Author Topic: No Country For Old Men(tality)  (Read 2553 times)

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: No Country For Old Men(tality)
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2009, 08:36:56 AM »
^^
yeh i said it.
who cares if daz's lyrical skills aint all that. he knows how to make hits.
how many hits has bishop made? lol i rest my case!  :D

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 08:44:37 AM »
he knows how to make hits.

that was back in 95-98
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Jaydc555

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2009, 08:57:17 AM »
As a solo artist what hits does daz have?in california?even that wasn't really very big.

MediumL

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2009, 09:05:43 AM »
tbh the west aint gonna blow up unless they do something new. If i wanna listen to dope west coast gangsta albums theres tons. Come wit a new sound or somethin. At least hyphy was abit different even if it didnt get the attention it was predicted. I think the west should quickly hop on the synth music if they wanna get noticed.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2009, 09:40:54 AM »
Fuck the slaughter house shit this is the shit I wanna st8 west coast gangsta mcs at its finest what up malone
Bullets aint got no names

Paul

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2009, 09:47:35 AM »
As a solo artist what hits does daz have?in california?even that wasn't really very big.

I think he meant as a producer too, and he made several massive hits at the time, 2 of Amerikas most wanted, I aint mad at cha, doggfather, etc

Back on topic, hope they get some Khalil production on this
funkyfreshintheflesh

Jaydc555

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »
That's true buts it well known that soopafly helped on those productions as did others.that's why daz can't re create the magic.....I think its a testament to crooked I's versatility to be able to do a project lik this and a project like slaughterhouse plus solo stuff

penenstamp

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
That's true buts it well known that soopafly helped on those productions as did others.that's why daz can't re create the magic.....I think its a testament to crooked I's versatility to be able to do a project lik this and a project like slaughterhouse plus solo stuff

I'm big on Crooked I, but how does that show versatility?

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »
Anything pro West - I'm cool with it.

Bishop, Glasses & Crooked on the same record - sounds good to me.

But the ideas we've been hearing about this tape - that you'd slam Cube & co. for not showing you love or supporting you or whatever - that just sounds dumb to me. 'Cause if it wasn't for the vets like Cube & Snoop, there'd be no West Coast Hip-Hop today and there'd be no Crooked I, Bishop Lamont or Glasses Malone. The way I see it is the newcomers need to show proper respect to those who paved the way. You give respect, you'll get respect back.

I'll judge the tape only when I'll hear it, but so far the image that we've got about the tape is that you guys (Glasses, Crooked & Bishop) will be going at the older cats, and to me that's a bad move. I mean how would you rank up in the army if you went around talking shit about your superior officers? I'm not saying that they're the boss of you, but you get the picture.

it is like you did not read Glasses post or hear Bishop interview on this it is not like Cube and Snoop are receptive,and showing any love to them it goes beyond who the fucc you are on a different level you are a human being first and foremost beyond everything so if you can not respect someone on that level how can you on any other as a rapper,man,west coast native ect

Wow. I never figured the older cats had problems recognizing the new generations worth as human beings. ::)
guess what I said went over your head no surprise more dumb people than not

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2009, 11:56:56 AM »
This is what the westcoast need.crooked i doing a album with bishop lamount.thats crazy right there.If they had sly boogy in the group then it a be problem.I think snoop need to be dissed 4 all the shit he was talking,like crooked is wack or something.He disrespected crooked and bishop for no damn reason.He have no respect for crooked or bishop.But i dont feel ice cube should be dissed.I never heard ice cube say nothing bad about crooked i or bishop.

Cube was asked about glasses,and bishop then acted like he does not know who he is when they have meet him phillip took exception to this as it is disrespectful

Jaydc555

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2009, 12:21:44 PM »
Its shows versatility because crook can spit with anyone on any style and not sound out of place.he can do westcoast gangsta shit with glasses and then turn around and get on a new York lyrical tip with budden and still putshine them.I mean he can get on a track with ashanti and make it work then do a track with immortal technique and get political and even putshine immortal which is no easy feat

Jimmy H.

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2009, 12:40:06 PM »
Its shows versatility because crook can spit with anyone on any style and not sound out of place.he can do westcoast gangsta shit with glasses and then turn around and get on a new York lyrical tip with budden and still putshine them.I mean he can get on a track with ashanti and make it work then do a track with immortal technique and get political and even putshine immortal which is no easy feat
Isn't Slaughterhouse supposed to be a multi-regional concept though? He got Crook from the West and Royce in Detriot. I never thought of it as being a New York kind of group.

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2009, 12:42:52 PM »
Immortal Technique is so dope his flow is always off but his lyrics are always too fuccin' dope to ignore it makes you forget about his flow

Jaydc555

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2009, 12:53:41 PM »
Well I guess it is but it sounds new yorkish to me.from the production so far to the people they are working with like nino and Charles Hamilton

yeapp

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2009, 01:05:41 PM »
Well I guess it is but it sounds new yorkish to me.from the production so far to the people they are working with like nino and Charles Hamilton

I hope Charles Has nothing to do with this project happy they scrapped that swagga like us with Charles on it wtf they thinking not putting Ortiz on it if you watch one of the videos they like call Crooked,and Charles I am so happy Hamilton over rated ass is not apart of this group