Author Topic: Springsteen's Halftime Show  (Read 777 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Springsteen's Halftime Show
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 08:40:45 AM »
i see i ya'll goin soft on me.

but i aint goin 10 - 1 though all I'm gonna say is that u live in Canada, and if ur not from the States you just wouldnt understand.  TV and Radio doesn't show the full spectrum.  Hell I aint even from the hood-Hood but once I moved over here (close by, real fuckin close by - 2blocks close by) I still didnt even understand it all until I just adapted and became part of my everyday surroundings and now I can't say I'm no hood nigga but I aint no carlton banks ass nigga either or no yung berg ass nigga either, I've done the dirt most niggaz waz scared to do (and not just for a rep or some shine).  Ya'll keep tryna tell me about Bruce Springsteen and give me some history lessons, but like I mentioned in my first post- the man is a legend, I was never doubting his shine or his name (I just think he's living off his name).  And Jamaicans dont fuck wit blacks in America like that either, we all cool with each other but there's still a funny feelin in the air when it comes to some.  And last I can say we, I've done been thru alot as a black person and an individual, so I deserve the right and I've obtained the knowledge to say we.  Just bcuz I'm on an internet forum doesn't mean I don't have my own backround.  I'm not one of these young ass kids on here still whining about some bullshit.

And I'm no Hendrix but I'm no William Hung neither.  And Go Go music is gonna be the new shit that America falls in love with- you doubt it now but thats the same shit they said about hip hop.  Go Go/Funk/Hip Hop go hand in hand with each, practically synonymous.

What the fuck are you talking about going soft? When was I going hard?

Anyway, the Jamaicans here are like 3rd and 4th generation and they act just like the blacks I've seen in NY when I visited. Some of the slang is a little different but most of it is the same. And anyone that is Jamaican immigrant had it a lot harder in Jamaica than US blacks have it. Stop trying to find excuses for me not to "get" it. Shit, I did a lot things in my teens I'm not very proud of and wouldn't do again, and I'm not going to start blabbing about them on the internet. I've moved past my childish years.

I'm not giving you a Bruce history lesson. You keep saying he's living off his name and that's what I'm trying to debate. If the last 4 albums he released; The Rising, Devils and Dust, Magic, and Working on a Dream were released by a new artist they'd still be 4 of the top albums in music this decade. And if a completely new band put on shows like the one  saw last October they'd be among the best live acts in Music. He's living of his talent, not his name. Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson are living off their names. Bruce still has a bit of his muse left.

You still have given me no argument disputing my lack of evolution claim.

And have not once made any insult towards Gogo music. I never said it wouldn't blow up. I have not doubted anything.

Ok Jimi Hung, let's hear something.

the ghost

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 09:30:55 AM »
I'll say it...outside of a few parts of Maryland, and DC people are not feeling Go Go.  Its been around for years and it has not caught on.  Past a Amerie  or a Jay Z cut, it's safe to say 95% of the population has no idea what Go Go music even is.  Sure it sells out 300 person clubs, but that's big time?  It's cool not to feel the Boss and have your own opinion, but you act like the average person would rather listen to Go Go over one of the largest and well respected American artists of his generation.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 12:48:18 PM »
I'll say it...outside of a few parts of Maryland, and DC people are not feeling Go Go.  Its been around for years and it has not caught on.  Past a Amerie  or a Jay Z cut, it's safe to say 95% of the population has no idea what Go Go music even is.  Sure it sells out 300 person clubs, but that's big time?  It's cool not to feel the Boss and have your own opinion, but you act like the average person would rather listen to Go Go over one of the largest and well respected American artists of his generation.

And outside of a few Black people, we wouldnt listen to Springsteen so wats your point.  I cant debate with people who think GoGo is just some fad or just some local trend when it's been gettin' hot everywhere on the low for a minute.  It's safe to say now especially with Wale out here that GoGo is gonna make a huge leap into the mainstream, yeah it's been slow no doubt but its not like 95% (as u say) of people dont like or never heard of GoGo music.  I wouldnt expect any of ya'll to understand it bcuz the way you talk exposes your backround (whether you're black or white) and I'm havin' a feeling most of ya'll on here are white kids tucked away in the suburbs and your closest visual of the hood is somewhere on the other side of your town or city (which probably isn't all that hard anyways).  But ya'll dont get it and I see.  U act like just bcuz Springsteen is so popular that means everybody should bow down and change their decision about him... Where were you white folx (excuse my Greek) at when 2Pac was gettin bashed by the media and then murdered, same thing with Eazy.  These people mean just as much to us as Springsteen means to you.  Same thing with GoGo music (especially in the DMV).  None of ya'll probably listened to the songs I posted, bcuz if you did I'm 120% positive that ya'll wouldn't be tryna shit on it like u r now.  But I'm jah done with this board.  It's like goin against a prejudice and nyeve congress and expecting some common sense and common ground to come outta this.  If you like Dr. Dre & Jimmii Hendrix & John Lennon & James Brown & fuck it even Bruce Springsteen and you cant respect GoGo music or atleast aknowledge the bomb ass unique and original music that comes outta this then maybe your a faggot and I've musta grown outa tha dubb (and thats prolly not a bad thing).  Bcuz u have to be young and ignorant and a punk to not understand where I'm comin from and ya'll cant be up on the music scene like that if you still post negative shit about this game (everybody has an opinion, but hate is anotha thing).  I aint in my feelinz but if you're telling me JYB or BYB or RE or Chuck cant rock as hard the Bruce & The E Street Band then I'm guessing none of ya'll are really music fans in general in the first place.  Bump those songs I put posted up and you'll see that GoGo is no different from Funk Music & Rock Music & Rap Music, matter of fact it's all of that wrapped into 1, dig that.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 12:53:00 PM by RadioTube! »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »
Nobody is talking about the quality of the music though.  I'm familiar with a few of Wale songs, and I enjoy them a lot actually.  I'm a big indie rock fan myself, and I would never expect or even think that someone like Animal Collective  should play in the Super Bowl.  These guys do have a recently critically acclaimed album too, so they are getting lots of attention right now.  But I can imagine, "Oh and now for the Super Bowl Half Time Show: Animal Collective!"  It will be a bunch of ZzzZzzZzz's in the audience. 

the ghost

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 01:02:21 PM »
Listen, I'm glad you like to drag race into your posts, but I hate to break it to you even black folks aren't all that in to Go Go.  I lived in Maryland for a bit, and worked at a large company while I was there.  Music was a frequent topic of conversation, and I assure you that Go Go was not liked or even known by a vast majority and no they were not all old white dudes. I have listened to quite a bit of it, and I can appreciate the art.  I don't dislike it.  But you seem to think that just because you love it, so should the rest of the world.  I like that you think it may be the next big thing.  Time will tell you may be right, but really take a step back and realize that Bruce has sold more copies of one album than all go go records combined.  And if you think go go has been getting hot on the low......it must be on some stealth fighter technology shit then because even though I'm no music expert, you just don't hear it in other areas of the US.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »
Listen, I'm glad you like to drag race into your posts, but I hate to break it to you even black folks aren't all that in to Go Go.  I lived in Maryland for a bit, and worked at a large company while I was there.  Music was a frequent topic of conversation, and I assure you that Go Go was not liked or even known by a vast majority and no they were not all old white dudes. I have listened to quite a bit of it, and I can appreciate the art.  I don't dislike it.  But you seem to think that just because you love it, so should the rest of the world.  I like that you think it may be the next big thing.  Time will tell you may be right, but really take a step back and realize that Bruce has sold more copies of one album than all go go records combined.  And if you think go go has been getting hot on the low......it must be on some stealth fighter technology shit then because even though I'm no music expert, you just don't hear it in other areas of the US.

Well my opinion doesn't go 4 EVERYBODY but I'm assuming you were talking to old folks (*50 & up*) and squares (you just have to be).  Im not just pulling this shit outta my ass either bcuz of how I feel about it.  And why do you keep mentioning that Springsteen is bigger than any GoGo Band out there, thats only true bcuz he's white and has been exposed in the public eye waay longer than any GoGo Band has been out there (and just bcuz I've mentioned race doesn't mean there's no truth to it/ How many black folks do u know that fuck wit Toby Keith or Sinead O Connor or Celine Deon or Mo' Rocca the comdedian or those BestWeekEver Bamas?).  When GoGo first started to jump off around here Springsteen was already on world tours, I'm not gonna keep biggin' up Bruce in everyone of my topics when cleary I've not hated on that man.  I mean what more do you want me to say about GoGo music & Springsteen??  You're right when it comes to popularity (bruce springsteen & some localers in the DMV) but you're wrong when it comes to the overall aspect of what I'm puttin out there.  We went from did you like the show to Nelly/Diddy  :laugh: to race to this.  I'm keepin it 1000 wit you that Springsteen isn't as big of a hit that you think he is with everybody (he's no James Brown or 2Pac for that matter).  Yeah black people like Bruce Springsteen (some, and mainly old timers) but as far as the 45 & under club Bruce Springsteen is damn near irrelevant (and how do i know this?  bcuz I've traveled around the US and have had many conversations and listened to many different opinions/ military folks - and people hardly mention him on TV on any station whether it's TV1 or VH1).  And GoGo is getting hot in alotta places, hell I didn't even know it was until my cuzzin from Jersey told me about the conventions and my ex girl who moved back down to ATL told me how many people were on it down there (if you sell out everyday almost everyweek and the whole venue is 300/500 or more people, that's pretty damn good).  True it may be no Hip Hop but it's way more popular than the music score channel on DirecTV music channel.  Alot of ya'll dont know about GoGo and I'm not saying everybody is hip to it but facts are facts, this GoGo shit way more popular than you think.  Maybe nobody in your neighborhood has heard of it (besides the people who lived in the DMV) but that doesn't mean the fans ain't out there.  And to the folk that was talking about Animal Collective, I feel you but thats what the industry and entertainment business needs, a new make over.  You know wat I'm saying, it may NEVER be hip to the old white people or the elite older black people (and never will be) but this game needs a complete change in direction- thats whats wrong with it now.  And thats all I was saying about Bruce Springsteen.  I respect him for who he is and what he's done (and thats obviously some amazing shit) but there also comes a time when that Paradime needs a shift *ASAP* and in my opinion and demographics (and not just representin where I'm from) I think GoGo music should be more exposed than it is.  It combines so many different genres of music into one that everything you say is missing in music is all right there.  Now I cant listen to GoGo 24/7 but I cant do that with any genre of music.  Obviously this HipHop game doesn't have the same sound that it had b4 (even though it was just shitty mixing consoles and re-used samples over and over again by everybody thrown behind 1,2 checka rhymes), GoGo should be that next direction.  An MC, Live Band, Original music, and Raw energy.  If you fuse rap, rock, jazz/rnb/blues, funk, and maybe a little country and tweek it to have a it's own-own sound then it can be the new Hip Hop (they've only been gettin better with time).  GoGo Grunge Rock would be the shit.  GoGo Gangsta Rap (BackYard Band) is the shit.  You have to see it.  If you can't dig it like that then fine, but I find it hard to understand how u can crank a Springsteen record but you can't dumb out to a Chuck Brown record.

- WHERE YOU AT AMERICAS NEXT BEST DANCE CREW?? ?? ??  :stir: :rock: :cow: :monkey_dance2: :monkey: :banana_rock: :banana_trippin:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 02:22:38 PM by RadioTube! »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »

Well my opinion doesn't go 4 EVERYBODY but I'm assuming you were talking to old folks (*50 & up*) and squares (you just have to be).  Im not just pulling this shit outta my ass either bcuz of how I feel about it.  And why do you keep mentioning that Springsteen is bigger than any GoGo Band out there, thats only true bcuz he's white and has been exposed in the public eye waay longer than any GoGo Band has been out there (and just bcuz I've mentioned race doesn't mean there's no truth to it/ How many black folks do u know that fuck wit Toby Keith or Sinead O Connor or Celine Deon or Mo' Rocca the comdedian or those BestWeekEver Bamas?).  When GoGo first started to jump off around here Springsteen was already on world tours, I'm not gonna keep biggin' up Bruce in everyone of my topics when cleary I've not hated on that man.  I mean what more do you want me to say about GoGo music & Springsteen??  You're right when it comes to popularity (bruce springsteen & some localers in the DMV) but you're wrong when it comes to the overall aspect of what I'm puttin out there.  We went from did you like the show to Nelly/Diddy  :laugh: to race to this.  I'm keepin it 1000 wit you that Springsteen isn't as big of a hit that you think he is with everybody (he's no James Brown or 2Pac for that matter).  Yeah black people like Bruce Springsteen (some, and mainly old timers) but as far as the 45 & under club Bruce Springsteen is damn near irrelevant (and how do i know this?  bcuz I've traveled around the US and have had many conversations and listened to many different opinions/ military folks - and people hardly mention him on TV on any station whether it's TV1 or VH1).  And GoGo is getting hot in alotta places, hell I didn't even know it was until my cuzzin from Jersey told me about the conventions and my ex girl who moved back down to ATL told me how many people were on it down there (if you sell out everyday almost everyweek and the whole venue is 300/500 or more people, that's pretty damn good).  True it may be no Hip Hop but it's way more popular than the music score channel on DirecTV music channel.  Alot of ya'll dont know about GoGo and I'm not saying everybody is hip to it but facts are facts, this GoGo shit way more popular than you think.  Maybe nobody in your neighborhood has heard of it (besides the people who lived in the DMV) but that doesn't mean the fans ain't out there.  And to the folk that was talking about Animal Collective, I feel you but thats what the industry and entertainment business needs, a new make over.  You know wat I'm saying, it may NEVER be hip to the old white people or the elite older black people (and never will be) but this game needs a complete change in direction- thats whats wrong with it now.  And thats all I was saying about Bruce Springsteen.  I respect him for who he is and what he's done (and thats obviously some amazing shit) but there also comes a time when that Paradime needs a shift *ASAP* and in my opinion and demographics (and not just representin where I'm from) I think GoGo music should be more exposed than it is.  It combines so many different genres of music into one that everything you say is missing in music is all right there.  Now I cant listen to GoGo 24/7 but I cant do that with any genre of music.  Obviously this HipHop game doesn't have the same sound that it had b4 (even though it was just shitty mixing consoles and re-used samples over and over again by everybody thrown behind 1,2 checka rhymes), GoGo should be that next direction.  An MC, Live Band, Original music, and Raw energy.  If you fuse rap, rock, jazz/rnb/blues, funk, and maybe a little country and tweek it to have a it's own-own sound then it can be the new Hip Hop (they've only been gettin better with time).  GoGo Grunge Rock would be the shit.  GoGo Gangsta Rap (BackYard Band) is the shit.  You have to see it.  If you can't dig it like that then fine, but I find it hard to understand how u can crank a Springsteen record but you can't dumb out to a Chuck Brown record.

- WHERE YOU AT AMERICAS NEXT BEST DANCE CREW?? ?? ??  :stir: :rock: :cow: :monkey_dance2: :monkey: :banana_rock: :banana_trippin:

A lot of acts can do this, doesn't mean they deserve to be playing 50k plus venues

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2009, 11:43:33 PM »

A lot of acts can do this, doesn't mean they deserve to be playing 50k plus venues

that may be true with some acts but not Bands like JYB and BYB & RE.  RE used to tour with Luda

but I guess the GoGo gods still cant pack a house like Springsteen huh?  ::)  thay was the main event!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:59:13 PM by RadioTube! »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 12:00:20 AM »
  Cher Chez La Ghost the GoGo "Cher Chez La RE"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:02:50 AM by RadioTube! »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »

to all my folks thats goin thru some shit crank this up and forget about that dum shit. 

Springsteen is a legend but he aint fuckin' wit' my man Smoke on the Congas... NOPE

or Son right here *1st dude*:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnAdxQEbpIQ&NR=1   So Not fuckin wit it

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:34:24 AM by RadioTube! »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2009, 12:38:24 AM »
And last.... the secret recipe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2009, 09:32:12 AM »
In his late 50s, Springsteen can still fuck with anyone.

(same beautiful song as the one above but with E Street)

(great Jimmy Cliff Song reworked)

(trading vocals and guitars with Tom Morello. Tommy goes to town at the end)

(classic)

(same classic 30 years prior)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
Look I'll be fair with you.  A lot of people (white  ;D) love this shit, true but if you ask me it sounds so waay generic and bland.  I listened to only the 1st three i'll admit that only bcuz I didnt like the direction of where it was goin'.  I can't hate on somebody who has a massive following, I'd look retarded.  But if you ask me, even though some people on here dont fuck with GoGo I'd think they'd rather listen to a RawImage album than a Springsteen album anyday.  I respect where your coming from but there's alot of people who aren't on the forefront of the music scene that just rock way harder than them.  Bruce might be able to crank up tha guitar but he can't fuck wit Chuck Brown or my man Smoke when he on the Congas.  (nobody in the EStreet Band is crankin like Smoke)  You can't deny that this shit just sounds way better, well maybe to you you can have a different opinion on that. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2009, 10:38:58 AM »
Look I'll be fair with you.  A lot of people (white  ;D) love this shit, true but if you ask me it sounds so waay generic and bland.  I listened to only the 1st three i'll admit that only bcuz I didnt like the direction of where it was goin'.  I can't hate on somebody who has a massive following, I'd look retarded.  But if you ask me, even though some people on here dont fuck with GoGo I'd think they'd rather listen to a RawImage album than a Springsteen album anyday.  I respect where your coming from but there's alot of people who aren't on the forefront of the music scene that just rock way harder than them.  Bruce might be able to crank up tha guitar but he can't fuck wit Chuck Brown or my man Smoke when he on the Congas.  (nobody in the EStreet Band is crankin like Smoke)  You can't deny that this shit just sounds way better, well maybe to you you can have a different opinion on that. 

Crank up the guitar? He's playing acoustic on the first three. And they aren't even electric songs. They are pre-rock folk songs. How is that in any way generic? Tell you what, I'll listen to everything you posted, loud on my ear phones, and I'll listen more than just a one time skim through, and I'll report back, I'll probably even like most of it, because I listen to everything. But you should do the same before you criticize. I never once on this thread made a negative comment about any go-go track you mentioned, because I'm not so bloated to dismiss what I haven't fully taken in yet.

I can't deny what sounds way better? That's like saying you can't deny salmon tastes better than steak. Two completely different tastes and some people will like one over the other. Only a fool will try and tell someone that they can't deny one tastes better than the other.

It's like my favorite music may be the kind Bruce plays, but I spend as much time listeningto hard core punk these days (Bad BRains, Black Flag), but my favouriter style of drumming to listen to is this

starting at about the 3 minute mark the guy goes on a fucking 3 minute rampage
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:46:16 AM by Shallow »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »

Crank up the guitar? He's playing acoustic on the first three. And they aren't even electric songs. They are pre-rock folk songs. How is that in any way generic? Tell you what, I'll listen to everything you posted, loud on my ear phones, and I'll listen more than just a one time skim through, and I'll report back, I'll probably even like most of it, because I listen to everything. But you should do the same before you criticize. I never once on this thread made a negative comment about any go-go track you mentioned, because I'm not so bloated to dismiss what I haven't fully taken in yet.

I can't deny what sounds way better? That's like saying you can't deny salmon tastes better than steak. Two completely different tastes and some people will like one over the other. Only a fool will try and tell someone that they can't deny one tastes better than the other.

It's like my favorite music may be the kind Bruce plays, but I spend as much time listeningto hard core punk these days (Bad BRains, Black Flag), but my favouriter style of drumming to listen to is this

starting at about the 3 minute mark the guy goes on a fucking 3 minute rampage

So why are talking so hostile?  Are you tryna son me or put me on some shit?  Make yourself clearer next time bcuz I was surely tryna go on u.  Anyways I guess u have a point but I'm still ridin' wit' da locals on this.