Author Topic: news on kurupt/quik album  (Read 2188 times)

Dopeisjay

Re: news on kurupt/quik album
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »
From what i know on the feature's from the last time i was in studio..
i know they had "Problem, Yo-Yo, Trigga tre mack, and i know Quik was talkin to raekwon at that time..
as for what the final results for the features.. i dunno.. i havent been to the studio recently so im not sure.. i'd want to find out though.. but we'll just have to wait and see.. and believe me, from what i got to hear.. Quik cooke'd up some monsters.. but lets just wait and see for the final results

Lunatic

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
i know they had "Problem, Yo-Yo, Trigga tre mack, and i know Quik was talkin to raekwon at that time..
as for what the final results for the features.. i dunno.. i havent been to the studio recently so im not sure.. i'd want to find out though.. but we'll just have to wait and see.. and believe me, from what i got to hear.. Quik cooke'd up some monsters.. but lets just wait and see for the final results
u fuck with quik like that? i didnt even know homie
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dopeisjay

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2009, 08:45:35 PM »
Yeah through my homie, i've gone to some studio session's..
and i mean the time's that i've been there quik's just one busy dude..
runnin from place to place.. lol.. getting his shit done.. but i mean it's been a min since i've been to the studio..
but im sure many of you wont be dissapointed.. it's a strong album.. from what i know.. i heard a track terrace and quik made together..
but im not sure if it'll be on the album.. but it was a very smooth synthy track.. 

Lunatic

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2009, 08:46:39 PM »
^cool shit, props for sharing. good to hear he stay busy. cant wait to hear it all!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 08:50:48 PM »
Yeah through my homie, i've gone to some studio session's..
and i mean the time's that i've been there quik's just one busy dude..
runnin from place to place.. lol.. getting his shit done.. but i mean it's been a min since i've been to the studio..
but im sure many of you wont be dissapointed.. it's a strong album.. from what i know.. i heard a track terrace and quik made together..
but im not sure if it'll be on the album.. but it was a very smooth synthy track.. 
yea werd thts som cool shit u gotta share som stories lol

MediumL

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »
hope they come good with this. both can be a bit hit and miss in the last couple years. both never reached the level they should have imo.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

2euce 7even

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »
skee heard the album and quoted as "its modern quik & kurupt in pure form.
the word "modern" is scaring me  :-\ i dont want to hear no snare-beats or autotune.
quik´s talkbox YES but no T-Pain shit.
i hope this album will be mixture between dogg food and safe + sound, like the guy said.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2009, 12:08:09 PM »
i hope this album will be mixture between dogg food and safe + sound, like the guy said.

rofl... man you're dreaming. This won't ever happen.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Matty

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2009, 12:24:32 PM »
for real. but if g-one has been involved we can expect some of those classic quik grooves mixed with some more modern instruments. its definitely gonna be a NEW sound for quik.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2009, 01:19:30 PM »
the word "modern" is scaring me  :-\ i dont want to hear no snare-beats or autotune.
I never trust comments like that from artists/producers trying to describe what we can't hear yet.  But like i said in my other post, they played two songs (at least what I heard) on 93.5 Goodfellas Show out here in LA last night.  From what I heard, I can see where Skee might've been going with the 'modern' comment, but no auto-tune or dirty south snares.  Probably was another way to say 'Don't expect Safe&Sound crossed with Dogg Food', like someone else said.  Both tracks are dope and definitely erased any doubts I had,  it just might be the first great album of 2009.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2009, 08:18:11 PM »
I never trust comments like that from artists/producers trying to describe what we can't hear yet.  But like i said in my other post, they played two songs (at least what I heard) on 93.5 Goodfellas Show out here in LA last night.  From what I heard, I can see where Skee might've been going with the 'modern' comment, but no auto-tune or dirty south snares.  Probably was another way to say 'Don't expect Safe&Sound crossed with Dogg Food', like someone else said.  Both tracks are dope and definitely erased any doubts I had,  it just might be the first great album of 2009.

Damn sounds good, surprised noone recorded them off the show!

Not Likely

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2009, 12:07:26 AM »
Quik, Terrace, and Kurupt are always together.

they go together like lamb and tuna fish.

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2009, 10:46:12 AM »
It's amazing a single hasn't popped out of that somewhere...
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2009, 10:49:44 AM »
This album>>>>>>>>>>Detox

mark my words
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

EFFeX

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2009, 11:03:32 AM »
Who cares if this album has a "modern" sound to it, you can't expect these guys to live in the past forever. Don't you want them to be successful? I am not worried one bit, I know both these cats going to come through and drop some heat. Just be open minded.