Author Topic: No Country For Old Men(tality)  (Read 2472 times)

Glasses M

• 'G'
No Country For Old Men(tality)
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:44:17 AM »
I got a question for yalL. What's so bad about this project?

Its Not Anti anyone...

Its Pro Us....

Pro New Shit

Pro Future of the West Coast

Pro Young Artist getting a shot

If you aren't part of the solution, your part of the problem.

Either U wanna ride

or u want the coast to whither up and die............

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: No Country For Old Men(tality)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »
i think some people are having a problem with it, because they think that you guys will take random shots at Snoop & Cube for example.
i know Snoop is twofaced, but i felt that taking shots at Cube would be a bad move.

then again, i don't know what goes on behind the scenes, so if there's something we should know then i don't see the problem either

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 11:00:46 AM »
I got no problem with it at all...I can't wait to hear a project with three of my favorite emcees at the moment...I think it gets hate on this forum becaise so many people on this forum are in love with dpg and because of the whole snoop and crook thing they just say oh its garbage its hate blah blah.they don't want it because they don't want anyone new to shine on the west.and when they want someone new all they say is nipsey hussle can you guess why?their hero snoop co signs him

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
i think some people are having a problem with it, because they think that you guys will take random shots at Snoop & Cube for example.
i know Snoop is twofaced, but i felt that taking shots at Cube would be a bad move.

then again, i don't know what goes on behind the scenes, so if there's something we should know then i don't see the problem either

That's pretty much how I feel too. But I'm definitely waitin for this project...  All 3 are talented artists so it's gonna be dope...

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »
I got no problem with it at all...I can't wait to hear a project with three of my favorite emcees at the moment...I think it gets hate on this forum becaise so many people on this forum are in love with dpg and because of the whole snoop and crook thing they just say oh its garbage its hate blah blah.they don't want it because they don't want anyone new to shine on the west.and when they want someone new all they say is nipsey hussle can you guess why?their hero snoop co signs him

lmao so true, but i'll have to admit that nipsey is dope....
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Trayvone

• 'G'
  • REPPIN NORTH LONG BEACH
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 11:06:52 AM »

Its Not Anti anyone...

Its Pro Us....

Pro New Shit

Either U wanna ride

I don't agree with the "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem". Why does it have to be either, or? If you guys want to band together and try to make new innovative music, that's all good but why are you throwing the vets under the bus? If Snoop or whoever did or said something specifically about you then yeah address it, but it sounds like you guys are just riding on all the vets that aren't vocally supporting yall. It would be great if Dre, Cube, Snoop would work more with more up and coming artists but at the same time they don't owe you guys anything. I just wonder if Bishops gonna include Dre in that list down the line when he realizes that his album willl never be released on Aftermath

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 11:08:04 AM »
Nuttin wrong with it, its new music from 3 most talented artist on the west at this moment, if this project helps the buzz so u can release your debuts thats great.

Bishop, Crooked, Glasses never dissed the old west, dudes just tryn to make a point here, make some unity and change some of that old mentality thats hurtin young upcoming artists.

Everything is evolving, so does westcoast music and old mentality dudes like snoop and cube who enjoy music worlds respect need to support young upcoming artists.

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN....!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Jaydc555

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:10:30 AM »
Yeah nipsey is dope that's true but he aint on other peoples in the wests level.if tommorow snoop said crooked I is the shit he's my homey all these kids would be all over crooks nuts in this forum

Jaydc555

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »
Its the same people into this whole anti bishop anti dre shit that's going around this forum.but as soon as detox and reformation drops they will be buying 5 copies each because they music will bang.the shit gives me the giggles

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »
I'm not waiting it cauz don't really feel Bishop (only on "In The Midnight Hour" by Warren G) & don't like Crook

Luv what u did with Kurupt & K-Boy(i not sure thats him) on "Swagger Like Cuzz"

EFFeX

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I mean I love the idea of "New West" and all that. However, I just think some fans wonder what is the point of even bringing up individuals that aren't helping you out? I mean if they aren't giving you promotion, why give them "promotion". Even mentioning someone's name is free promotion. Feel me? Personally, I just want to hear new music in any format, but is it worth taking the time to even take shots at these other guys? I don't know... I'm sure you guys have it figured out.

Anyway, the other thing that could be a little sketchy is that no matter what, even if someone has a problem with a Snoop or a Cube, some of the biggest Malone/Crooked/Bishop fans are also huge fans of Snoop and Cube. Might be a conflict of interest? Not for me personally, I don't get involved in another man's personal business, but you see where I'm coming from?

Just bringing up different points to consider, I'm still looking forward to the project though, I'm hoping that it drops soon cause we been hearing about this for a minute.

BIGWORM

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 11:52:41 AM »
This project is extremely sick because it's got 3 of the dopest up and coming west coast artists. I think the project should you guys should show case your skills and show not just the west coast but the wold what you 3 are capable of.

However if you guys plan on taking a negative route and start disrespecting people IT WILL BACK FIRE IN ALL 3 OF YOUR FACES. You guys must remember that all money is good money and all fans are good fans. By going at certain artists you are black balling your self not just by the artist but by maybe losing the support of people in the future that are ready to support you guys.

Yeah we all know that allot of the older artists are past there prime and can't do the things that they used to on the mic. But it shouldn't be about them it should be about you guys. What you guys don't plan on rapping when your older? GM your a Jigga fan fuck you even like his wack album and stand up for him so why don't you tell him to hang up his mic.

You and Crooked are on the right path moving in silence but your boy Bishop seems recently to be just as Bi-polar as The Game.

Bottom line I'm a fan of all 3 of you m.c's there is no denying that you guys are better then 95 percent of the rappers out now. Keep this project positive and stop confusing the fans!

BigEEE

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »
I think people have a problem because growing up Snoop and Cube were our super heroes. So to now go out and bash these dudes is pretty harsh, and I can see why many wont like that. I think as long as the musics good, there's really no reason to bash on these vets.

penenstamp

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »

Its Not Anti anyone...

Its Pro Us....

Pro New Shit

Either U wanna ride

I think I speak for most people when I say that I hope the subject matter is not going to be how Snoop didn't do enough for the 'New West'. Snoop has done plenty enough for new artists. The only artist Snoop ever owed something to was Dr. Dre & he served Dre well, I believe.

Crooked I always always brings heat, but I was disappointed with Block Obama II. Bishop Lamont is hit or miss, but usually miss... he'll be the weakest link in the group. You, Glasses Malone, are far from the best rapper alive, but I like most of the stuff I hear from you.

All in all it should be a nice little project, but please let the lyrics be for grown ups. I don't want to hear about a childish beef, about how you'd kiss a lady and also not about sticking guns against someone's head. You're not 50 Cent. Thank god you're not.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
I think Bishop made it clear it's not even about promotion or vocal support.  He straight out said that if you're not fucking with us fine, it's all good just don't have your entire camp ignore us.  Because Cube and Snoop are major players that have a lot of influence, they have a lot of contacts.  All Bishop said was he still wants to fuck with other artists that are Snoop's or Cube's boys.  It's seems Snoop and Cube might have that 50 cent mentality - if I ain't cool with him, ya'll shouldn't be either.

God Damn, this is good for the west coast.  It's great promotion for all three of you.  Especially since Crooked is in Slaughterhouse.  In interviews and the such he can bring up this group - more publicity.  I'm all for you three doing this group.  I'm hungry for new material from each of you.