Author Topic: it's time for a new Bishop Lamont street album! fuck the petty 'beef'  (Read 1690 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: it's time for a new Bishop Lamont street album! fuck the petty 'beef'
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 01:58:29 PM »
haha doub it

yeah it's crazy that he used (some of) his album budget for the street albums  :)
Even if he used all of his album budget he would propably get some good beats...or does Dre & Em actually make Aftermath artists pay for their beats?  :laugh:
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ThisIsTheWestCoast.com

• 'G'
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »
bishop needs to get back to dropping music period.
his latest actions surprise me though.  if he was REALLY signed to aftermath i think dre and his management team wouldnt have let him make an ass out of himself so much.  its bad marketing.

check this out . . .

http://get-a-bar.blogspot.com <---- a west coast based blog.
put it best when they wrote this concerning bishop lamonts latest vid:

I mean c'mon my nigg?? This is crazy... as grown-men this is what you niggaz have to talk about? I cant stand by this no more.

And what are you talkin about "He didnt want to take his shirt off because is chest was hairy??? Thats low-key homo talk my nigga. Pause on all that fruity-loop talk my dude, for real its not a good look. Why u speaking on a man's hairy chest? Or how you offered to hold his waist to help him do pull ups? Are you a trainer or gymnist or something??? Hmmmmm.... I'll leave that question alone.

But this is what happens when consumers follow rappers that dont live a real life. You get these felonious, fake, corny, make believe beefs. This nigga even thought runnin' up on DJ Strong gave him brownie points... Negative.

While you guys are fighting over who gave who a book... its obvious neither one of y'all traded Kasif's "Everything You Need To Know About The Music Business" with each other judging by these bogus deals y'all signed.

I guess I'll see "X.O."'s or "The Lost Angel" or "Scipio" or "Side-line"'s comment within the next day or so. This nigga got more stage names than a stripper... lol

Dont even get me started on you niggaz, please dont....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 02:59:42 PM »
aite but lyrically
bishop or x.o.???
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 05:24:50 PM »
I can't stand tech9 4 shit but I like his hustle, shit he puts out music
Bullets aint got no names

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »

nah homie dont get it twisted
hes one of my favorite and his huslte is unlike any other (in the indie market IMO)
BUT THATS TWO DIFFERENT ISSUES!
you dont have to like a certain rappers muzik, but you gotta recognize their hustle if their puttin in work.
thats what sets TECH N9NE apart from CROOKED
crooked can state that he hustles, but what the fuck is he doin?
ISNT A RAPPERS JOB, TO PUT OUT ALBUMS?
AT LEAST 1?????
BUT NAH NOWADAYS ALOTTA RAPPERS CONSIDER TOURIN, INTERVIEWS, SHOWS, AND SHIT AS WHERE IT STOPS!!

Cube

Jaydc555

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2009, 06:00:10 PM »
Atmosphere tech n9ne and cormega are the three greatest independent hip hop artists in my opinion.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »
yeah overall I wouldnt put cormega in that list

Atmosphere tech n9ne and cormega are the three greatest independent hip hop artists in my opinion.
Cube

Jaydc555

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2009, 06:10:52 PM »
Why not?dude released two classic albums that sold over 200 000 total with no radio or video play.then he bought his album from def jam that had been shelved and that shit was timeless music.how many artists have been blackballed and shelved and come back to do that?that's the definition of hustle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2009, 06:12:51 PM »
nah I was jus thinkin theres more out there, on a tech n9ne typa hustle
but fuck it if hes doin what he wants and and not what the industry wants him to do then go get it!
didnt know he sold that much, thats waz up

Why not?dude released two classic albums that sold over 200 000 total with no radio or video play.then he bought his album from def jam that had been shelved and that shit was timeless music.how many artists have been blackballed and shelved and come back to do that?that's the definition of hustle
Cube

ThisIsTheWestCoast.com

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2009, 06:19:57 PM »

nah homie dont get it twisted
hes one of my favorite and his huslte is unlike any other (in the indie market IMO)
BUT THATS TWO DIFFERENT ISSUES!
you dont have to like a certain rappers muzik, but you gotta recognize their hustle if their puttin in work.
thats what sets TECH N9NE apart from CROOKED
crooked can state that he hustles, but what the fuck is he doin?
ISNT A RAPPERS JOB, TO PUT OUT ALBUMS?
AT LEAST 1?????
BUT NAH NOWADAYS ALOTTA RAPPERS CONSIDER TOURIN, INTERVIEWS, SHOWS, AND SHIT AS WHERE IT STOPS!!

CHUUUUUUUCH
NUF SAID

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »
IMO they tryna to say that they dope and sendin a message to hard headed cats like snoop who dont want noone to rise above em

cause all i hear bishop talk about is this elementary school beef shit  :P why is he wasting his time with this?
in the beginning it was funny but it's getting out of hand; bishop, the game, X.O. and the Stans from all sides are acting like a bunch of little kids.
the negativity needs to stop; let's get back to more positive things, such as music!

Fuck that corny beef  :-X
He should scrap that "No Country For Old Men" project as well  >:(.... no need for that  >:(

lol why? there's only a title and you've already made up your mind?  :laugh:

From what I can make out of what they said about the project in their recent interviews,is that it's a "fuck the old west project".... (correct me if I'm wrong  ;))
do we really need that?

well as long as it's constructive i don't mind  :)
besides, what if you don't agree with the messages? that doesn't necessarily make the music worse, right?

I don't see nothing constructive about the "new VS old west" beef  >:(
Yes,both Crooked and Bishop can produce dope music,so sure the music will probably be dope... but the message  >:( >:( >:( >:( :-[ :-[ :-\

Cube

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2009, 12:59:25 AM »

cause all i hear bishop talk about is this elementary school beef shit  :P why is he wasting his time with this?
in the beginning it was funny but it's getting out of hand; bishop, the game, X.O. and the Stans from all sides are acting like a bunch of little kids.
the negativity needs to stop; let's get back to more positive things, such as music!

He should scrap that "No Country For Old Men" project as well  >:(.... no need for that  >:(

From what I can make out of what they said about the project in their recent interviews,is that it's a "fuck the old west project".... (correct me if I'm wrong  ;))
do we really need that?

besides, what if you don't agree with the messages? that doesn't necessarily make the music worse, right?

Yes,both Crooked and Bishop can produce dope music,so sure the music will probably be dope... but the message  >:( >:( >:( >:( :-[ :-[ :-\

lol, you're just assuming  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2009, 01:32:52 AM »

do we really need that?

true.... but prove me wrong  ;)

we'll see, i just think that it's very possible that the controversy was caused on purpose  ;)
it could be harmless

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2009, 01:48:25 AM »

do we really need that?

true.... but prove me wrong  ;)

we'll see, i just think that it's very possible that the controversy was caused on purpose  ;)
it could be harmless

what about Tim Dog back in early 90´s?  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

true, that was straight attention whoring.

i'm not knocking you for being bothered by the messages that you predict that will be spread with the new project,
i mean, there shouldn't be any beef.

i don't endorse the comments bishop made about Ice Cube either; that was pure bias.

but Snoop is a different story.
besides, who says that it will be missile testing all over again?
didn't bishop regret the negativity? he said that the song wasn't a diss to Snoop (it probably was though)

Chad Vader

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »
Bishop Lamont disses Snoop Dogg & Ice Cube
http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=326

Bishop Lamont is about to release an album entitled ‘No Country for Old Men’ in a collaboration with Crooked I and Glasses Malone.
The album will be a diss towards Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube who, from their perspective, do not endorse or support new west coast rappers.
They intend to release the album independently.

“It’s about the record straight on all the politics and hating that goes on over here and in the industry, period.
It’s gonna set the new level of where music is supposed to go across the board.” Bishop Lamont explains.
He claims Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg don’t support new west coast artists and goes as far as calling them ‘haters’.
“Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg be hating on us, Phony sh*t that goes on with these n*gg*s that’s supposed to be legends.
They got egos. I grew up with [Snoop] and love dude, but music and money changes everything. We’re going in.”

He does recall to liking Snoop Dogg in the early days, but remarks he didn’t receive anything back.
“We love you n*gg*s, but you n*ggas ain’t got the same love for us. What we supposed to do?
We helped you n*ggas go gold, go platinum, go worldwide. We were the ones buying them records. We were the ones going to them shows, believing you.” Bishop says.

Despite receiving support and respect from other MC’s such as
Battlecat, Warren G, Kurupt, Daz and others, Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube were the only ones not supporting the new west coast. “Why doesn’t Snoop support us? Why doesn’t Ice Cube support us? Cypress Hill supports us. Why does Dre stay relevant and he’s been here for 22 years? He stays involved with new n*ggas.
He extends the legacy. You got Xzibit, all these n*ggas riding with us and you wanna hate?” Bishop added.

When the album will be released is to be announced.
Bishop Lamonts expects to release his first Aftermath studio album ‘the Reformation’ after Dr. Dre’s ‘Detox’ release this year.