Author Topic: 01/12/09: Bishop Lamont Talks New Mix-Tape, "Could Have Been You" Leak, Release  (Read 4696 times)

Jaydc555

Snd it has to do with snoops business sense because you'd think hed he keeps selling less and less every album because his last 4 albums were trash and say hey these other cats get praised for their lyrics maybe I should work with them and I can make better music.better music equals better sales

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
The more time that passes without a release, the more reckless Bishop becomes.  He was an idiot to sign to Aftermath in the 1st place.

This shit is beyond pathetic.
i'm not so sure about that; it did open some doors for him + he got some exposure.

sure he's having a hard time to get his album out, but it's not like he got nothing.
besides, there wasn't a huge bidding war going on, so how many options did he have?

even when he gets dropped or decides to leave himself, he won't lose the knowledge and experience he gained.
plus his involvement with Detox won't change

^The experience of getting fucked over?  That's far too easy of a cop out.  Bishop is an ok rapper and he could've released 2 or 3 official releases already if he wasn't signed to Interscope. Others were, in fact, interested in him or he could've released independent too.  Iovine is pulling the strings and with the country already in a depression-esque era Bishop is not gonna get a release date.  It's 50, Em, Dre and that's where the focus is. Too much money to lose.

And what's worse is I predict if all this dissing really does occur that Bishop sometime down the line will apologize for it.  He's smarter than this but he's frustrated like Stat was-and rightfully so.

~Lucien~

''Aftermath rapper Bishop Lamont is so angered by the lack of support he has received from West Coast veterans Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg that he has decided to attack both rappers on an upcoming collaborative album titled No Country For Old Men.''

I lost all my respect for this dude. Snoop helped a lot of upcoming rappers in his career. He put out Dubb Union recently. Like Long Beach Iz Active says: ''If you're wack why should they go out their way to support you?'' Bishop Lamont is just an angry kid and an average rapper. And the funny thing is; The Game was dropped from the math because of the Game/50 Cent beef. Why is Dre letting this kid diss Snoop then? I hope Snoop and Cube release a diss song to end his internet/mixtape career. By the way... Dre needs to put this kid in his dumpster behind his recording studio. Fuck Bishop Lamont! And using the title ''No Country For Old Men''? That's a classic movie. People can't use that title. Period!

Dude, that album went double wood. He has a point what have Cube and Snoop done for the westcoast ? Cube only brought WC with him and Snoop put his name on a project every now and then like DPG, Dubb Union, Warzone but none of the groups are promoted at all, besides the internet. Same thing is happening in the Eastocast, look at the South, no wonder why they're so succesfull.

But like Mauzip said they are not obligated to support him and what Bishop is doing right now goes completley againts his so called logic he had 1 year ago and looks like that he's just as bipolar as Game. It's obvious that his situation at Aftermath sucks, no album for him until 2010.

Why does it matter that the Dubb Union went double wood? It came out and that's the only thing that matters.
And why are people always mad at Snoop for not promoting albums. It's not Snoop. It's the crooked major labels!

Prof@ssor

''Aftermath rapper Bishop Lamont is so angered by the lack of support he has received from West Coast veterans Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg that he has decided to attack both rappers on an upcoming collaborative album titled No Country For Old Men.''

I lost all my respect for this dude. Snoop helped a lot of upcoming rappers in his career. He put out Dubb Union recently. Like Long Beach Iz Active says: ''If you're wack why should they go out their way to support you?'' Bishop Lamont is just an angry kid and an average rapper. And the funny thing is; The Game was dropped from the math because of the Game/50 Cent beef. Why is Dre letting this kid diss Snoop then? I hope Snoop and Cube release a diss song to end his internet/mixtape career. By the way... Dre needs to put this kid in his dumpster behind his recording studio. Fuck Bishop Lamont! And using the title ''No Country For Old Men''? That's a classic movie. People can't use that title. Period!

that made me laugh.

crip-hop

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hes done, he will finish like crooked, wit no proper release!
"old mans" have their own kids to support them!

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
going against the 2 biggest artists on the west coast today with the most longevity will only kill your career and cut your fanbase short....bad move.

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Also Snoop and Cube do not owe Bishop a thing....or G or Crook for that matter....unless they have done anything personal to them directly. I bought Snoop and Cube albums I dont feel entitled to be acknowledged as the next guy up for the west coast cause i spent 15 bucks on their cds.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
The more time that passes without a release, the more reckless Bishop becomes.  He was an idiot to sign to Aftermath in the 1st place.

i'm not so sure about that; it did open some doors for him + he got some exposure.

sure he's having a hard time to get his album out, but it's not like he got nothing.
besides, there wasn't a huge bidding war going on, so how many options did he have?

even when he gets dropped or decides to leave himself, he won't lose the knowledge and experience he gained.

^The experience of getting fucked over?  That's far too easy of a cop out.  Bishop is an ok rapper and he could've released 2 or 3 official releases already if he wasn't signed to Interscope. Others were, in fact, interested in him or he could've released independent too.  Iovine is pulling the strings and with the country already in a depression-esque era Bishop is not gonna get a release date.  It's 50, Em, Dre and that's where the focus is. Too much money to lose.

And what's worse is I predict if all this dissing really does occur that Bishop sometime down the line will apologize for it.  He's smarter than this but he's frustrated like Stat was-and rightfully so.

well i'm sure he has learned a lot from his time at aftermath; not just about the industry, but also music wise, as he has worked with some talented rappers & producers.

anyway, yeah i know that there were a few other offers; i remember that bishop said that Roc-A-Fella Records was one of them.
but i'm not sure whether he would have had an album out if he was signed to that label.

then there's the alternative: put an album out independently.
perhaps that would have been better for the fans, but for bishop himself? i don't know.
i can't speak for him, can you?

Jaydc555

The reason they won't get on a track with these guys is the same reason no big artists will get on a track with tech n9ne and canibus and chino xl.they don't want to be murdered on their own songs

MR_JV

i think its time for Dre to have a word in bishops ear.......

i still think snoop should of kept his mouth shut in the dubcnn interview about crooked i tho, that was uncalled for.....

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.

well i'm sure he has learned a lot from his time at aftermath; not just about the industry, but also music wise, as he has worked with some talented rappers & producers.

anyway, yeah i know that there were a few other offers; i remember that bishop said that Roc-A-Fella Records was one of them.
but i'm not sure whether he would have had an album out if he was signed to that label.

perhaps that would have been better for the fans, but for bishop himself? i don't know.

I'm sure he's learned from his experiences as well but he could've learned that shit else where without making himself look like a tool.

My guess is he would definitely have released an album on another label by now.  I don't think anyone would argue that.

At this point in time in his life(isn't dude 30 years old) he still has yet to release a retail album.  If he doesn't drop soon he wasted everything to be a superstar signee on a label that doesn't release records because the boss is scared of criticism/failure.

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Bishop must be learning from the 40 Glocc & Spider Loc school of self promotion lol... see the difference between this and what Game did attacking 50 Cent, Game actually had a push behind him and a platinum album already out....Bishop doesnt have much to lean on going against Game.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

I'm sure he's learned from his experiences as well but he could've learned that shit else where without making himself look like a tool.

My guess is he would definitely have released an album on another label by now.  I don't think anyone would argue that.

At this point in time in his life(isn't dude 30 years old) he still has yet to release a retail album.  If he doesn't drop soon he wasted everything to be a superstar signee on a label that doesn't release records because the boss is scared of criticism/failure.

true, he's not very young any more.
perhaps the best thing he could have done was, connect with Dre but sign to another label ;)

Bishop must be learning from the 40 Glocc & Spider Loc school of self promotion lol... see the difference between this and what Game did attacking 50 Cent, Game actually had a push behind him and a platinum album already out....Bishop doesnt have much to lean on going against Game.
at the time, he didn't know that Jimmy was going to move him to Geffen.
besides, the beef was a stupid move, as it was a loss for everybody (financially)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:59:40 AM by Dre-Day »

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.

true, he's not very young any more.
perhaps the best thing he could have done was, connect with Dre but sign to another label ;)

I couldn't agree more  ;)

danniboi

I told you people b4, this dude is a fraud and a hater. Look at the Way he was taking shots at Game and Than Hopping on at least 20 niggaz from th  west right after it, mentioning their names, as if he was trynna turn them against Game.

Dont you see by the way he talks and does shit, he is a fake dude, and i aint talking about Fake in terms of Street shit, there are street niggaz that snitch on other niggaz over bitchz and even smaller shit, i am tlaking about as a man, as a man,he talks like a hoe, like a dickryda.

he is way too starstruck, i really dont  like that dude,he seems like a snake dude, Game did things like that too, but the difference between Game and him is that things that Game did only becoz he is fucke in the head and things Bishop does is coz he is a snake,