Author Topic: Dr. Dre Furious Over Leaked Song 'Could Have Been You'  (Read 4112 times)

~Lucien~

I don't believe these songs weren't leaked intentionally by the label. They let people talk about Detox for a reason.

KURUPTION-81

Re: Dr. Dre Furious Over Leaked Song 'Could Have Been You'
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 06:12:11 AM »
No quote from Dre so who is to say he is furious or not

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Jome

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2009, 06:14:12 AM »
I don't know this "news" sound fishy to me. It's not even a Dre produced record, that Slim Da Mobster on the track and not Bishop, Dre doesn't allow leaks to happen just like that... If you ask me, this is one of the tracks recorded during Detox session, obviously not good enough for it, so they leaked it to create some buzz and it will probably end up on 50's album.

Yep.
It's storm in a glass of water.

There's no way I will believe that this track was meant for Detox, I bet Dre would dismiss it even before considering to lay his own vocals on it..

And I don't think "Crack a bottle" or "I get it in" is what Detox will sound like either, best believe he's saving the good stuff.  :nawty:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 06:25:27 AM »
fact 1;
It's not even a Dre produced record (produced by Khalil)
fact 2;
,that's Slim Da Mobster on the track and not Bishop
=
......this "news" sound fishy to me.

you got a point there  ;)..... lets hope you're right. :P

Lord Finesse produced on 2001.
besides, I'm pretty sure that Dre is fearing a flop; this track may not end up on Detox but is that a relief?

who knows i might be wrong, but it doesn't matter

-the news sounds fishy; because they got their facts wrong.
-But this track is better than those other two (50 and Em) that's "officially" labeled as Dre beats. -is that a relief?  :P  :-\

oh yeah i wasn't saying that the news isn't fishy  ;)

I don't know this "news" sound fishy to me. It's not even a Dre produced record, that Slim Da Mobster on the track and not Bishop, Dre doesn't allow leaks to happen just like that... If you ask me, this is one of the tracks recorded during Detox session, obviously not good enough for it, so they leaked it to create some buzz and it will probably end up on 50's album.

Yep.

There's no way I will believe that this track was meant for Detox, I bet Dre would dismiss it even before considering to lay his own vocals on it..

And I don't think "Crack a bottle" or "I get it in" is what Detox will sound like either, best believe he's saving the good stuff.  :nawty:

yeah he's saving the best stuff, for his vault!  :rant:  :laugh:   ;)
he must have some crazy shit in there  8)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:45:14 AM by Dre-Day »

Suga Foot

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2009, 07:58:49 AM »

Yep.

Agreed.  Look at the stuff Dre did right before 2001: Buck Em, Just Dippin, Bitch Please, and the stuff on MMLP.  It was good, but 2001 was on a different level. 

Even if the song is from Detox, maybe it fits the album perfectly.  Look at a song like "Be Egos", if that had leaked before 2001 came out people would have probably not liked it, but it works on the album. 

I remember hearing "What's the difference" with Hittman, and I didn't like the song, but once it was reworked, it's one of my favorite songs on the album.  And when I first heard "Still DRE", I wasn't blown away either, but that song is a classic now hands down.

Of the 3 new songs leaked, this one is my favorite.  This song is actually about something. 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 08:10:29 AM »

Yep.

Agreed.  Look at the stuff Dre did right before 2001: Buck Em, Just Dippin, Bitch Please, and the stuff on MMLP.  It was good, but 2001 was on a different level. 

Even if the song is from Detox, maybe it fits the album perfectly.  Look at a song like "Be Egos", if that had leaked before 2001 came out people would have probably not liked it, but it works on the album. 

I remember hearing "What's the difference" with Hittman, and I didn't like the song, but once it was reworked, it's one of my favorite songs on the album.  And when I first heard "Still DRE", I wasn't blown away either, but that song is a classic now hands down.

Of the 3 new songs leaked, this one is my favorite.  This song is actually about something. 

i actually don't have a problem with Big Ego's at all, but i understand what you're trying to point out  ;)

Prof@ssor

it's produced by dj khalil. personally the leak is a good thing if it means it won't be on detox. i mean we don't know how it woulda played within the sequence of the album (allthough i don't see how it woulda fit into any kind of concept album) but the fact is we didn't need to wait 10 years for dre to be putting stuff like this on his album. he woulda dropped one verse on a r&b track produced by somebody else. i'm not the only one who wouldn't want a track like this to appear on detox.

kazam

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 09:39:37 AM »
LOL WHO DO YOU TRUST THIS IS FROM DETOX? ITS FROM THE 50 ALBUM THATS WHAT I THINK

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »
i havnt heard not even one classic dre beat in years. i think the last hot dre beats were on 50's debut album.

whats wrong with dre? he aint the best producer. he aint made a hot record in years.
look how long its taking for him to release detox, and so far, the preview tracks that have leaked have been mediocre at best.
there's alot of hot producers out there, but dre has fallen the fukk off.
he needs mel-man, mike elizondo and scott storch to help him make hot beats, coz he cant do it on his own.
even in the death row days, it was daz, warren g, and other less known producers working with dre to make the beats for the chronic, and doggystyle albums  , except back then, the producers that helped him make these beats didnt get any credit for it, and it was seen publicly like it was all done by dre, so they became the ghost producers.

but now, not even co-producers or ghost producers can help him make hot records.

he's washed up. its as simple as that

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 10:27:07 AM »
i havnt heard not even one classic dre beat in years. i think the last hot dre beats were on 50's debut album.

whats wrong with dre? he aint the best producer. he aint made a hot record in years.
look how long its taking for him to release detox, and so far, the preview tracks that have leaked have been mediocre at best.
there's alot of hot producers out there, but dre has fallen the fukk off.
he needs mel-man, mike elizondo and scott storch to help him make hot beats, coz he cant do it on his own.
even in the death row days, it was daz, warren g, and other less known producers working with dre to make the beats for the chronic, and doggystyle albums  , except back then, the producers that helped him make these beats didnt get any credit for it, and it was seen publicly like it was all done by dre, so they became the ghost producers.

but now, not even co-producers or ghost producers can help him make hot records.

he's washed up. its as simple as that

without Mel Man, Dre is wack as soulja boy
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

A.K.T.

• Lil Geezy
  • myspace.com/aktoftheartists
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 11:07:49 AM »
Think again there were some crazy shit which dropped in '06 produced by Dr. Dre : Imagine, No Stoppin' Carson, Murder Dem Murderers, couples songs of Busta's Big Bang Album, Trouble, Minority Report and a lot more..

Dre is keeping the best for his album, I think he doesn't care 'bout 50 like he used to do back in '02, '03.
Plus Quik seemed to be sincere in his video when he said Dre's beats were of the hook, he talked about 400 songs right ?
I Think Could' ve Been You is just a leftover, it's not even a brand new track to me.
And remember tracks on The Documentary 4 years ago, this projects was fire, so now it's '09 and according to his entourage he's too perfectionist, think about what he can drop after all these years in the studio buffing his stuff, he ain't that stupid.

STREETWISE

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2009, 11:12:51 AM »
Think again there were some crazy shit which dropped in '06 produced by Dr. Dre : Imagine, No Stoppin' Carson, Murder Dem Murderers, couples songs of Busta's Big Bang Album, Trouble, Minority Report and a lot more..

Dre is keeping the best for his album, I think he doesn't care 'bout 50 like he used to do back in '02, '03.
Plus Quik seemed to be sincere in his video when he said Dre's beats were of the hook, he talked about 400 songs right ?
I Think Could' ve Been You is just a leftover, it's not even a brand new track to me.
And remember tracks on The Documentary 4 years ago, this projects was fire, so now it's '09 and according to his entourage he's too perfectionist, think about what he can drop after all these years in the studio buffing his stuff, he ain't that stupid.

all the songs on jayz album were wack except for 30 somthing, but all these were produced years ago, all the new recent stuff is nothing more then average

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2009, 11:23:20 AM »
Dre should put it out already
Bullets aint got no names

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 11:46:31 AM »
yea, that song better not be a representation of what detox has to offer.

even though he has big name artists on the song, what the fuck are they really talking about...50 comes with his usual lazy as delivery(its been like this ever since GRODT) and kellys talkin about smellin his own shit.  the beat is far from what i thought dre would have been cookin.  hopefully like somebody said, this track was leaked solely for the purpose of talking about detox, whether it being good or bad.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

BigEEE

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »
If Dre didnt leak the track, for sure Interscope did. They wanted to read the feedback and since it wasn't good they pulled it out.