Author Topic: "Answers From The Book Of Knoc" - Knoc-Turn'Al Talks "2001", Snoop-Crooked I Bee  (Read 1215 times)

Lunatic

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1260/56/

As promised, Raptalk brings to you the first installment of the "Answers From the Book of Knoc" series bright and early Monday morning...

As promised, Raptalk.Net returns this Monday morning with the opening installment in the last-week announced “Answers from the Book of Knoc” series. In case you missed it, every Monday right here on Raptalk.Net, Knoc-Turn’Al will be picking out and answering five questions submitted by fans and Raptalk.Net readers to yours truly! (Lunatic) We present the first installment right now and urge fans to continue submitting questions as it is never too late and this series will be long-running! Let’s get started!

Raptalk.Net: I thought it would be fitting to start this series off like this. BloodMoney2008 asks, “where the fuck have you been at Knoc?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: That’s a good fucking question. I ghostwrote for everybody on the west coast. Well BloodMoney2008, where I’ve been at is in the motherfucking bat cave doing what I do to put a whole new group together called the MathMadix and call everything and every favor I ask to come back to the public and give them what they need.

Raptalk.Net: There we go! The second question comes from D~Nice and he wants to know, “How did you come up with the name Knoc-Turn’Al?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Oh shit, that’s a good question. My original rap name was Nature Boy. I got it tattooed on my chest. Nas came out with somebody named Nature Boy so I had to change my rap name. I was in the penitentiary and I had a night job on the back docks. What ended up happening was everybody kept calling me Knoc-Turn’Al like, “you Nocturnal, you don’t have no problems staying up at night.” So what ended up happening was they started calling me Knoc-Turn’Al so that sunk in while I was in the penitentiary…and they can check my records and see that I’ve been to the penitentiary. But one thing for sure to tell D~Nice is that my name came from when I was in the penitentiary. My original rap name was Nature Boy but Nas came out with somebody first called Nature Boy so I had to change my rap name.

Raptalk.Net: There we go. The third question comes from Dubsmith_Az, and he asks, “What was your personal highlight from working on “2001?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: Getting drunk (laughs). Dr. Dre used to have cases and cases of Hennessey in the studio. I used to tell him, “You need more gas? Get the fuel and let’s go.” Nah, that getting drunk thing is just a joke. The thing was the highlight really of “2001” was Dr. Dre paying attention to my talent with me being a ghostwriter. We came up with some really good stuff. I didn’t expect to be in the situation that I was in. What ended up happening was “Bad Intentions” came out after and I was on “Bang Bang”, “Light Speed”, I did a lot of songs with Dr. Dre. What ended happening was I didn’t know it was that easy to get paid off rap. That was the best thing for me. It turned my life around while I was on parole and everything else. I felt like I was somebody again. I could actually get back into the world and function as a human being.

Raptalk.Net: That’s a great answer right there. The fourth question comes from Hazzard and he wants to know, “What is your take on the Crooked I-Snoop Dogg beef?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: That shit is stupid. They’re both from Long Beach, why are y’all beefing? It doesn’t make any sense. I’m from Long Beach. To me, why would you beef with somebody from your own city? I know they may not be in the same age bracket but the whole point is, they know somebody in their family that grew up in the same age bracket, so why are you even tripping? Why would you even trip off somebody that is your own kind? You know what I mean? They wouldn’t have got as far as they got if they had been tripping on each other (Laughs).

Raptalk.Net: I like that right there. The last question comes from Laconic. I know you Knoc; you’re funny and creative as well so we’re also going to have a little fun with this series. The question is, “what do you prefer on your dinner table, Chicken or Ribs?”

Knoc-Turn’Al: I want both on my dinner table! If I had to pick one, I would like the ribs. Everybody needs some good beef in their life; put some meat on the bones, I’m already skinny. I don’t need to be skinnier; I need to put some meat in my life.

That caps part one in the “Answers from the Book of Knoc” series! Congratulations to those who got their questions answered. To those who didn’t, don’t panic as we have all the submitted questions on file and will be getting around to all of them! It is not too late to submit questions so if any readers/fans/haters think of anything they would like Knoc to address, feel free to submit them! Check back next Monday for part two in the “Answers from the Book of Knoc” series.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

BossBullet

• 'G'
next question tell knock to make a truce with crook n snoop and get a track done with all 3 of them on it and call it Long Beach Connected ( L.B.C. )

and release it str8 to the public

Okka

I thought you was gonna ask my questions ? It's all good though ;)

bigpimpin20

didnt knew he is from LBC

David Gutterman

Nature Boy, hihi

OG Snoopaveli

thx luna good read !! i will be there for part 2  :D

penenstamp

haha, Nature Boy is one of the worst rap names I've ever heard :D Knoc-Turn'al is a whole lot better.

Elano

this interview is a mess.....

penenstamp

what makes you say that?

kuruptDPG

that was a gd read, hopfully my questions will be asked.

Jaydc555

That's tight Luna!forget haters like krasnoe.

Blood$

ha my question got asked first, that's wassup  8)

good read though, can't wait for next week

Elano

penenstamp

what makes you say that?

the questions

What's messy about the questions? The order they're asked in?

I thought this was a good read.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
ha my question got asked first, that's wassup  8)

good read though, can't wait for next week