a Bottle", which features Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, have also been leaked.

not only is that track wack, but detox material? ha ha i aint waited 10 years for that
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i havnt heard this "could have been you" song,... can someone upload it? thanks

G-Funk

^^^^^
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:42:43 PM by Dollaz + $ense »

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thanks.

pretty mediocre beat, lol

jaytee

I don't like judging unfinished songs, but I hope that this wasn't going to end up Detox.  To top it off it has Autotune on it too? 

Matty

it's produced by dj khalil. personally the leak is a good thing if it means it won't be on detox. i mean we don't know how it woulda played within the sequence of the album (allthough i don't see how it woulda fit into any kind of concept album) but the fact is we didn't need to wait 10 years for dre to be putting stuff like this on his album. he woulda dropped one verse on a r&b track produced by somebody else. i'm not the only one who wouldn't want a track like this to appear on detox.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha yeah dres readin these threads
someone makes a thread would you buy detox if dre went wit the kanye west shit, and there you have it

I don't like judging unfinished songs, but I hope that this wasn't going to end up Detox.  To top it off it has Autotune on it too? 
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Al Bundy

is dre really that stupid? if one website has it up for like a minute and gets taken down.. there's going to be the people who grabbed the song and will post it everywhere else. you can't stop the flow of the internet even with your fancy legal team.

penenstamp

I don't believe these songs weren't leaked intentionally by the label. They let people talk about Detox for a reason.

penenstamp

is Dre really that stupid?
if one website has it up for like a minute and gets taken down..
there's going to be the people who grabbed the song and will post it everywhere else. you can't stop the flow of the internet even with your fancy legal team.

there no source (link) on;

so I wouldn't take it too serious until a little more legit source post it  ;)

MTV is the source.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1602322/20090108/dr_dre.jhtml

Matty

the track dissapeared from 2dope after being posted i definitely don't think it was an intentional leak. maybe the person who got hold of it is actually a big dre fan and was like 'wtf i dont want this shit on detox' LEAK.

AnybodyKilla

haha i hope, fuckin hope this aint on detox
dre needs to check into re-hab if he plans on puttin this on detox

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I dont think dre leaked this on purpose
I dont think he wants anything from detox leakin (lets say if this were for detox)
his studio prolly got security 24/7/365 cameras, muffuccaz tryna take dr. dre's master piece?
now hopefully this wasnt part of that master-piece were waitin on "detox" and someone thought or assumed dre wont mind this leakin haha
Cube

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Yeah right. Dre only likes Light Speed on 2001 but he is so upsed about this average song that he didn't even produce himself? Someone needs to bitch slap some sense into him.