Author Topic: T Shirt Hell going out of business!  (Read 544 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: T Shirt Hell going out of business!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »
good for America

when you voice your opinions strong enough, you win.

GO CELTICS
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 05:54:29 PM »
LMAO@bunny hug.

"I'm wearing a bunny hug" would make a good novelty hoody.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 06:15:18 PM »
thats some gay shit

OchoCinco

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 06:16:46 PM »
fuck u guys. i unno why ppl around here call it a bunny hug, its just wat ive always herd

Chief

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 03:16:01 AM »
LMFAO @ bunny hug, i had no fuckin idea what you were on about

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 04:30:42 AM »
LMFAO @ bunny hug, i had no fuckin idea what you were on about

same.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 05:48:44 AM »
lol I thought Bunny Hug was like some Hello Kitty type shit when I first read that. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 05:51:45 AM »
I got my bunny hug on and my gun in my pants

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 01:36:11 AM »
I bought a couple back in the day.

LMAO @ bunny hug

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 01:57:13 PM »
bunny hug is still some gay shit

OchoCinco

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:08 PM »
yea fuck all u haha, it does sound pretty gay now that i think about it but i mean that doesnt cross my mind really cus i always heard it called that.

Bunny hugs fit province perfectly
Unique moniker for hooded sweatshirt may be Sask.-only term
Janet French, The StarPhoenix
Published: Monday, April 16, 2007
It shares its name with a dance move from 1912, and was once also called a "cotton popover" and a "kangaroo sweatshirt."

What the majority of the English-speaking world refers to as the hooded sweatshirt, or hoodie, is known in Saskatchewan as the bunny hug. Now, a University of Saskatchewan student has decided to find out where this puzzling term comes from.

Tyler Cottenie, a 21-year-old linguistics major originally from Yorkton, only recently learned his beloved bunny hug was a Saskatchewan-only phenomenon.

Font:****He can still remember the first time he heard the term -- at age six, when his mother asked if he'd like to order a bunny hug from a catalogue of apparel his school was selling.

"I remember thinking, 'What is that?' Then she told me, and I thought, 'Bunny hug, man, that really doesn't make any sense at all,' " Cottenie said.

When an opportunity arose this year to research the origin of a word for his History of English Language class, he hopped right on bunny hug.

What he found is that, along with a sprinkling of western Manitobans, bunny hug is recognized and used in lieu of hoodie across much of Saskatchewan, especially by people in their 40s.

But watch out -- the term bunny hug could one day be an endangered species, especially in Moose Jaw and southwestern Saskatchewan.

"With younger people, like high school age, it seems to be losing ground all over the place," Cottenie said.

He surveyed about 50 people across Saskatchewan and outside its borders in Alberta, North Dakota and Manitoba, asking if they knew the word, if they used the word and where their parents came from.

From Estevan to Pierceland, the bunny hug was common currency.

Bunny hug wasn't able to burrow under borders to the west or south, though. One survey respondent from Lloydminster reported people on the Alberta side of the border city say hoodie, while their Saskatchewan neighbours stick with bunny hug. A couple of North Dakota students had never heard the term before.

Then Cottenie turned to the repositories of Canadian fashion history -- dog-eared Eaton's and Sears catalogues from decades ago.

The hooded sweatshirt first surfaced in the 1959-60 fall and winter Eaton's catalogue as a children's fleece-lined hooded sweater, but without a distinctive front pouch, according to Cottenie. The pouch appeared in the following year's catalogue and, by 1964, the sweatshirts were sold for men, girls and boys. A similar garment didn't appear in the Sears catalogue until 1976.

Scanning old U of S and Saskatoon high school yearbooks, Cottenie found no one was wearing bunny hugs to school until the early 1970s.

Where the term bunny hug came from is still open to interpretation, Cottenie said.

The Bunny Hug is also a sultry dance move that originated in the early 1900s.

"It was basically the two dancers grinding together," Cottenie said. "I don't know how that could have a link with this sweatshirt."

It's more likely the shirt's name has a link to the Bunny Hop dance -- a 1950s craze in which people formed a chain by wrapping their arms around the waist of the person in front of them.

OchoCinco

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 08:23:40 AM »
http://www.tshirthell.com/hello.php

i knew he done this before...just like 50 cent creates beef to get attention, this guy says hes gonna shut down. 

it probably worked tho...a lot of dumb fucks probably ordered a grip of shit thinking they were actually shutting down...he claims to sell thousands of tshirts a week..prolly makes close or more than a million a year.  why the fuck would he shut down??!! lol

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 08:45:19 AM »
http://www.tshirthell.com/hello.php

i knew he done this before...just like 50 cent creates beef to get attention, this guy says hes gonna shut down. 

it probably worked tho...a lot of dumb fucks probably ordered a grip of shit thinking they were actually shutting down...he claims to sell thousands of tshirts a week..prolly makes close or more than a million a year.  why the fuck would he shut down??!! lol

Haha, yeah. I thought the same. Almost falled for it, lol

kemizt