Author Topic: Jadakiss Worried That His Biggie Tribute, 'Letter To Big,' Might Be 'Corny'  (Read 290 times)

wardy

Jadakiss' musical correspondence with the Notorious B.I.G., his friend and deceased labelmate, wasn't his idea. 'Kiss credits stylist Groovey Lew (Groovey is also credited with giving B.I.G. his first Coogi sweater) for coming up with the idea.

"Groovey Lew, when I was getting the production for [my new] album, he was like, 'You should do a letter to Big on the new album.' I was like, 'That might be corny, Groov,' " 'Kiss remembered last week on the "Notorious" red carpet. "The beat really played a big part. Then my man Ice Pick, my A&R [rep], called me, like, 'Yo, you gotta hear this beat. It's crazy.' I said, 'This might be the letter.' Then I got in the studio — the 'Letter' came to life."

'Kiss has contemplated doing a remix of the touching tune but is leaning toward letting the original "Letter to Big" stand alone.

"I was flirting with it," Jada offered about his thoughts on a remix. "But it's nothing fabricated on there. It's gotta be all real on there. Everything was personal. It would take a lot of concentration to make some more to it. I might do a remix, throw the LOX on there, maybe some of the Junior M.A.F.I.A. or Hov. We'll see how it go. But we're just gonna soak that up right now, let them breathe with the 'Letter.' "

Jada's Last Kiss LP arrives in stores one day after the 12th anniversary of B.I.G.'s death.

"I just got the date. March 10. That's rain, sleet or shine," the Yonkers word slinger promised. "We gonna ride this 'Letter to Big.' I'm gonna drop some new music. We gonna keep hitting you. Hit Super Bowl, [NBA] All-Star, circle around on the promo [tour]. Come back March 10."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1602565/20090112/notorious_big.jhtml

A remix with jigga or junior maffia would be good but tbh i think the track is deep and should be left alone

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That song alone, has me really anticipating his new album,

AlerG
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

2euce 7even

That song alone, has me really anticipating his new album,

AlerG

same here..so there´s nothin to worry about´kiss..

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yep yep, Jada is wierd, he finally releases a song with substance and he thinks it's corny. He should be worried about that Ne-Yo joint (which ain't bad at all too btw).

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Kiss is da shit
Bullets aint got no names

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
jadakiss has been droppin heat 4ever... he's another 1 like bun-b, they can murder other rappers tracks on features.
but seems like jada always gets burned on solo success. i see him being like an eastcoast nate dogg.
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

bez

Love Jada, nobody fucks with his delivery period. Hopefully the new album should be dope.