Author Topic: news on kurupt/quik album  (Read 2184 times)

penenstamp

Re: news on kurupt/quik album
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 06:58:06 AM »
I don't really see the connection between Quik and Kurupt.
Don't get me wrong Kurupt and Quik is on my top 5 list list as far as MC/Producers go.... but together?

No way! "Can't Go Wrong" is one of Kurupt's best songs 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 07:17:35 AM »
Yeah Skee was saying this on twitter as he was in the studio with Quik, Kurupt and Terrace. He said Quik recreated the 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted beat using the same instruments and Kurupt was freestyling to it.
i admit that i'm not buying into the hype around this project, on this forum,
but that sounds cool actually  ;)

Okka

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 07:18:55 AM »
"Can't Go Wrong" is one of Kurupt's best songs 8)

They should have Butch Cassidy doin' some hooks on the new album, he was so smooth on "Can't Go Wrong".

penenstamp

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 07:24:01 AM »
"Can't Go Wrong" is one of Kurupt's best songs 8)

They should have Butch Cassidy doin' some hooks on the new album, he was so smooth on "Can't Go Wrong".

Butch Cassidy fell off, but if he makes a top performance I don't mind him... but damn, it "Can't Go Wrong" when you get an album by Kurupt & DJ Quik ;D

Smoke

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 07:26:21 AM »
i was there with them too, look for some footage. Quik, Kurupt, Terrace, G One.

damn homie drop this footage for us, please

k1000

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 07:30:24 AM »

that's what is interesting about that project : we don't really know what to expect. it's a good way to avoid disappointment and it's the reason why i anticipate blaqkout. hope i wont be disappointed though  :P.

Maaat

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 08:16:21 AM »

that's what is interesting about that project : we don't really know what to expect. it's a good way to avoid disappointment and it's the reason why i anticipate blaqkout. hope i wont be disappointed though  :P.

the same to me...at least april is not far away

Matty

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 08:30:24 AM »
well quik has said its gonna be a more commercial kind of vibe so some people are definitely going to dislike it for that reason. personally i anticipate it more cause its not gonna be on no fixxers shit, its gonna be a crazy new twist on the quik sound...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:47:30 AM by Matty »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 08:31:50 AM »
well quik has said its gonna be a more commercial kind of vibe so people are going to dislike it for that reason. personally i anticipate it more cause its not gonna be on no fixxers shit, its gonna be a crazy new twist on the quik sound...

lol i can picture the flood of topics already  :laugh:

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 08:55:27 AM »
well quik has said its gonna be a more commercial kind of vibe so some people are definitely going to dislike it for that reason. personally i anticipate it more cause its not gonna be on no fixxers shit, its gonna be a crazy new twist on the quik sound...

That's cool....Quik can keep progressing his sound, Kurupt coming nice on the mic lately. I'm sure the sound won't be as basic as the Fixxers stuff.

And let's be honest, anyone who thinks this will be Safe + Sound crossed with Dogg Food is in for a disappointment.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »
Can't Go Wrong is an awsome track. So, any word if Rakim is on the album/single ?

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 09:38:36 AM »
First single: DJ QUIK KURUPT & RAKIM ON A DOPE QUIK BEAT AND A DOPE VIDEO!!! :o

sounds too good :)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 09:40:23 AM »
This is some great news. This album is gonna be great, its true that Kurupt and Quik didnt work so much but CANT GO WRONG is a fuckin classic. DJ Quik Kurupt and Butch!!!!!!!!  HELL YEAH

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

We Fly High

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 10:21:56 AM »
Can't Go Wrong is an awsome track. So, any word if Rakim is on the album/single ?

He is not.

Singles should be serviced to radio next Tues i believe.. so for LA folks you will probably hear it on the New at 2 on power 106.

penenstamp

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »

He is not.

Singles should be serviced to radio next Tues i believe.. so for LA folks you will probably hear it on the New at 2 on power 106.

Nice 8). Do you have an album release date?