Author Topic: 50 Cent looking at March release for new album..  (Read 785 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: 50 Cent looking at March release for new album..
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 02:27:21 PM »
^agreed.

think about Curtis.

I Get Money
Amusement Park
Follow My Lead
Straight To The Bank
Ayo Technology
Fully Loaded Clip

thats six tracks right there that just saturated to radio before the album dropped.

not saying these were good songs; but when i first listened to the album it took a lot away from it when i heard songs i heard like 100 times before.

there's a simple solution to that, stop listening to the radio & screw MTV  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 02:30:52 PM »
^agreed.

think about Curtis.

I Get Money
Amusement Park
Follow My Lead
Straight To The Bank
Ayo Technology
Fully Loaded Clip

thats six tracks right there that just saturated to radio before the album dropped.

not saying these were good songs; but when i first listened to the album it took a lot away from it when i heard songs i heard like 100 times before.

lol, i hear ya.

just its so thrown at you its hard to avoid lol.

50 should just do a better job at holding on to his songs & not letting them leak.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 02:31:55 PM »
^agreed.

think about Curtis.

I Get Money
Amusement Park
Follow My Lead
Straight To The Bank
Ayo Technology
Fully Loaded Clip

lol, i hear ya.

just its so thrown at you its hard to avoid lol.

50 should just do a better job at holding on to his songs & not letting them leak.

true, sometimes it's inevitable  :P

Jaydc555

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 02:57:50 PM »
Or another great move by majors is killing an artists buzz.they have a monster single but then push the album back for 3 months then it flops.majors have no idea what their doing

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 10:46:25 PM »
Or another great move by majors is killing an artists buzz.they have a monster single but then push the album back for 3 months then it flops.majors have no idea what their doing

True that man! 8)

Matty

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 08:19:22 AM »
definitely true. major labels have lost the plot. they might have known how to get numbers before but not anymore. doesn't apply to 50 right now though cause he doesn't have a monster single. his new single was a step down from the previous one (get up). 50 is pure fail.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 08:16:35 PM »
definitely true. major labels have lost the plot. they might have known how to get numbers before but not anymore. doesn't apply to 50 right now though cause he doesn't have a monster single. his new single was a step down from the previous one (get up). 50 is pure fail.

i think 50 just has to understand that he isnt going to sell with that he has given us so far.

what 50 has to realize is that just because no one is buying it, doesnt mean he can just throw out wack music.

sales are overrated. the best hip hop doesnt sell at all. if you want to sell, you have to become a sellout (I.E. Wayne & Kanye).

Matty

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 01:03:17 AM »
he doesn't have to sellout, he already tried that with curtis. his only option is to drop some groundbreaking singles that will be big international hits. unfortunately the industry seems to have dried up when it comes to innovating and making good music.

remember the nelly furtado/justin timberlake albums. pure innovation on the sounds, tim and danja making some stuff that was pop and good music at the same time. i would have thought that dre of all people would be able to give 50 the fire musically to have some smash hits internationally but so far this has not been the case. the business logic behind dropping anything mediocre or even just plain good is complete failure right now. my only assumption is that dre is saving all the good shit for himself/em and couldn't give a crap about 50 not doing so well. strange though cause i would have thought the people at interscope might want 50 to do really good numbers $_$
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:05:22 AM by Matty »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 01:06:24 AM »
he doesn't have to sellout, he already tried that with curtis. his only option is to drop some groundbreaking singles that will be big international hits. unfortunately the industry seems to have dried up when it comes to innovating and making good music.

remember the nelly furtado/justin timberlake albums. pure innovation on the sounds, tim and danja making some stuff that was pop and good music at the same time. i would have thought that dre of all people would be able to give 50 the fire musically to have some smash hits internationally but so far this has not been the case. the business logic behind dropping anything mediocre or even just plain good is complete failure right now. my only assumption is that dre is saving all the good shit for himself/em and couldn't give a crap about 50 not doing so well. strange though cause i would have thought the people at interscope might want 50 to do really good numbers $_$

perhaps 50 cent is to blame for that; no wonder that I Get It In reminds us of Just a lil bit

Matty

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 01:17:51 AM »
maybe but 50 normally knows how to not ruin a crazy beat. remember outta control rmx, pure fire :laugh: 8)

Invincible

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 07:05:34 PM »
Personally, I think he needs to sort out his hook game. From 2003 to 2005, all his hooks were the shit, but since then he hasn't been able to live up to them standards. Basically, none of the hooks are as catchy as back then and I think that is part of the reason that his singles are failing. Examples:

Wanksta
In Da Club
If I Can't
P.I.M.P.
Candy Shop
Just A Lil' Bit
Window Shopper

All those had catchy hooks. Get Up and I Get It In just aren't particularly catchy.

Matty

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 03:34:30 AM »
you forgot about this one 8)

also although 'get up' didn't have the best hook it was very catchy from a musical perspective. can't say the same for 'i get it in'.

Invincible

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 05:29:38 AM »
you forgot about this one 8)

also although 'get up' didn't have the best hook it was very catchy from a musical perspective. can't say the same for 'i get it in'.

Sorry  :laugh:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 08:52:26 AM »
I definetly agree that his hook game is weak lately. GRODT Ost and Yayo's cd was the last time his hooks were great. Because 50 was never a super lyrical rapper but he had a unique delivery and great hooks. He proved on Play This On The Radio, Heartless Monster and Premo track that he can still flow his ass off but I am still not convinced about the hooks. Poor beats and wack hooks were the biggest problems of Curtis and T.O.S.. His ear for beats has luckily returned (Get Up and Get It In are both crazy instrumental wise) but the rest... Then there's also his singles; where he sounds very forced and unrelaxed, desperate to try and recreate In Da Club. My advice to 50: get drunk or high and then write a single.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 09:21:51 AM »
^you guys are forgetting the great hooks he had on The Documentary.

honestly, i wouldnt be surprized if some of that shit would have been on The Massacre. :-\