Author Topic: Why did "Get Up" flop?  (Read 763 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Why did "Get Up" flop?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 09:50:57 AM »
I agree that it sounded forced.  If not that at least too fake.  He keeps playing up this image that's not him.  Dude doesn't drink or smoke but raps about that shit.  I said before Dude needs to sound grimey while hungry yet relaxed.  Similar to I Got Money but not as fun.  And, 50 did his thing.  Artists come and go.  The public ain't feelling fif - oh well.  He should just release his album and move on.  Finish up that contract and take a couple years off. Focus on acting.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »
50 Cent was a cartoon. It was an image sold to the masses and it's 15 minutes have been up for some time now. In The Club could have never been released, get released tomorrow and no one would care. I'm not saying he isn't capable of doing something different and revitalizing his career. Lil Wayne showed everyone recently that it can be done. But 50 will not do it by playing the 50 Cent image any more and making old songs.

Remember when the Wash came out and it had that great Snoop and Dre collabo? It would have been great if released in '95, but in 2000+ it wasn't what anyone outside of this forum wanted.

50 Cent and Dre were never U2. U2 was sold on a sound and a music and they milked that sound for 20 to 30 years. The image of the band came second, (until Bono refused to shut up about anything and everything). All people wanted from them was a new catchy hit song that didn't sound too different from the last one and it worked time and again. With 50 Cent and '92 Dre they wanted an image to think of as cool and once that image went the sound went with it. Dre had to come back with a new sound,( and let's be serious, he basically rode the coat tails of Eminem's success. If Em never existed 2001 would have been a great album and we all would have loved it but no chance it would have been anywhere near 6 platinum).

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 10:01:22 AM »
My Life came first on my mind as a single, that's not followed by the things Jome mentioned and is relatively successful in charts.

It does have Lil Wayne on the hook though; but yeah it's a single with some actual substance.
I knew somebody would mention Wayne...

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »
When it first came out, I thought this will be a big single... 50 back on the grind, no candy shop/amusement park crap type of track. Just a good club banger with a great Scott beat. I have never seen the video in TV or elsewhere.

Sometimes I feel sorry for 50

Is 50's career over?

i hope so.
by the way, you don't really mean that you feel sorry for him right?  ;)

:D

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »
imo it just isnt good enough

its a solid album cut, but not single material. maybe a "half" video song, like before/after the real single

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 01:25:51 PM »
it didn't do that bad, it was #1 on 106 & Park for awhile... but I guess he wants that #1 on Billboard type of single  :-\

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 01:28:40 PM »
REAL FUCKIN TALK!!!!!!

REAL MUTHAFUCKIN SHIT!!!!!!!

but get up has been his best single and track so far from bisd!!!
shit is dope, and bangin!!!

MEMBER STR8 TO THE BANK?

Let me analyze some key moments real quick:

* No Akon
* No T-Pain
* No Chris Brown, Ne-Yo or any other boring chump singing
* No corny dance attached to the video

= Flop these days.

The music industry is fucked, and they can only blame themselves for over-using the same 5-10 artists until they get played out and replacing them with new fads.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 01:32:14 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 01:49:03 PM »
its a solid album cut, but not single material.

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 01:58:52 PM »
50 been over after get rich or die trying
Bullets aint got no names

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 02:03:19 PM »
more or less

wit somebeg for mercy in there

50 been over after get rich or die trying
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 02:06:07 PM »
Shit that confuses me was that everyone was complaining he went pop with his last singles, then when he gives them that grimey 50 street track they want, they dont care. Beat was dope, but I gotta agree 50 sounded lazy on it, same with "I Get It In" which sux, cos the sooner he has a smash the sooner we get his, eminems, and dre's albums...

Muhfukka

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 03:28:12 PM »
because its 50 cent and people dont want to hear another 50 cent song anymore

Matty

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 03:36:36 PM »
really silly video and not enough promotion.

Jaydc555

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 04:14:30 PM »
Its just an album cut it isn't a great song.when I first heard it I was shocked it was single.its a solid song nothing more.