Author Topic: news on kurupt/quik album  (Read 2191 times)

Klue

Re: news on kurupt/quik album
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 10:35:14 AM »
in april. great news!

Matty

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »
hope dubcnn will be coming through with the internet premiere of the single/promo shortly after 8)

Chad Vader

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 01:07:30 PM »

I don't really see the connection between Quik and Kurupt.

that's what is interesting about that project : we don't really know what to expect. it's a good way to avoid disappointment and it's the reason why i anticipate blaqkout. hope i wont be disappointed though  :P.

True that,lets hope they make me eat my socks and come up with some dope ass shit. I love suprises  ;)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »
to be fair there hasn't been that many quik/kurupt collabs with q on production but that makes it all the more exciting. 'cant go wrong' is absolutely classic 8)

that shit is average  :P
Common I LOVE Quik and Kurupt.... but like I said lets hope they prove me wrong  ;)

quik ...the only rapper he had that had a raw style but could spit was mausberg..

rest the dead..

mausberg was a dumb down kurupt in my opinion... n him n big saccs made mausie a helluva album..

n not to mention... how he quickly him suga free made street gospel..n how that turned out..n free jus spits ol richard pryor, dolemite and lawanda page jokes on wax

i mean look what he did for shaq..made shaq into rakim...lol

kurupt can actually spit n its been a long time since he a-b class producer to show raw naked skills on it..

before i die.. i want quik to go find whatever rock peter gunnz is under n put that peter gunnz quik album together...

Chad Vader

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 01:29:07 PM »
to be fair there hasn't been that many quik/kurupt collabs with q on production but that makes it all the more exciting. 'cant go wrong' is absolutely classic 8)

that shit is average  :P
Common I LOVE Quik and Kurupt.... but like I said lets hope they prove me wrong  ;)

quik ...the only rapper he had that had a raw style but could spit was mausberg..

rest the dead..

mausberg was a dumb down kurupt in my opinion... n him n big saccs made mausie a helluva album..

n not to mention... how he quickly him suga free made street gospel..n how that turned out..n free jus spits ol richard pryor, dolemite and lawanda page jokes on wax

i mean look what he did for shaq..made shaq into rakim...lol

kurupt can actually spit n its been a long time since he a-b class producer to show raw naked skills on it..

before i die.. i want quik to go find whatever rock peter gunnz is under n put that peter gunnz quik album together...

Quik has had a lot off dope cats under his wing;
Sugafree,Playa Ham and Mausberg all had heat....
Quiks beats fit perfect with them,but as I said I don't see the connection with Kurupt.  :P

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »
Damnnn this should be dope, "Cant Go Wrong" was fire. 2 of the best, hopefully this gets some mainstream shine!

Rick McCrank

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »
patiently waiting...

Matty

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 02:37:26 PM »
i think if anyone expects this one to show kurupts raw mc skills to the maximum then i reckon they'll be dissapointed. his other projects in the pipeline will probably be a better example of that. like they already said this is gonna be a fun, trendy record. i'm sure kurupt will strike a balance between spitting and just having fun and getting funky on the crazy beats. personally i can't wait but there will be people who are underwhelmed and won't like the vibe, saying it's corny or whatever.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 06:02:07 PM by Matty »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »
anyone have a tracklist or info on what the first single will be?

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 03:24:53 PM »
I will Buy this Fo Sho!

Should Be Bangin! 8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

dereman95@yahoo.com

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2009, 04:35:16 PM »
I think the album is going to be dope but may be quick let other produce to like sooapafly, tracc, daz, warren and others do some of the production too and mix it all him self. what do u all think
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:56:14 PM by dereman95@yahoo.com »

k1000

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »
not sure but i think i've read that quik would spit rhymes too. is that right ?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2009, 05:13:49 PM »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2009, 05:19:29 PM »
yeah but thats cuz two of the best are gettin together for a project that many didnt even see comin
not sure how long theyve been workin on this, but damn seems like they got it done in no time haha

i think if anyone expects this one to show kurupts raw mc skills to the maximum then i reckon they'll be dissapointed. his other projects in the pipeline are probably be a better example of that. like they already said this is gonna be a fun, trendy record. i'm sure kurupt will strike a balance between spitting and just having fun and getting funky on the crazy beats. personally i can't wait but there will be people who are underwhelmed and won't like the vibe, saying it's corny or whatever.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2009, 06:47:49 PM »
I'm sorry, but I am not getting my hopes up. When it comes to release dates of singles and albums, DJ Quik is fucking horrible. I'll be content when it actually drops.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!