Author Topic: Mongrel (UK Rock/Hip Hop Supergroup) Check this...  (Read 98 times)

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Mongrel (UK Rock/Hip Hop Supergroup) Check this...
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:04:39 AM »
Mongrel are a supergroup formed in 2008, by former Arctic Monkeys bassist Andy Nicholson. Alongside Nicholson in the band are Jon McClure of Reverend and the Makers, Babyshambles bassist Drew McConnell and Matt Helders from Arctic Monkeys as well as London rapper Lowkey from the Poisonous Poets. [1]

Mongrel are working on their first album Better Than Heavy at Dean Street Studios with a late 2008 release date planned and are due to tour later this year. The content of their music is political, with the majority of their songs having lyrics which challenge government issues. The band have announced they will play a show at London's Boston Arms on November 5th, with a four track digital EP due for release the same day.[2] Released on the Wall of Sound label, the EP feature debut track "The Menace."

For the album, McClure stated "We had Saul Williams come in and do a thing on it and hopefully M.I.A. is going to do something and maybe Pete Doherty. It's got a good flavour... We're really taking a few people to task, kind of like we're Public Enemy or something."[3] In an interview with The Guardian, McClure also expressed a desire to record in Venezuela and work with Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez for the band's second album

MONGREL - The Menace

Thought Id post this as I have seen nothing about them on here yet

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Mongrel (UK Rock/Hip Hop Supergroup) Check this...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:27:39 AM »
i hadn't heard anything about this group. track is pretty cool. might haveta check this EP.

MR X To Tha Z

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im high out my mind and i know im the shit
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 01:06:12 PM »
first i heard about this group was when they where on saturdays soccer am

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 01:56:57 PM »
damn hadnt heard shit...tunes nice if the whole ablums on this sorta vibe imma havta cop it

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 07:40:23 AM »
first i heard about this group was when they where on saturdays soccer am

same here

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 01:44:24 PM »
Remember reading about these lot in hip hop connection but forgot all about them.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson