Author Topic: Revisited Ice Cube's discography  (Read 5455 times)

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
Re: Revisited Ice Cube's discography
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 08:28:19 AM »
dope album...to this day 'when will they shoot' is my fave cube track..
cube with the bomb squad, dre and muggs was classic but the boogiemen laced him best imho.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 02:16:13 AM »

Just went trough the Peace disc....
..and I only liked two tracks  :o (Hello and Record Company Pimpin')

that's funny, cause i feel the same way  :laugh: ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 02:35:40 AM »

;)
Anyway,how you like that Yomo and Maulkie album?

haven't checked it yet  ;)
i'll get it now

Suga Foot

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 10:28:14 AM »
I'm listening to "Death Certificate" right now.  It's been probably 5 years since I've really listened to it.  I'm gonna have to listen to it in full.  I can't skip tracks on this one.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 11:35:15 AM »
Ice Cube my favorite rapper yall niggaz cant tell me nothing

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 11:39:31 AM »
Ice Cubes discography >>> any other rappers EVER  8)

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 11:49:58 AM »
Ice Cubes discography >>> any other rappers EVER  8)

Pretty much 8) 

Nas' & Pacs (only original albums though) are up there too.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 07:14:56 PM »
Was bumping Death Certificate so much I forgot I had this thread going  ;D

Man I always go back and forth what album I think is his best, this one or Amerikkas Most. This album though listen back to it is very well balanced. Social commentary, party tracks, gangsta tracks, it covers a wide range of subject matter. Just a classic album in every sense of the word.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »

Man I always go back and forth what album I think is his best, this one or Amerikkas Most.
This album though listen back to it is very well balanced. Social commentary, party tracks, gangster tracks, it covers a wide range of subject matter. Just a classic album in every sense of the word.

There's no contest... Death Certificate is his best album. Classic....
I don't really like Amerikkkas Most.  :P (But yes Dre-Day.. I will give it another chance  ;))

I remember when Death Certificate dropped,I was actually ready to hate on it :laugh:
I was sure Cube couldn't produce a dope album without Dre.... but boy was I wrong.  :P :laugh:

Yeah the production was dope from track to track, Cube's flow was great, something now from time to time he struggles with I notice. Not that problem on this one, and it is Cube at his best with the social commentary. Predator was up there too with it but this album he was at his best.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »

Man I always go back and forth what album I think is his best, this one or Amerikkas Most.
This album though listen back to it is very well balanced. Social commentary, party tracks, gangster tracks, it covers a wide range of subject matter. Just a classic album in every sense of the word.

I don't really like Amerikkkas Most.  :P (But yes Dre-Day.. I will give it another chance  ;))

I remember when Death Certificate dropped,I was actually ready to hate on it :laugh:
I was sure Cube couldn't produce a dope album without Dre.... but boy was I wrong.  :P :laugh:

Yeah the production was dope from track to track, Cube's flow was great, something now from time to time he struggles with I notice. Not that problem on this one, and it is Cube at his best with the social commentary. Predator was up there too with it but this album he was at his best.

What bothers me with Cube's flow is that he at times jump on the current trend,like on Predator he's clearly influenced by Das-FX´s flow.... a flow and style I hate  :P :laugh:.
His "club" flow is mad wak too  :-X :P
Predator is on rotation.... my final verdict on it will come a little later  ;)

I loved We Be Clubbin when it dropped, might throw Players Club into this thread too, that is a slept on soundtrack. But yeah I agree with you on that. To his defense, he would always have some out of left field collabos like Check Yo Self or the Pushin Weight remix with Noreaga or We Be Clubbin with DMX. I for the most part always enjoyed those collabos.

Chad Vader

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 09:23:47 PM »

What bothers me with Cube's flow is that he at times jump on the current trend,like on Predator he's clearly influenced by Das-FX´s flow.... a flow and style I hate  :P :laugh:.
His "club" flow is mad wak too  :-X :P
Predator is on rotation.... my final verdict on it will come a little later  ;)

I loved We Be Clubbin when it dropped, might throw Players Club into this thread too, that is a slept on soundtrack. But yeah I agree with you on that. To his defense, he would always have some out of left field collabos like Check Yo Self or the Pushin Weight remix with Noreaga or We Be Clubbin with DMX. I for the most part always enjoyed those collabos.

I hate those,but he has done enough hardcore jams to composate for the cheesy ones... so I ain't mad at him  ;) :laugh:

Al Bundy

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 09:33:24 PM »
didn't read the thread so sorry if I sound redundant... but I think Cube/Muggs made some bomb music on the Predator and wish they didn't fall out with the whole Cypress Hill beef.

and Cube IMHO has 4 classics

Amerikkkaz Most Wanted
Ill At Will
The Predator
Lethal Injection

Chad Vader

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 09:44:03 PM »
Ice Cube Reviews
309 Ice Cube; Peace review in The Source May 2000

XXXXX
Ice Cube; Death Certificate review Hip Hop Connection December 1991 NO.35

XXXXX
Ice Cube; Amerikkkas most wanted review in Hip Hop Connection,August 1990. Issue 19. Ice Cube cover

XXXXX
Ice Cube; Lethal injection review Hip Hop Connection December 1993 NO.58

XXXXX
Ice Cube review in The Source February 1995 NO.65.

XXXXX
211 Ice Cube; WAR review in The Source December 1998 NO.111

XXXXX
321 Ice Cube; War review in Blaze December 1999

XXXXX

Ice Cube; Death Certificate review in The Source

The ultimate N.W.A family interview thread *magazine scans,reviews etc.*
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:46:19 PM by Chad Vader »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 09:56:58 PM »
I will probably bump the Peace disc next. Not one of my fav Cube albums just from the simple fact that it seems thrown together and he did not follow the original format of content and subject matter that he said he would previously for the album. Still a good party record here and there.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 10:12:34 PM »
I will probably bump the Peace disc next. Not one of my fav Cube albums just from the simple fact that it seems thrown together and he did not follow the original format of content and subject matter that he said he would previously for the album. Still a good party record here and there.

:P ;)

Well first he dropped the War disc in 98. (That is one of my favorite Cube albums) Then Peace did not come till 2000, 2001. He was supposed to drop them both in the same year a la DMX at the time so when Peace came out it seemed rushed. And it just seemed like it was We Be Clubbin the album at times. Like I said it had some dope production and has a couple really stand outs tracks, just is not one of my favs from him.