Author Topic: Jay rock the best thing since pac?  (Read 1452 times)

Jaydc555

Re: Jay rock the best thing since pac?
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2009, 09:36:58 AM »
2pac is a religon.and now to read from the holy book of pac.album three,track 8 verse 1:and with weed smoke in the air he saideth untoth to the people "I smoke a blunt to take the pain outAnd if I wasn't high, I'd probably try to blow my brains out"

2euce 7even

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »
"if i die" is dope than "all my life" IMO.

and no, jay rock is D-O-P-E but pac is a L-E-G-E-N-D

BigEEE

• 'G'
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2009, 10:28:44 AM »
Before you claim Jay the next Pac, step 1 needs to get taken care of 1st.

1st step: release a classic album

then after step 1, there's about 50 more steps. So hold your horses and let Jay Rock develop.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2009, 11:57:33 AM »
I could post up 100 quotes from critics praising his acting skills and you would still call me a dick rider or whatever.just like he's in almost every critics top 5 as a rapper but some people will still say a bunch of nonsense.their called haters I believe

okay, go post the 100 different critics quotes.  I want to see the critics top 5 lists.

I'll say this if any rapper was going to become a big movie star (exception will smith and as a minor movie start mos def) it would probably would've been Tupac.  Today, Common might arise to a role that's more then a henchman and 50 Cent might actually show the world another side of his artistic ability with Cheetah Visions.

Jaydc555

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2009, 12:02:24 PM »
I said top 5 as a rapper...and like I said even if I did it wouldn't matter..but seeing as how I do all my posts on this forum from my phone while I'm at work I don't have the time.that and I don't really care all that much.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2009, 12:30:47 PM »
Who?  :-X

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »
I could post up 100 quotes from critics praising his acting skills and you would still call me a dick rider or whatever.just like he's in almost every critics top 5 as a rapper but some people will still say a bunch of nonsense.their called haters I believe
it is they're not their

Pac is not a top five rapper he is not even in my top ten you are a diccryder but you know that Pac could never do anything wrong Kevin Spacey,Russell Crowe,Denzel Washington Pac is better actors than them too

KC-HOODSTA

Re: JAY ROCK THE BEST THING SINCE PAC???
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2009, 01:01:17 PM »
lol a little early for this

i will say i believe jay rock has the most potential to be something big (strictly rap skills wise) though

co sign this

Jaydc555

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »
Just out of curiousty who's in your top ten yeappp?

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2009, 01:11:57 PM »
I really think Jay Rock is overrated as fuck.. dude has NO breath control at all.. He raps like hes mentally challenged at the slowest pace ever.. really a sleepy flow.. and even though he rappin like he was 90 years old you can hear him catch his breath after EVERY line.. smh..

All-Eyez-On-Me

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm an asshole and I know it
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2009, 01:14:28 PM »
Watch Jay Rock's Daily Video Blog on the Kyte Player posted on the page. We are going to do contests for the most embeds soon so make sure you got the player posted on yo page so you know when the contest is going down. ANd make sure to check out Jay Rock live every Friday to answer fan questions.

8 pm

http://www.kyte.tv/ch/179508-jayrock

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »

in order

Nas
Rakim
Crooked I
Ice Cube
Big Pun
Jay-Z
Biggie
Kool G Rap
Scarface
Canibus

debate any of them you will look foolish I do not want to hear about but pac impact blah blah blah material is my only criteria what you have spit is all that matters esp Jay,Rakim,Nas have a heavy ass impact as well

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2009, 01:35:16 PM »
a lot of similarities.... the small dude with the deep voice, has more songs about growing up and struggling than he does about poppin bottles, in the club with bitches etc... jay rock spits that thug poetry no doubt just look at his first single "all my life" he coulda took the easy route and got t-pain or akon on a hook to blow up but didnt gotta give homie his props "follow me home" is gonna be a classic no doubt....

8)

fuck no, if ur comparin pac, but if not than i gotta say the best thing since pac is ya boy

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2009, 01:41:37 PM »

in order

Nas
Rakim
Crooked I
Ice Cube
Big Pun
Jay-Z
Biggie
Kool G Rap
Scarface
Canibus

debate any of them you will look foolish I do not want to hear about but pac impact blah blah blah material is my only criteria what you have spit is all that matters esp Jay,Rakim,Nas have a heavy ass impact as well

Mos Def,Eminem,Big Daddy Kane are better than Pac too shit Royce is better than Pac too so there is fourteen better than your god

Jaydc555

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »
Fair enough.I mean your top 10 is alright and ill give you props for crooked I.but in all seriousness what do you base your top 10 on?I mean almost everyone on your list bites 2pacs lyrics and style in some way or another.canibus is dope for straight bars but he has no song writing ability what so ever and his albums are usually piss poor.anyone who has notorious big in their list is just caught up in the hype.sure he had some clever lyrics but he had no meaning behind any of it.he had two albums.and the second one was a big drop off from the first he was becoming a pop artist.and jay z?your kidding me?he is the definition of a pop artist.all style no substance.he makes pop records for Teent boppers.he takes pacs me and my gf and re makes it into a straight bubble gum bullshit.not to mention he helped usher in the jiggy era of rap which is why mainstream hip hop is where it is now.I don't know man I just find it funny that most of your list is Influenced by pac,bites his lyrics and re makes his songs.pac had songs for whatever mood you are in.he's the most emulated and bit artist of all time.not to mention the top selling hip hop artist of all time.if you said bar for bar lyrically nah he aint the best.but he substance and purpose.I mean if you want bar for bar thiers a lot of rappers better then big.none of the rappers you list besides nas show any depth.sure their clever but hearing about money drugs and women over and over is tiresome.shit I bet if you asked all living members of your list who their top 5 is pac would be in every one of them.2pac was a once in a lifetime artist.how many people rap about the same tired bullshit as the artist on your list?what because they can say Ill kill you in a more clever way that makes them the best?