Author Topic: Your Top 10 Albums Of All Time (2009 Edition)  (Read 1092 times)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: Your Top 10 Albums Of All Time (2009 Edition)
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2009, 10:32:08 PM »
Honarable mentions: Eminem-mmlp, biggie-ready to die,jay z-blueprint, J dilla-donuts, pac- makaveli, budden-mm2 n 3...and a bunch of other shit by other ppl  :P

did you really just throw mixtapes in a best albums of all time discussion? :D :P ;D
those arent mixtapes to me...especially since u can get 2 without dj n shit n 3 is sold in stores mood muzik 3 the album

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2009, 10:33:45 PM »
yeah restless was on some other shit, his previous sound was dope but RESTLESS damn that shit is a classic and xzibit at his finest
WE INFLUNCED THE WORLD!!

HAHA GET YOUR WALK ON, GET YOUR HEAD RIGHT!!!

^ya, prod. was NUTS on Restless..that was the first X album to have a straight "west coast" feel to it, i think thats why on dubcc it's his most appreciated. Lyrically he was much stronger on the first 2 albums, but the prod. seemed more east coast based.

but the beats were good enough for me on his first two where with the lyrics i could call it classic, to me anyway & Restless had the best bangers & he was still less lyrical, but still enough for me to call that classic lol.

Xzibit never ceases to amaze me lol.

i thought Full Circle was good. 8/10 for me; hopefully him & Jelly Roll give us that BOMB-ASS SHIT! 8)
restless to me was one of the best produced cds
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2009, 10:34:46 PM »
yeah restless was on some other shit, his previous sound was dope but RESTLESS damn that shit is a classic and xzibit at his finest
WE INFLUNCED THE WORLD!!

HAHA GET YOUR WALK ON, GET YOUR HEAD RIGHT!!!

^ya, prod. was NUTS on Restless..that was the first X album to have a straight "west coast" feel to it, i think thats why on dubcc it's his most appreciated. Lyrically he was much stronger on the first 2 albums, but the prod. seemed more east coast based.

but the beats were good enough for me on his first two where with the lyrics i could call it classic, to me anyway & Restless had the best bangers & he was still less lyrical, but still enough for me to call that classic lol.

i thought Full Circle was good. 8/10 for me; hopefully him & Jelly Roll give us that BOMB-ASS SHIT! 8)
i culd still listen ot tht cd from 1 to 16  8)

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2009, 10:35:04 PM »

definatly one of them; West Coast produced anyway.

some people have a strong liking to East Coast beats & might have there own argument there; but Restless stands out as a greatly produced West Coast album.

honestly, i would throw it in any discussion regarding the best produced albums though. 8)

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »

all 3 are definitely classic
xzibit has NEVER disappointed me
i truly LOVE his albums
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »

i truly LOVE his albums
exact same feelin to me hes one of the mos consistant rappers

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2009, 10:40:02 PM »

i truly LOVE his albums

could be THE most consistant in the game; or at least make an argument for it.

Weapons of Mass Destruction was awesome, imo.

it had it all for me; all different kinds of tracks, with different meanings & threw in his share of bangers.

i could listen to LAX (Xzibit's song; not to confuse it with Game lol) 20 times straight lol.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 10:41:51 PM »

i truly LOVE his albums

could be THE most consistant in the game; or at least make an argument for it.

Weapons of Mass Destruction was awesome, imo.

it had it all for me; all different kinds of tracks, with different meanings & threw in his share of bangers.

i could listen to LAX (Xzibit's song; not to confuse it with Game lol) 20 times straight lol.
Back to the way it was...is the SHIT...tht album is very underrated

herpes

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »
After his first two albums it's been all downhill for Xzibit.  But at the speed of life and 40 dayz and 40 night are 4.5/5 albums.

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2009, 10:44:49 PM »
I fuckin loved "Weapons of Mass Destruction." Like a personal classic for me. dunno how people didnt like it. will always love that album!

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2009, 10:46:08 PM »
After his first two albums it's been all downhill for Xzibit.  But at the speed of life and 40 dayz and 40 night are 4.5/5 albums.

like Luna said, his first two werent fully West Coast produced; like have that feel to it.

& i noticed your a East Coast kind of guy; which isnt a bad thing, i love East Coast too & i am sure you got some love for the West, but i feel like i understand why you think the way you do about his first two albums compared to after that.

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2009, 10:47:55 PM »
I fuckin loved "Weapons of Mass Destruction." Like a personal classic for me. dunno how people didnt like it. will always love that album!

i could listen 1 to 14 over & over again! 8)

Mutha Fucka & Beware Of Us (really got me into SAS) on the replay ALL FUCKING DAY! 8)

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2009, 10:48:18 PM »

like Luna said, his first two werent fully West Coast produced; like have that feel to it.

& i noticed your a East Coast kind of guy; which isnt a bad thing, i love East Coast too & i am sure you got some love for the West, but i feel like i understand why you think the way you do about his first two albums compared to after that.
agreed with cham click..i see why

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »

Mutha Fucka & Beware Of Us (really got me into SAS) on the replay ALL FUCKING DAY! 8)
beware of us is a banger...the only bad song on tht album was the single hey now

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »

beware of us is a banger...the only bad song on tht album was the single hey now

i like his flow on that song & Hilson on the hook wasnt all that bad.

it might have been the weakest song; but i can groove to that shit! :P

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2009, 10:54:44 PM »

probably my 2 fav tracks on that album  8)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2009, 10:56:18 PM »

it wasent TERRIBLE but not an xzibit type of song same with wat he did on concentrate

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »

it wasent TERRIBLE but not an xzibit type of song same with wat he did on concentrate

lmao!

Concentrate is probably my least favorite Xzibit song of all time; it was just really weak, imo.

but the production & overall goodness of Full Circle kind of let me just blind eye that one song lol.

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2009, 11:04:35 PM »
ya, i really also dislike Concentrate. Worst X song ever.

That album flopped so bad :-\

17K sold 1st week :-X

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2009, 11:07:03 PM »

well it didnt get much promotion, x isnt the kinda guy tht goes crzy for sales tho

herpes

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2009, 11:23:58 PM »

Nah it's not that.  Well I do prefer the east coast sound over the west but on restless he went too commercial with his sound.  Plus he fell of a tad bit as a lyricist.  Nothing to drastic he just seemed like a different emcee.  Restless was still a good album don't get wrong.  Then you had man vs machine which the entire LP wasn't anything special except release date and couple of other tracks I can't remember b/c it's been a long time since I put in the cd player. And then after that I just stopped caring lol.  Someone up his best tracks off his past two albums and up them for me because his good music is as good as anyone in the game.

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2009, 11:59:08 PM »

well it didnt get much promotion, x isnt the kinda guy tht goes crzy for sales tho
true but restless went 2x plat and MVM/WOMD both went gold

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »

true but restless went 2x plat and MVM/WOMD both went gold
yea but dre was behind him there

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2009, 09:43:10 AM »
^not for WoMD, but whatever, that deserved it! 8)

for Tommy,

<----L.A.X.

<----Thank You

<----Beware of Us (featuring SAS)

<----Mutha Fucka

<----Back To The Way It Was

<---- Saturday Night Live (featuring Jelly Roll & i think Krondon lol) (CLUB BANGER! ;) 8) ;D)

ill admit he isnt where he was back in the day, but still making great music, imo. 8)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2009, 10:04:32 AM »
^not for WoMD, but whatever, that deserved it! 8)

for Tommy,

<----L.A.X.

<----Thank You

<----Beware of Us (featuring SAS)

<----Mutha Fucka

<----Back To The Way It Was

<---- Saturday Night Live (featuring Jelly Roll & i think Krondon lol) (CLUB BANGER! ;) 8) ;D)

ill admit he isnt where he was back in the day, but still making great music, imo. 8)

ik it deserved it so did full circle i never said they didnt but its tht he was on a label tht dont do much promotion...not complaining or nything