Author Topic: Firefox extensions  (Read 413 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Firefox extensions
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:03:11 PM »
I put a little more ram into my computer so it's working fast now & I'm thinking about switching to Firefox (I'm on Opera right now). Where can I get all the extensions???

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Re: Firefox extensions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:27:51 PM »

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Jome

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ is where they at..

Btw, you should try Firefox 3.1 beta 2 instead of Firefox 3.0.5..
3.1 is lightning fast..  :o

Here's a quote from my Firefox 3 thread:

What are the best extensions?

Here's a quick overview of my extensions:

Adblock Plus - Removes all ads from all sites, flash, banners, etc. Maybe the best extension ever, haven't seen ads in years.
Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper - Removes the text only ads as well.
Customize Google - Removes ads from Google & Gmail, adds links to other engines, Google Suggest, let's you customize everything about Google/Gmail.
DictionarySearch - Right-click any word for a dictionary search if you're stuck or wondering about the exact definition of a word.
DownloadHelper - Makes it easy as hell to download any Youtube video, Google Video, or any other video on a website

FireGestures - Navigating sites has never been easier with Mouse Gestures, I use these the most: Rightclick/drag left = Go back 1 site, right = forward 1 site. Rightclick/drag down = close tab, rightclick/up = undo close tab.. after using this, you'd wish for MouseGestures in every program.
FlagFox - Dispays the flag of the location of the site you're currently browing, clicking it will tell you everything about the site you're on and who owns it.
ForecastFox - Weather predictions the next few days discreetly in your browser.
FoxyTunes - Control Winamp, WMP, MediaMonkey, Itunes, or whatever, directly from your browser, without having to minimize Firefox.

IE Tab - Some wack site doesn't display properly in Firefox ? Hit the IE button, and the site opens up inside Firefox in IE, Internet Explorer inside Firefox!
ImageZoom - There's small pictures all over the net, or maybe want to zoom in on that Jessica Alba pic ? Right-click & zoom in as much as you want.
Linkification - Tired of copying/pasting all them rapidshare or sendspace links into the address-bar ? This turns text-links into clickable links.
Nightly Tester Tools - Some extension doesn't work ? This will force it to work, plus a shitload of other features.

Paste and Go 3 - Instead of copying/pasting a link, then hitting go or Enter in the address-bar, you can just right-click & Paste and Go!
PDF Download - Fuck slow ass Adobe Acrobat Reader, install lightning quick Foxit Reader and this, and PDF files will open in 1-2 seconds instead of 10-30.
QuickNote - A notepad inside Firefox for all them links, passwords, phone numbers, e-mails etc. you gotta remember. One click access.
Stop Autoplay - Disable all autoplay of embedded music & videos. Handy on Dubcc I tell ya.

Tab Mix Plus - Let's you customize everything about how tabs work/open/close, and let's you add another Close tab button like it was in Firefox 1, at the far right.
Toolbar Buttons - Makes it possible to add shortcut buttons for anything on the toolbars, Google, Gmail, Extensions, Links, Ebay, Myspace, etc. etc.
Yet Another Smooth Scrolling - Let's you set the sensitivity and configure everything about how the mouse & keyboard scrolls up and down on pages.

All these work with Firefox 3, though some of them had to be forced by using Nightly Builder Tools.  8)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 02:47:56 PM by Jome »

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 12:32:51 PM »
I'm still on latest FF2 version and I'm happy 8) but I'm thinking bout update to 3

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Jome

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 01:24:11 PM »
Jump straight to 3.1 beta 2.. the difference in speed, memory usage and user experience will amaze you.  ;)

Of course, being a beta version, there's some small bugs, but nothing annoying, haven't had a crash yet the 2 months I've used it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 02:04:08 PM »
props to both ;)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 02:43:09 PM »
Is there an extension that lets you choose a site by clicking on the thumbnails of the sites??? Opera has something like that. & I can't find the Nightly Builder Tools extension on the add ons site.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »
Is there an extension that lets you choose a site by clicking on the thumbnails of the sites??? Opera has something like that. & I can't find the Nightly Builder Tools extension on the add ons site.

I know what you're on too, i'm using Opera but most of the time video's dont work with it so i have to switch to Firefox. Literally the only reason i prefer Opera is that speed dial option.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Jome

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 02:55:15 PM »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 03:07:46 PM »
^Good looking Jome.

Al Bundy

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »
there are speed dial clones on firefox.. search around the add-ons

i used to go back and forth from firefox 3.1 beta and opera and have just settled with opera. shit is faster on my computer.