Author Topic: Saudi mufti says 10-yr-old girls can marry  (Read 305 times)

Rugged Monk

Saudi mufti says 10-yr-old girls can marry
« on: January 15, 2009, 01:39:12 AM »
Saudi mufti says 10-yr-old girls can marry
Agence France-Presse
Wednesday, January 14, 2009, (Riyadh)

Saudi Arabia's senior-most cleric said girls as young as 10 years old can be married, local media reported on Wednesday.

The powerful Grand Mufti Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh said in a speech late on Monday that Islamic Sharia law allows the practice of pre-teen girls getting married, and that critics of the practice were doing the girls "an injustice," reports said.

"We hear often in the media about the marriage of minors. We must know that Sharia law is not unjust for women," the cleric is quoted as saying.

"If it is said that a woman below 15 cannot be married, that is wrong. If a girl exceeds 10 or 12 then she is eligible for marriage, and whoever thinks she is too young, then he or she is wrong and has done her an injustice."
His comment came in the wake of several well-publicized cases of young girls being married to men sometimes old enough to be their great-grandfathers.

On Monday a court in Taif allowed an 11-year-old girl to separate from her 75-year-old husband after the girl's mother petitioned the court, according to a report in Okaz newspaper. The girl's father had arranged the marriage in exchange for a dowry, it said.

In December a Saudi court at Unayzah, 220 kilometres north of Riyadh, rejected a plea to divorce an eight-year-old girl married off by her father to a man who is 58, saying the case should wait until the girl reaches puberty.

Saudi human rights groups are fighting the old practice of children being married off to much older men by their parents and seek to establish a legal minimum age for women to be married.

She read about herself in the bible
Believing she the reason sin is here
You played her, with an apron
Like, "Bring me my dinner, dear."
She the nigger here

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 01:55:26 AM by Rugged Monk-illuminati gang/Skull &Bones click »

Chief

Re: Saudi mufti says 10-yr-old girls can marry
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:41:08 AM »
looks like the catholic priests have rubbed off on the cleric

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 05:57:00 AM »
Instead of helping the palestinians, these useless mothafuckaz do nothing but nonesense.

All they do is make muslims look bad, just like Pakistan.

Seriously, look at mumbai. Shit is starting to make sense , now.

Pakistan did it (Fuck a conspiracy) to make muslims look bad so that people will support Israel in the current
palestinian war.

Fuck Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 09:10:48 AM »

"If it is said that a woman below 15 cannot be married, that is wrong. If a girl exceeds 10 or 12 then she is eligible for marriage, and whoever thinks she is too young, then he or she is wrong and has done her an injustice."

WOOOW. thats retarded

Roccy

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
The Saudi's are a disgrace to islam.
how it really goes down..

Rugged Monk

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 04:12:14 PM »
Instead of helping the palestinians, these useless mothafuckaz do nothing but nonesense.

All they do is make muslims look bad,

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 01:35:29 AM »
I want to say some more things out of fairness.

Im a turk from Turkey. And I dont want muslims to be like my country.
Over here, people are radical europeans and protest against Islam whenever they can.

One more thing I hate is: People lie and cheat sooo much for a little bit of money.

So I dont want muslims to be like my country.

But we muslims must get rid of Saudi Arabias Wahabism. Because wahabism goes against any progress.

Us muslims must find an Islam wich goes well with Progress. Then we must show the world that we too have good brains.

Hey Ma

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 01:37:49 AM »
^^I knew a woman named Gozde from Turkey. She was beautiful. Are there a lot of hot turkish women?

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 02:13:55 AM »
^^I knew a woman named Gozde from Turkey. She was beautiful. Are there a lot of hot turkish women?

Fuck off

Jared Taylor

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 12:02:13 PM »

Over here, people are radical europeans and protest against Islam whenever they can.

One more thing I hate is: People lie and cheat sooo much for a little bit of money.

But we muslims must get rid of Saudi Arabias Wahabism. Because wahabism goes against any progress.

Us muslims must find an Islam wich goes well with Progress. Then we must show the world that we too have good brains.

Islam is antithetical to progress by definition. Progress is when you have separation of Church and State, a concept that most Muslims are not capable of understanding any better than the Catholic Church monstrosity.

And don't say Saudi Arabia and Pakistan make Muslims look bad. ALL Muslims make Muslims look bad.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »

Fuck off
LMAO!!!!!!

Roccy

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 11:46:12 PM »

Fuck off
LMAO!!!!!!

whos the girl in your GIF?
how it really goes down..

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »

WOOOW. thats retarded

for real

Rugged Monk

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 05:37:58 AM »

Islam is antithetical to progress by definition. Progress is when you have separation of Church and State, a concept that most Muslims are not capable of understanding any better than the Catholic Church monstrosity.

And don't say Saudi Arabia and Pakistan make Muslims look bad. ALL Muslims make Muslims look bad.

We will change Islam.

Same as we changed Catholicism.

dexter

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »
catholic like little altar Boys :-\