Author Topic: Daz Dillinger Releasing 2 New Albums  (Read 1191 times)

Okka

Re: Daz Dillinger Releasing 2 New Albums
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2009, 12:51:11 PM »
I hope these albums will be good. I really liked "Only On The Left Side".

"Only On The Left Side" was a really good album, I think some people slept on it because it took so long to drop and Daz is a little inconsistent with releases. It was much better than "Gangsta Party", you can tell he put a lot of work into it. I'm hoping these releases aren't half-asses just to get something out there.

Hell yeah, "Gangsta Party" was garbage. It can't even be compared to "Only On The Left Side".

Paul

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »
I hope these albums will be good. I really liked "Only On The Left Side".

"Only On The Left Side" was a really good album, I think some people slept on it because it took so long to drop and Daz is a little inconsistent with releases. It was much better than "Gangsta Party", you can tell he put a lot of work into it. I'm hoping these releases aren't half-asses just to get something out there.

Hell yeah, "Gangsta Party" was garbage. It can't even be compared to "Only On The Left Side".

Who i be proves daz can still make really quality beats, melodicly its 1 of his best productions in years
funkyfreshintheflesh

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 12:48:41 AM »
daz myspace page:

Kool Beenz

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2009, 06:07:35 AM »
lets see how many of them are actually good 
 ::)

Daz dont make good records without Kurupt im sorry to say

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2009, 06:21:49 AM »

OH.... r u sure???
Have u ever heard DPGC....U Know What I'm Throwin'Up album ---> classic !! best daz album after Retaliation,Revenge & Get Back

Kool Beenz

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2009, 06:24:35 AM »

OH.... r u sure???
Have u ever heard DPGC....U Know What I'm Throwin'Up album ---> classic !! best daz album after Retaliation,Revenge & Get Back

yep bought it the first day it came out and i only enjoyed like 5 songs

my favorite daz album is The Life I Lead

Jaydc555

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2009, 07:57:43 AM »
You can't call any solo albums classic.his best solo album is the one on deathrow(wow what a surprise) snd that's because it was heavy on guest features.daz is a capable emcee but not a strong one.he needs guests to prop up his shortcomings.

EFFeX

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2009, 10:11:12 AM »

OH.... r u sure???

Yup, I copped it the first day it dropped too and I for one think it's a classic, but that's my opinion. I don't think it's his BEST after RRGB though. I don't think I can really pick a favorite, but I'm pretty much feeling everything other than "Gangsta Party". Daz drops heat, people only want to hear the Death Row sound though. That was back in the 90s though, you can't hate on Daz for trying new sounds on each project.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 12:38:55 PM »
I love Daz. He is the only West Coast artist that releases his album whenever the fuck he wants to and gives the fans the music they ask for.

True, you always know there will be some new music from him. Will be buying both albums !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Jaydc555

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »
Who cares if he releases 18 albums on one day if they all are terrible.make some quality not quantity

Muhfukka

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 01:40:01 PM »

just change the 8 to a 9 and its perfect

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2009, 01:53:30 PM »
Except for Gangsta Party, Daz solos are always nice to me even Gangsta Crunk wasnt so bad I mean its decent

Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back + RAW = CLASSIC
This Is The Life I Lead + DPGC U Know What Im Throwin Up = EXCELLENT
Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta LP + So So Gangsta = VERY GOOD
I Got Luv In These Streetz + Only On The Left Side = GOOD

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »
yeah but it aint like daz or KURUPT arent able to put out classics or dope product or more dope shit
theyve done it before and can do it again

why release average material when your known for droppin hits??

these cds might not be very good but you can be sure of a few good tracks. if daz and kurupt had only put out the really good stuff they've been making the past few years we'd probably have a lot more anticipation to hear new stuff. i cant hate though cause they are actually getting products out. all these numerous cds from the really crazy projects like daz's gangta crunk have actually been put out there. you gotta appreciate these guys for actually get physical cds out there for sale even if they sell few copies. on a business side of things they have been doing things regardless whether they work or not (daz with jd, kurupt hooking up with quik/dre/pete rock) just through constant effort.

According to the (bitch ass) majority here both Daz & Kurupt have been Flops since 2001.  Damn near as long as they've been putting records out.  I like Tha Dogg Pound but alot of ya'll are right= The Quantity over Quality thing should've stopped but if you (download) combine all the best tracks from the past few years and burn em to a CD you'll have an album greater than Dogg Food, TSIAM, RAW, etc. 

Keep puttin' out the music DPG, I'll cop it when I get my Live Instruments and Dark/Mellow Jazz Sections on the production again (and Definatly like the "Let Me Ride" & "Gin N Juice" versions on Death Row's Greatest Hits) with more "concepts"/messages in the songs rather than just "I'll pop ya bcuz I'm popla" rhymes.  I expect more from the whole DoggPound Camp in 2009 and on.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 02:09:27 PM by RadioTube! »

EFFeX

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »
I dunno' I feel like I'm in the minority around where when I say the majority of DPG releases have been quality. Yeah, there's some flops here and there, but when you release so many records there's bound to be some that just don't work.

six 1 nine

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »
"i live everyday like I could die they day" that was some classic daz right there so so gangsta was his last good cd ever since daz has been on that bay area shit droppin too many cds with no replay value but I got faith that daz can drop another solid album where I don't have to skip through the whole damn album to find a good track....