Author Topic: for all you Cash Money heads... an unreleased Cash Money cover  (Read 246 times)

penenstamp

for all you Cash Money heads... an unreleased Cash Money cover
« on: January 28, 2009, 01:46:02 PM »

Well look what I was able to get my hands on.

Last night I was chatting with Mikk about his days on Cash Money Records, and we laughing about some of their old music videos and then we moved along to the Pen & Pixel album covers that were utilized by No Limit and Cash Money heavily in the late 90's and early 00's.  Mikk then informed me that he had his own Pen & Pixel cover for his indefinitely shelved Cash Money debut, Tears & Pain.  This was something I just had to see, but unfortunately, Mikk didn't have a copy of them anymore.  Well sure enough, I hit up Shawn who used to run Pen & Pixel (and now runs Smartface Media) to see if he had this mysterious cover in his stash, and sure enough, a few hours later I had both of them.

The original cover for Tears & Pain is above and was not approved by Mikkey, so they went back to the drawing board and reshot a second cover.   Now I just gotta get my hands on the album.  Ha!

LOL at the doo-rag!

The Mikk approved cover

http://fakeshoredrive.com/2008/12/mikkeys-unreleased-cash-money-album.html

KURUPTION-81

Re: for all you Cash Money heads... an unreleased Cash Money cover
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »
Never heard of this guy, to be honest neither front cover is that good.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »
I remember him on track with lil Wayne and Mack 10 I think it was called shine?it was a dope video

penenstamp

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 01:51:35 PM »
I remember him on track with lil Wayne and Mack 10 I think it was called shine?it was a dope video

Yep, he was in that. Mikkey was featured on a bunch of Cash Money albums actually, but his album unfortunately never came out. To me Mikkey is one of the best rappers alive and that's not a bold statement.

That www.fakeshoredrive.com website actually does a lot of updates on Mikkey, so search for his name and grab some of his music. It will not disappoint. I promise.

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:03:06 PM »
I remember Wayne said mikkey was the guy that made him want to improve on himself because he was so dope

penenstamp

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 02:05:35 PM »
I remember Wayne said mikkey was the guy that made him want to improve on himself because he was so dope

Mikkey and Gillie gave Lil Wayne lessons in rap and they ghost wrote a whole bunch of shit for Lil Wayne in the time they were on Cash Money.