Author Topic: "Safe + Sound" By Quik, Reppin Bloods?  (Read 3726 times)

kolaboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Safe + Sound" By Quik, Reppin Bloods?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 12:13:59 AM »
DOLLAS & SENTS HE WAS BANGED OUT DISSIN MC EIHT AND A FEW OTHER CRIP SETS BUT U GOTTA CATCH IT...
EVEN ON THE RED TAPE HE WAS DISSIN' CRIPS, AND THAT CAME OUT LATE 80'S EARLY 90'S... SO THATS WHERE THAT BANGIN ON WAX MOVMENT CAME ABOUT!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 03:54:56 AM »
I have to say that album is a classic and I don't think suge gets enough credit for how many classics he's been behind the scenes in.
more like, he took too much credit

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 04:03:31 AM »
I take music & life differently. Music is for everyone no matter what kind, genre or words said in it. Quik has great production skills & can rap when he wants to, but I aint for that slob shit.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

2euce 7even

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 04:06:14 AM »
he probaly wished he never made that album because  people did drive bys and killed bumpin that music.

from what i head from the homies dad ( he was from TTP) he said quik had a mad trigger finger back in the day.

quik himself said he never did a drive-by, so who knows.he even said he never understood how people can get together and kill other people for being from other hood and wearing a wrong color, thats why he dont have C in his name, not to diss crips by CK=crip killa.
but i heard he was just talkin that good stuff because his PO is/was watchin for him.

when he said "i was the first to bang on wax" he ment red tapes.but i heard safe + sound is blooded out too.

quik dissed crips?and at the same time he works wit snoop and shit?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 04:57:26 AM »
damn thats waz up
anyone know why they stopped workin together?

definitely one of the greatest hip hop albums ever made. the album was so 'red' because suge executive produced the album and was quik's 'manager' at the time.
if you're familiar wit suge's history you know why it didn't last long. also quik was signed to suge's funky enough records (before death row) and it didn't work. then eazy tried to sign quik for a million but quik was already signed to profile records.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 06:02:35 AM »
Yep the "P" stands for "Pure" (Pure Funk or also Parliament Funkadelic) and I don't see Quik makin' all these references to the Bloods except for "Dollaz + Sense", S+S is mostly an album about fun and sex.

And let me quote this too... once again, Quik took out the C not for disrespect but for respect (CK: crip killa).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:04:25 AM by Davizz »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 06:04:25 AM »
Yep the "P" stands for "Pure" (Pure Funk or also Parliament Funkadelic) and I don't see Quik makin' all these references to the Bloods except for "Dollaz + Sense", S+S is mostly an album about fun and sex.

PS: Quik took out the C not for disrespect but for respect (CK: crip killa).
p funk as in parliament funkadelic.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 07:43:40 AM »
Quick was the first one to diss suge in public
Bullets aint got no names

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009, 08:57:05 AM »

peep my gif...that was the safe & sound video

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009, 10:11:51 AM »
damn suge goes way back

and eazy tryna to sign the dj?
thats crazy
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 10:45:19 AM »
damn suge goes way back

thats crazy
yup. profile sent eazy cease and desist letters. that's how the ppc ended up on ruthless. after dre left eazy tried to sign quik but at first he didn't want to sign quik. suge's first label was chocolate(wrote for vanilla ice), paradise, dj quik and others but his partner went to jail.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:47:25 AM by Classic Material »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 10:47:27 AM »
thats waz up

damn suge goes way back

thats crazy
yup. profile sent eazy cease and desist letters. that's how the ppc ended up on ruthless. after dre left eazy tried to sign quik but at first he didn't want to sign quik.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 03:15:13 PM »
he probaly wished he never made that album because  people did drive bys and killed bumpin that music.

from what i head from the homies dad ( he was from TTP) he said quik had a mad trigger finger back in the day.

quik himself said he never did a drive-by, so who knows.he even said he never understood how people can get together and kill other people for being from other hood and wearing a wrong color, thats why he dont have C in his name, not to diss crips by CK=crip killa.
but i heard he was just talkin that good stuff because his PO is/was watchin for him.

when he said "i was the first to bang on wax" he ment red tapes.but i heard safe + sound is blooded out too.

quik dissed crips?and at the same time he works wit snoop and shit?

im sure he said that because he was on tv, its not liek your gonna go to the public and say a bunch of ignorant shit like " i kill people"

i dont think he dissed crips in safe + sound

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Jaydc555

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 03:22:41 PM »
How did suge take too much credit?he never said hey this album happened because of me or this track was hot because of me.but he had an ear for music like no other.he was one of the reasons albums on deathrow were classic.with the mentality of whatever album comes next gets the hot beats and the best material whatever is best for our next project.so instead of artists saving songs for themselves they all got put into whatever project was next to make the best possible album.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 03:36:29 PM »
I Even Heard Said He Wish He Never Made That Album, Because He Reps Bloods.

I remember hearing that too.  I can't believe he would say that.  IMO, this is Quik's best album.