Author Topic: so I got fired today...  (Read 849 times)

Floydness

so I got fired today...
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:49:39 PM »
It makes sense.. the dudes business wasnt doing well.. he was paying like 4000 rent, 2000 my salary, 2000 for the other dudes salary (locksmith), utilities, etc. and he only made like 20 bux a day at best selling keys lol.. it just sucks how he did it.. He fired me online..I was sick today so I came inlate (Ive never taken 1 sick day in the whole year ive worked for him and ive only been late maybe like 5 times) anyways so I came from my doc appt.. and I go online..
me: Hey its me, just got here ready to start the day
boss: so whats going on?
me: well I have a fever.. im pretty sick
boss: u should go home I dont want u to contaminate everything
me: yeah? ok.. :)  *excited to be getting half a sick day for the first time ever*
boss: yeah.. and dont come back tomorrow
me: lol ok..
boss: seriously..
me: are u serious??? ur firing me???
boss: no.. im laying u off
me: why??
boss: its nothing personal.. ur a good worker and all but I have to do whats best for my business
me: when were u going to tell me?
boss: today
me: can u at least give me a 2 week notice so i can find another job?
boss: ill pay u for this week
me: jesus christ
boss: u believe in jesus now?
me: :'(
boss: sorry...

Yah so now I have to look for another job.. oh well.. I guess when one door closes another one opens..I feel like complaining to the labor board about how I didnt get a two week notice, I worked 60 hours a week with no OT, I never got a lunch break, etc. But yeah anyways, ive def had better days that this  :-\ :-X :(

Muhfukka

Re: so I got fired today...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 12:00:25 AM »
that sucks dick didnt you just move out too

Hey Ma

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:03:20 AM »
lol, that sucks but it is hilarious too how cowardly he was.

Floydness

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 12:08:06 AM »
lol yep.. i just moved out and I was planning on buying a new car :-\ and yeah I know, whata pussy.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 12:32:13 AM »
idk if you can report him on the 2 week thing, since hes laying you off.  when a boss does that, it saves them from having to give notice and pay unused vacation days, sick days all that stuff.  if he fired you, its different.  a nice little loop hole for the bosses, ey?

but you can DEFINITELY report him on the unpaid OT, lunch and all that.  AND if he doesnt pay by a certain date, he starts getting penalties (which i think also go to you).  definitely look into that.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Floydness

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 12:33:27 AM »
^^ thanx for the advice :D :) 8)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 12:37:11 AM »

no problem.

one of my older co-workers was working as a security gaurd for some building in downtown, and basically he got screwed out of like $400 OT pay, went to the labor board and filled a complaint.  the company didnt want to pay him, so they started getting penalties...all in all he made out with like 2grand.  all because they didnt want to pay.  lol

but you must have proof.  if your paystubs say you worked 60 hours, but got paid your regular wage for those 20 extra hours, then youre golden. 

but one thing, were u on salary or hourly pay?  if its the former, youre not entitled to OT pay. :-\

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 12:39:38 AM »
you never had a lunch break? didn't u say u would hit a bleez everyday at work before your lunch break? so just like I told james, you ain't got to lie to kick it...

Floydness

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 12:41:40 AM »
lol I dont LIE.. I never got lunch breaks.. this dude I worked with would always let me take SMOKE breaks for like 20 min and I would keep him happy by slipping him some weed here and there and he would never tell my boss.. lol I dont lie anymore, it gets too complicated. :-X :-\ 8)

Floydness

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 12:43:08 AM »

no problem.

one of my older co-workers was working as a security gaurd for some building in downtown, and basically he got screwed out of like $400 OT pay, went to the labor board and filled a complaint.  the company didnt want to pay him, so they started getting penalties...all in all he made out with like 2grand.  all because they didnt want to pay.  lol

but you must have proof.  if your paystubs say you worked 60 hours, but got paid your regular wage for those 20 extra hours, then youre golden. 

but one thing, were u on salary or hourly pay?  if its the former, youre not entitled to OT pay. :-\

lmao I guess im fucked, I worked based on salary...  :-\ its ok though, ill leave him alone.. I just want a new chill job and ill be satisfied. 8)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 12:49:17 AM »
good luck.  its getting really rough out there.  im thinking of going back to school, cause without some sort of education/formal training, motherfuckers wont even be able to get a gig at micky d's. :-\

Floydness

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 12:50:22 AM »
Yeah im in school.. im sick of all these bs jobs.. I want my damn career already!

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 12:55:50 AM »
That sucks. He should of at least told you to your face like a man.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 12:56:01 AM »
what are you studying? im thinking of going to school for web design/web graphics...it might not be the most demanding field right now, but its something i enjoyed doing when i was younger, and it seems like a job were i can be high, and no one would care. :D

Floydness

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 12:57:06 AM »
If thats what ur into that u should def go for it with passion! as for me, im studying to become an exotic animal trainer.