Author Topic: 01/12/09: Bishop Lamont Talks New Mix-Tape, "Could Have Been You" Leak, Release  (Read 4693 times)

Salo

• 'G'
This Means More Focus Production & More Dj Khalil Production [THAT'S WUT IM TALKIN BOUT].

WEST !!!!!!

Chad Vader

looks like you were right after all Chad Vader  :laugh:
aiming for Cube seems so pointless :P bad move  :nawty:

As you know Bishop has dropped words for Cube a couple of times already,both in interviews (below) and on tracks (what tracks was that again? you remember we talked about those before  ;))

Not meant to go online with this yet.... but here's a part of a coming Bishop interview; (it was a done a couple of days before Bishop leaked the diss track

Q: Would you say that gangster rappers like Crooked I, MC Ren, Ice Cube, and others like them aren't MC’s?

A: Oh no, they are MC’s too! You can take people that are MC’s, like D.O.C. – they are not gangsters, you know.
Crooked I is an MC, but he is from the streets. Cube is not a gangster.

Q: So, he just portrays the gangster image?

A: Yeah. I don’t do that. I don’t portray an image. This is real.

Q: So MC’s can’t portray an image?

A: Yeah, you can, but my thing is: I’m going to be who I’m going to be completely. I am not going to dress up a certain way to appeal to people.
If it’s real – if it’s street – people are going to respect it regardless of what background you come from, so that’s just me speaking for me.

Q: You're part of what’s called the “new west” movement. Is the movement strong enough to stand on its own feet if the “old west” retires?

A: Yeah, they have to retire.

Q: So, do you think you, and other new people like Dae One and Taje, can climb up and take the crown?

A: Yeah, but we don’t want the crown.

Q: So you still want people like Dre, Cube, and Snoop to rule?

A: Naw, they would have to hang their jerseys up. The crown is not important to me; I’d rather be the pope.
The legacy continues, but as far as the crown, it stays where it is and that’s what’s important to me.
It’s more about opening up more opportunities for a variety of MC’s – more new faces, more new music, and more new ideas.
The new people are just used to the old people, and the old people don’t like to speak about the new people, so the music speaks for itself, and time speaks for itself. A prime example is: Are Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson still playing?
No! But these guys were great players in their day, and then they became commentators, and now they help new players come onto the stage.

Q: So why do you think people still depend on Dre to keep on going, and to bring forth new artists?

A: Because that’s where Dre positions himself. We don’t depend on him, we respect him.
People outside depend on him, because that’s all they know, but now there are more new faces. They have more people to choose from.

Q: So you think Dre should retire when you move forward?

A: Yeah, but I’m already coming forward. One man can’t control, or contain, a movement forever.
So, he’s doing his job, but it’s a whole new direction, and movement, and faces, and those flood gates are opening.
And once that happens, there’s no turning back. He knows that as well.

Q: You had some words for the “old west,” and for old cats, who wouldn't acknowledge you.
Who, and what, was that about? On, “why you want to piss me off,” you suggested that old rappers should hang up the mic.
Can you name someone “old” and tell us why they should quit?

A: Not all the old cats, just some cats in particular - but they did what they did because they felt like we were upstaging them.
They know who they are, and that’s why we do what we do. Overall, they have to respect us, and they have no choice but to deal with us.

Related threads;
Bishop Lamont - Missile Testing (Death To Infidels) AKA fuck Snoop and The Game
+
Am I the only one who ain´t feeling Bishop Lamont?

Related threads;
So what's next for Bishop Lamont? LINK
+
Now That Bishop Lamont Is Washed Up - Who's Left In The West? LINK
+
Bishop Lamont - Missile Testing (Death To Infidels) LINK
+
Bishop hate thread # 16783  :P link

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 06:04:44 PM by Chad Vader »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
The west is in a BAD, BAD, state right now. Good music still to be had but all this hating and dumb ass album titles and this crabs in a barrel mentality that has haunted us for years is getting out of hand.

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
u alreadi know Bishop aint on the same page as Dre right now .. No way in hell Dre will co sign 1 of his artists attackin Cube or Snoop in any form or fashion .. Dre might be all for his artist but bashin  artists like snoop , cube  Game all people who have been involved with Dre .. U know Dre aint havin that.. I can see dre  sittin Bishop down real soon and tellin him u dont take shots at artists like that  from your own coast before your album has even dropped
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 05:51:48 PM by Soopafly »

YoungCrookedI

Im a fan of Bishop, Glasses and Crooked, but I'm not feeling this move, I really dont see what the point is? Going against two industry heavyweights is not a good idea! Also Cube is my favorite rapper, and I have no doubts he would smash all 3 of them in a beef

of course you´re no feelin this move...you signature pics says it all.
u alreadi know Bishop aint on the same page as Dre right now .. No way in hell Dre will co sign 1 of his artists attackin Cube or Snoop in any form or fashion .. Dre might be all for his artist but bashin  artists like snoop , cube  Game all people who have been involved with Dre .. U know Dre aint havin that.. I can see dre  sittin Bishop down real soon and tellin him u dont take shots at artists like that  from your own coast before your album has even dropped

damn homie,how you know? you´re the real Soopafly???? if so,tell me why snoop didn´t push more this dub union album?

Bishop,Crooked & Glasses ain´t will dissin them,they are only criticize´m them like jabin or addressin,people needs to chill...they actin like stans here,cube´s last album was dope,but his ols shit is dopppper...snoop´s doggystyle+doggfather album are dope...the rest is fucked up for me...
Crooked - b.o.s.s as a free download,malone´s album this quater and bishop´s before or after detox.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 06:01:32 PM by YoungCrookedI »

madkilla

• 'G'
this dudes gettin desperate....LMAO

Snoop and Cube dont owe the New West nothing. These bitch ass niggaz need to respect they position and stop relying on other people to put you on.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Im a fan of Bishop, Glasses and Crooked, but I'm not feeling this move, I really dont see what the point is? Going against two industry heavyweights is not a good idea! Also Cube is my favorite rapper, and I have no doubts he would smash all 3 of them in a beef

of course you´re no feelin this move...you signature pics says it all.

damn homie,how you know? you´re the real Soopafly???? if so,tell me why snoop didn´t push more this dub union album?

Bishop,Crooked & Glasses ain´t will dissin them,they are only criticize´m them like jabin or addressin,people needs to chill...they actin like stans here,cube´s last album was dope,but his ols shit is dopppper...snoop´s doggystyle+doggfather album are dope...the rest is fucked up for me...
Crooked - b.o.s.s as a free download,malone´s album this quater and bishop´s before or after detox.

you only on Bishop's dick because he's talking about dropping something with Crooked, that right there should also tell you what kind of wack business sense Bishop has
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Bishop is just doing this for promotion, but im pretty sure that he'll get dropped from the label soon

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
somebody had to say it , snoop is a greedy bastard who dont want nobody else to shine accept him, he collabed wit game cuz he had no choice , game was a hot potato but he dont help rappers come up . cube could have done more collabs with young dudes
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

STREETWISE

somebody had to say it , snoop is a greedy bastard who dont want nobody else to shine accept him, he collabed wit game cuz he had no choice , game was a hot potato but he dont help rappers come up . cube could have done more collabs with young dudes

shut the fuck up up u idiot, they can do what the fuck they want to do, if snoop doesnt want to work with people then thats up to him, you see none of these rappers owe any time to these new cats

bishops 30 years old its time for him to grow up

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
exactly. bishop has lost. career over!

Jaydc555

I hope bishop is all over detox and its a classic then he drops a classic album and all you people will be slobbering on his nuts

Jaydc555

In any case some classic diss tracks could come out of this.I'd rather see this beef then Wayne vs 50

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thats very immature and arrogant of bishop to go bytchin about game, snoop and cube not workin wit him. so god damn what?....,.
bishop , you are on aftermath, and you got dre behind you . if you cant make it with the most respected & reverred artist in the rap game, then you cant make it with nobody.
dont take it out on game, snoop or cube, coz you aint gettin the buzz that you was hopin for. if they dont want to work with you, then move on, and hook up with other established rappers in the game to get a bit of their fame by ridin their coat tails. if bishop gets dropped from the math, then he got nobody to blame but himself.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!

haha snoop dont want it wit bishop!!!
let alone the real bishop=CROOKED MUTHAFUCKIN I!!!!

bishop is real as they come, he speaks the truth. NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN :) Bring it on
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.