Author Topic: Revisited Ice Cube's discography  (Read 5510 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: Revisited Ice Cube's discography
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2009, 11:31:33 AM »
The Peace Disc had some real bangers on there like Hello. Until We Rich, 24 Mo Hours, Record Company Pimpin', Nigga of the Century and The Gutter Shit.  Unfortunately, it also had some sub-par or just awful joints like Can You Bounce? (WTF was Cube thinking?), You Can Do It, and Gotta Be Insanity.

This is by far his least consistent album in his catalog.  I also believe it sold less than any of his other albums put out through Priority. 

Yeah even with all that it sold around 900k which is not too bad but he would have easily went plat if it was more consistent.

yeah it makes sense why this opinion is shared by a couple of "us".

one thing doesn't add up to me though, Laconic.
i mean it makes sense that D~Nice, Chad and i like Hello, but how can you not enjoy a concrete criminals project but like that track at the same time?
perhaps i'm looking too deep into this, but i can imagine that you would prefer Straight Outta Compton over Niggaz4life for example  ;)

They haven't even released a project yet, correct?  So how can you say that I don't enjoy a Concrete Criminals project if I haven't heard it.  All I said was I don't wanna hear gangsta shit for an hour straight.  If I did I would listen to Spice 1 or Ice T or South Central Cartel from back in the 90's.

And yes I would prefer to hear SOC over N4L simply because Cube is on one project and not the other.

Chad Vader

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2009, 11:10:25 PM »

i mean it makes sense that D~Nice, Chad and i like Hello,
but how can you not enjoy a concrete criminals project but like that track at the same time?
perhaps I'm looking too deep into this,
but i can imagine that you would prefer Straight Outta Compton over Niggaz4life for example  ;)

They haven't even released a project yet, correct?
So how can you say that I don't enjoy a Concrete Criminals project if I haven't heard it.

You pretty much know RBXīs style right?  :P ;)

All I said was I don't wanna hear gangster shit for an hour straight.
If I did I would listen to Spice 1 or Ice T or South Central Cartel from back in the 90's.

That argument right there is as ignorant as saying;
-If I want to listen to alternative rap;
I would dust of my old De La soul,Jungle Brothers or Tribe albums from late 80īs - early 90īs  :P
or
If I want to listen to Hip Hop;
-I would Bump some BDP,Run DMC and Ultramagnetic from mid-late 80īs .  :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:16:59 PM by Chad Vader »

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2009, 09:39:21 AM »
The Peace Disc had some real bangers on there like Hello. Until We Rich, 24 Mo Hours, Record Company Pimpin', Nigga of the Century and The Gutter Shit.  Unfortunately, it also had some sub-par or just awful joints like Can You Bounce? (WTF was Cube thinking?), You Can Do It, and Gotta Be Insanity.

This is by far his least consistent album in his catalog.  I also believe it sold less than any of his other albums put out through Priority. 

Yeah even with all that it sold around 900k which is not too bad but he would have easily went plat if it was more consistent.

yeah it makes sense why this opinion is shared by a couple of "us".

i mean it makes sense that D~Nice, Chad and i like Hello, but how can you not enjoy a concrete criminals project but like that track at the same time?
perhaps i'm looking too deep into this, but i can imagine that you would prefer Straight Outta Compton over Niggaz4life for example  ;)

They haven't even released a project yet, correct?  So how can you say that I don't enjoy a Concrete Criminals project if I haven't heard it.  All I said was I don't wanna hear gangsta shit for an hour straight.  If I did I would listen to Spice 1 or Ice T or South Central Cartel from back in the 90's.

And yes I would prefer to hear SOC over N4L simply because Cube is on one project and not the other.

true, but from the looks of it, it's mainly going to be full of stuff that you rather not want to hear ( yes i've read the interview with the concrete criminals)  ;)
as a matter of fact, you didn't even listen to the whole track; you stopped listening to that new concrete criminals track  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that's bias right there  :nawty:  ;D  ;) ( if you paid more attention, you would have known that it was a tribute track; lyrics of old songs were re-used)

so what's your beef with "gangster" music?

I started this gangsta shit
And this the motherfuckin' thanks I get?

you like Hello, so did the beat make up for the gangster twist?  :D

Oh wait so you KNOW that I didn't listen to the whole track  :nawty:.  WTF are smoking?  :stop: I did listen to it and I enjoyed the production more so than the lyrics.  As I stated in the PM, to me it's not a record worth holding onto.  Bottom line.  But thanks for trying to tell me what I did or didn't hear  :-*

Also, I don't have any beef with gangsta rap per se but it does get very repetitive, redundant and homogenized.  To me the best gangsta rap came out back in the day.  That's it , that's all.  My "beef" is with the artists who can't or refuse to grow up as they age.

@CHAD: Yes I know RBX's style but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy certain songs of his but there is a very good chance I will not be purchasing this upcoming record.  I'd rather buy a book or a documentary or another artist's music that is actually worth supporting.

Moreover, there was nothing ignorant with what I said.  You may want to choose your words more carefully to describe the scenario.  It's called MY OPINION.  Gangsta rap has devolved IMO.  Conversely, alternative/underground hip hop has not. 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »

edit: argument cleared up ;)
anyway, back to Hello;
so this is one of those tracks that you enjoy listening to, without getting the feeling that it's repetitive?

by way, speaking of support, did you buy Ice Cube's LNCL even though you were disappointed with it (just wondering?)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:34:43 PM by Dre-Day »

Chad Vader

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »

Speaking of tribute tracks and NWAīs; Hello....
Slip Capone,KnocīTurnal and ?; Hello (we started this gangster shit)

Moreover, there was nothing ignorant with what I said.  You may want to choose your words more carefully to describe the scenario.
It's called MY OPINION.  Gangster rap has devolved IMO.  Conversely, alternative/underground hip hop has not. 

I respect your opinion but I still think your statement is ignorant.
OK,I'll turn your words around;  ;)
for me alternative rap is on some corny ass suburban hippie shit.
That shit has not moved on a bit either,what's new about their pseudo intellectual hippie shit that hasn't been said a million times before?
^^^^ see the irony now? ^^^^ ;) :laugh:

The beef between alternative rap and gangster rap has been there since day one.... and between it's fans  :P :laugh:
So nothing new there either  :P :laugh:

When it really comes down to it;
It's not what you say... It's how you say it

And;
What's so underground about alternative rap?
Plenty of alternative rappers had success,for ex; De La Soul,Tribe,Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West.  ;)
It's all the same..... you find underground and crossover artists in both generes.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:31:14 AM by Chad Vader »

Chad Vader

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2009, 01:29:58 AM »
Ice Cube; War & Peace (The War Disc)1998 Priority Records

1. Ask About Me -
Produced by T-Mix
*background vocals by Mr. Short Khop*

2/5

2. Pushin Weight (featuring Mr. Short Khop) -
Produced by N.O. Joe

2/5

3. Dr. Frankenstein -
Produced by N.O. Joe
Co-Produced by Ice Cube
*additional vocals by Barbara Wilson & Tracy Nelson*

4/5 Love the intro on this track,NO Joe provided some heat for Cube on this joint.

4. Fuck Dyin (featuring Korn) -
Produced by Bud'da
Co-Produced by Ice Cube
*additional vocals by Jonathan Hyde*

2.5/5

5. War & Peace  -
Produced by Bud'da
Co-Produced by Ice Cube
*contains an interpolation of "Dont Speak"*

4.5/5 Tight

6. Ghetto Vet -
Produced by Bud'da
Co-Produced by Ice Cube
*additional vocals by Mack 10 & Mr. Short Khop*

5/5 showcases Cube's talent as one of the best song writers in Hip Hop. Story telling rap at it's best,one Cube's best ever.
The beat is off the meat rack too.  :o

7. Greed -
Produced by Bud'da
Co-Produced by Ice Cube
*additional vocals by Barbara Wilson & Tracy Nelson*

2/5

8. MP -
Lyrics by Master P

skit,no rating

9. Cash Over Ass -
Produced by Binky
Co-Produced by Ice Cube
*background vocals by Barbara Wilson & Tracy Nelson*

3/5 average track

10. The Curse Of Money (featuring Mack 10) -
Produced by N.O. Joe
Co-Produced by Ice Cube
*background vocals by Sleep*

2/5

11. The Peckin' Order -
Produced by Ice Cube
Co-Produced by T. Walker & M. Demby
*background vocals by Mack 10*

5/5 Love the guitar and beat,the lyrics is tight as fuck too.

12. Limos, Demos & Bimbos (featuring Mr. Short Khop) -
Produced by Ice Cube
Co-Produced by Dutch
*contains a sample from "Behind My Camel"*

1.5/5  :P fuck the hook

13. Once Upon A Time In The Projects 2 -
Produced by QDIII & Rick Rock
*background vocals by Big Kebo & Moe*

3.5/5

14. If I Was Fuckin' You (featuring Mr. Short Khop & K-Mac) -
Produced by Dutch
Co-Produced by Binky
*background vocals by Fazon "Big Worm" Love*

3/5

15. X-Bitches -
Produced by Ice Cube & N.O. Joe

2/5

16. Extradition -
Produced by Bud'da
Co-Produced by Ice Cube

3.5/5

17. 3 Strikes You In -
Produced by Ice Cube & N.O. Joe

2/5

18. Penitentiary -
Produced by E-A-Ski
Co-Produced by Ice Cube

2/5

Overall rating;
Some really strong joints on this,in my opinion,some of his best ever  :o..... (The Peckin' Order and Ghetto Vet)
But there's a whole lot of joints that I don't feel so that drags down the overall rating;  :-\ :P
3.5/5

famozni

• 'G'
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2009, 02:16:15 AM »
wicked , great song, didnt know there is a video for it

Chad Vader

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2009, 02:58:15 AM »

Ice Cube - Wicked
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXzccr8eGag&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xXzccr8eGag&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Dope video.....
speaking of Wicked,there was a lot of Drama around this track.
First of; According to the Producer team Torcha Chamba,Cube didnīt pay em.
Second; King Sun claims Cube stole the concept for the track.

Will find scan some King Sun,Torcha Chamba,Cube interviews where they speak on this later.
In meanwhile I googled it,and found this litle piece;

http://www1.epinions.com/content_4989100164/show_~allcom/pp_~1/sort_~date/sort_dir_~asc/sec_~comment_list
Dayo a.k.a. the Balogun Apr 01 '07 7:04 am PDT

Just some comments and Thoughts... (Reply to this comment) by oh_gee

I very much enjoyed your review of this overlooked beef. Why this feud is always forgotten is beyond me. I couldn't believe my ears when I first heard "No Rest For The Wicked." That someone, Cypress Hill in this case, had the b*lls to go after Ice Cube directly like that. Even the mighty N.W.A couldn't do it. All Dre, Ren and Eazy did was dedicate an INTERLUDE (not even a full song) to dissing Cube ("Message to B.A.") and then would only refer to Cube as the "one who left," but not by his actual name.

Comment;
He needs to listen 100 Miles and Real Niggaz....  :P

"No Rest For The Wicked" was a very bold, risky and gutsy move, especially knowing what Cube could be capable of and that he basically slaughtered the entire N.W.A camp with "No Vaseline."

Cypress knew there would be retaliation on Cube's part, but c'mon, "King Of The Hill"?? At best, "King Of The Hill" is a decent example of comedy rap, and a totally inappropriate and weak response to "No Rest For The Wicked."

I'd like to clarify some of the lyrics to the song "No Rest," if I may...
The line as you have it written: "Your homie came knocking', he had to chain my suit" is in actuality: "Your homie KAM left ya, The Chamba sued ya." This line is in reference to the problems that Cube was having with his former protege KAM and the Torcha Chamba, a producer who worked on Cube's "The Predator" album.

Comment;
Not a producer,itīs a team... DJ Train and .... canīt remember (will get to this later).  :P
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Torcha+Chamba

In other matters:

- King Sun claimed that Cube stole his idea for the "Wicked" concept.
- DJ Muggs claimed he wasn't properly compensated for the 4 tracks he produced on "The Predator."
- Kam eventually dissed Cube with "Whoop! Whoop!" produced by DJ POOH, who in turn ALSO had beef with Cube because Pooh helped write the movie "Friday" and he felt that Cube took all of the credit (and money) for creating the original story/characters and then used these ideas in the sequels without him.
- The line in No Rest For The Wicked: "Caution, when you enter the zone" I believe is in reference to Kausion, a rap group produced and endorsed by Cube that had an album out that featured B Real on it, circa 1995.
- The whole afro issue... It is rather striking that both B Real and Cube sported the afro at around the same time, AND that they both suddenly had shaved heads at around the same time, too. That's what B Real was talking about when he said "Took a look at The Real One, afro gone, the next morning you didn't have yours on." That line makes more sense now.

But what I find totally non-sensical is that Cube, Mack and W.C. called themselves "westside connection," to prove that the westside was indeed connected, at the height of the east coast/west coast feud, yet they dissed Cypress Hill (a west coast group) and they also dissed Common on another song (a rapper from Chicago, not the east coast). So you had two west coast super powers going at it while the east coast is feuding with the west coast. How can you be "connected" when there's feuding going on on your own side?
And if Westside only refers to the Westside of California, then why are the Westside Connection taking on New York? I guess it's westside connection against the entire nation: East Coast, Mid-West, West Coast, Eastside.

Furthermore, as you've pointed out, rapper W.C. didn't even join Cube and Mack 10 as they dissed Cypress. And the westside is supposed to be "connected"??? Not even the group itself is connected!

Cube's line: "I don't know one rapper down wit your click" Is that so??? Ever heard of W.C.??? The OTHER GUY IN YOUR OWN GROUP??? He's down with the Hill! He didn't want to diss Cypress.

And if, according to Mack, Sen Dog is so wack he ain't worth dissing, then why was Ice Cube in the "How I Could Just Kill A Man" video lip-synching Sen Dog's portion of the chorus? And if he's not worthy of being dissed, then why did Cube take time to diss him? Doesn't seem like Cube and Mack were "connected" either.

"King Of The Hill" may work for some because it is very silly, and even I found one or two lines funny upon first listen. But hearing someone rhyming Ping-Ping with King Kong and Cheech & Chong gets annoying very quickly.

"No Rest For The Wicked," on the other hand, is the stuff nightmares are made of. The beat, the lyrics, the mood. B-Real sounds possessed as he delivers these rhymes. It's simply brutal, unrelenting and scary. It's so vicious that I can picture Cube breaking into a cold sweat and having an anxiety attack upon listening to it.
What makes "No Rest" even more frightening are the references to facts: the Kam situation, the Lench Mob situation, the King Sun situation, Cube going to school in the "valley," the afro/shaved head situation, the "pipe on the cover" situation.

Of course, bringing up FACTS are not, umm, pre-requisites to making a diss track. But if you're responding to a diss track that DID bring up many facts, you might want to step your game up and make reference to at least as many facts as your foe did.

Just my thoughts.

Also, you made some valid and hilarious observations in your essay:

"Umm, first off, Mackie, B-Real never dissed you in his song. And second of all, if these are the wack lines expected from you, and considering that B-Real did one heck of a job with "No Rest for the Wicked", best believe he will have "enough hear" to diss you back! (HAHAHA!!!!)

"telling his rivals to go listen to his classic 1991 diss "No Vaseline" stinks of irony; perhaps he should have listened to that song a couple of times for inspiration before he wrote this tripe." HAHAHAH very clever.

Anyways, many thanks for bringing this topic to light. It was very well-written and eloquent.

oh_gee

Comment;
All that Cube VS Cypress shit is for you D-Nice....  ;)
Iīm sure you know way more than me about that beef  ;)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2009, 06:10:47 AM »
Damn, only 2/5 for Greed... Extradition is also atleast 4/5 for me. I still can't realize how you can put Raw Footage over AMW and equal to Predator....

Chad Vader

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2009, 06:22:32 AM »
^^^^Just for the sake of this thread a repost my Raw Footage review again; ^^^^^
I hate;
2. got my locs on ft. jeezy -  :-X
5. hood mentality -  :-X
8. jack in the box -  :-X
9. do ya thang -  :-X
11. here he come -  :-X
13. get use 2 it -  :-X

I love;
3. it takes a nation Dope 4 out of 5
4. g-rap made me do it - Instant CLASSIC! 5 out of 5
6. why me - Cool. 3.5 out of 5
7. cold places - Nice. 3.5 out of 5
10. thank god  Dope. 4 out of 5
12. get money, spend money, no money - Tight dark piano beat. 4.5 out of 5
14. tomorrow - Love the hook... 4 out of 5
15. stand tall - Cool. 3.5 out 5
16. take me away - grower... 3.5 out of 5

Overall conclusion;
When trimming it down to the 9 tracks I like,it sounds pretty tight.
But sadly there's 6 tracks that my ear can't stand  :-\ :P
So my overall rating ends at;
3 out of 5

So far I got;

-Amerikkkas Most Wanted; 3/5
-Kill At Will; 3/5
-Death Certificate; 5/5
-Predator; 3.5/5
-Lethal Injection; 4/5
-The War Disc; 3.5/5
-The Peace Disc; 1.5/5
-Raw Footage; 3/5
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:34:22 AM by Chad Vader »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2009, 02:45:43 AM »
you didn't like Fuck Dying?  :o
i thought Penitentiary was good too

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2009, 06:39:47 AM »
the torcha chamba had stan the guitar man, koze, stone and tootie.
i heard they are making a comeback....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:47:05 AM by s.a.k.10 »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2009, 11:07:24 AM »

You know I'm a picky fuck. Everything below average got to go  :P ;) :laugh:

Penitentiary was dope, Extradition is a slept on track as well. I would go as far as saying that is my favorite Cube album. One of his best beat wise. Now I don't think it is his best work but man I love that album start to finish.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2009, 11:21:19 AM »

Ice Cube - Wicked
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXzccr8eGag&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xXzccr8eGag&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Dope video.....
speaking of Wicked,there was a lot of Drama around this track.
First of; According to the Producer team Torcha Chamba,Cube didnīt pay em.
Second; King Sun claims Cube stole the concept for the track.

Will find scan some King Sun,Torcha Chamba,Cube interviews where they speak on this later.
In meanwhile I googled it,and found this litle piece;

http://www1.epinions.com/content_4989100164/show_~allcom/pp_~1/sort_~date/sort_dir_~asc/sec_~comment_list
Dayo a.k.a. the Balogun Apr 01 '07 7:04 am PDT

Just some comments and Thoughts... (Reply to this comment) by oh_gee

I very much enjoyed your review of this overlooked beef. Why this feud is always forgotten is beyond me. I couldn't believe my ears when I first heard "No Rest For The Wicked." That someone, Cypress Hill in this case, had the b*lls to go after Ice Cube directly like that. Even the mighty N.W.A couldn't do it. All Dre, Ren and Eazy did was dedicate an INTERLUDE (not even a full song) to dissing Cube ("Message to B.A.") and then would only refer to Cube as the "one who left," but not by his actual name.

Comment;
He needs to listen 100 Miles and Real Niggaz....  :P

"No Rest For The Wicked" was a very bold, risky and gutsy move, especially knowing what Cube could be capable of and that he basically slaughtered the entire N.W.A camp with "No Vaseline."

Cypress knew there would be retaliation on Cube's part, but c'mon, "King Of The Hill"?? At best, "King Of The Hill" is a decent example of comedy rap, and a totally inappropriate and weak response to "No Rest For The Wicked."

I'd like to clarify some of the lyrics to the song "No Rest," if I may...
The line as you have it written: "Your homie came knocking', he had to chain my suit" is in actuality: "Your homie KAM left ya, The Chamba sued ya." This line is in reference to the problems that Cube was having with his former protege KAM and the Torcha Chamba, a producer who worked on Cube's "The Predator" album.

Comment;
Not a producer,itīs a team... DJ Train and .... canīt remember (will get to this later).  :P
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Torcha+Chamba

In other matters:

- King Sun claimed that Cube stole his idea for the "Wicked" concept.
- DJ Muggs claimed he wasn't properly compensated for the 4 tracks he produced on "The Predator."
- Kam eventually dissed Cube with "Whoop! Whoop!" produced by DJ POOH, who in turn ALSO had beef with Cube because Pooh helped write the movie "Friday" and he felt that Cube took all of the credit (and money) for creating the original story/characters and then used these ideas in the sequels without him.
- The line in No Rest For The Wicked: "Caution, when you enter the zone" I believe is in reference to Kausion, a rap group produced and endorsed by Cube that had an album out that featured B Real on it, circa 1995.
- The whole afro issue... It is rather striking that both B Real and Cube sported the afro at around the same time, AND that they both suddenly had shaved heads at around the same time, too. That's what B Real was talking about when he said "Took a look at The Real One, afro gone, the next morning you didn't have yours on." That line makes more sense now.

But what I find totally non-sensical is that Cube, Mack and W.C. called themselves "westside connection," to prove that the westside was indeed connected, at the height of the east coast/west coast feud, yet they dissed Cypress Hill (a west coast group) and they also dissed Common on another song (a rapper from Chicago, not the east coast). So you had two west coast super powers going at it while the east coast is feuding with the west coast. How can you be "connected" when there's feuding going on on your own side?
And if Westside only refers to the Westside of California, then why are the Westside Connection taking on New York? I guess it's westside connection against the entire nation: East Coast, Mid-West, West Coast, Eastside.

Furthermore, as you've pointed out, rapper W.C. didn't even join Cube and Mack 10 as they dissed Cypress. And the westside is supposed to be "connected"??? Not even the group itself is connected!

Cube's line: "I don't know one rapper down wit your click" Is that so??? Ever heard of W.C.??? The OTHER GUY IN YOUR OWN GROUP??? He's down with the Hill! He didn't want to diss Cypress.

And if, according to Mack, Sen Dog is so wack he ain't worth dissing, then why was Ice Cube in the "How I Could Just Kill A Man" video lip-synching Sen Dog's portion of the chorus? And if he's not worthy of being dissed, then why did Cube take time to diss him? Doesn't seem like Cube and Mack were "connected" either.

"King Of The Hill" may work for some because it is very silly, and even I found one or two lines funny upon first listen. But hearing someone rhyming Ping-Ping with King Kong and Cheech & Chong gets annoying very quickly.

"No Rest For The Wicked," on the other hand, is the stuff nightmares are made of. The beat, the lyrics, the mood. B-Real sounds possessed as he delivers these rhymes. It's simply brutal, unrelenting and scary. It's so vicious that I can picture Cube breaking into a cold sweat and having an anxiety attack upon listening to it.
What makes "No Rest" even more frightening are the references to facts: the Kam situation, the Lench Mob situation, the King Sun situation, Cube going to school in the "valley," the afro/shaved head situation, the "pipe on the cover" situation.

Of course, bringing up FACTS are not, umm, pre-requisites to making a diss track. But if you're responding to a diss track that DID bring up many facts, you might want to step your game up and make reference to at least as many facts as your foe did.

Just my thoughts.

Also, you made some valid and hilarious observations in your essay:

"Umm, first off, Mackie, B-Real never dissed you in his song. And second of all, if these are the wack lines expected from you, and considering that B-Real did one heck of a job with "No Rest for the Wicked", best believe he will have "enough hear" to diss you back! (HAHAHA!!!!)

"telling his rivals to go listen to his classic 1991 diss "No Vaseline" stinks of irony; perhaps he should have listened to that song a couple of times for inspiration before he wrote this tripe." HAHAHAH very clever.

Anyways, many thanks for bringing this topic to light. It was very well-written and eloquent.

oh_gee

Comment;
All that Cube VS Cypress shit is for you D-Nice....  ;)
Iīm sure you know way more than me about that beef  ;)

Yeah that Cube/Cypress beef I really did not get into that beef too much. Those are 2 of my all time favs, that beef had the potential to get VERY UGLY but it didn't thank god. I wonder though why Muggs has not reached out to Cube or vice versa and those 2 work on anything else.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »

You know I'm a picky fuck. Everything below average got to go  :P ;) :laugh:

Penitentiary was dope, Extradition is a slept on track as well. I would go as far as saying that is my favorite Cube album. One of his best beat wise. Now I don't think it is his best work but man I love that album start to finish.
interesting :)

well it's your opinion, so if somebody has a problem with it then too bad  :laugh:
cause you won't get killed for not choosing Death Certificate or AmeriKKKa's most wanted  ;)