Author Topic: Detox Info Being Leaked Daily, All Interesting Info Posted For Those Who Missed  (Read 2039 times)

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this shit yet. Maybe once or twice in the past couple of days but thats it. Some guy on the Kanye forums (of ALL places!) is apparently apart of the Aftermath camp and is dropping mad info on Detox and all Detox/Aftermath related shit. He's been dropping info since around this time last year and goes by the name of Scarves. No idea why he never came here to say anything, but since most of you don't wanna read 108 pages of shit, heres the pick of the litter, everything interesting that the guy has said since the beginning of that thread. The major info (or the shit I found the most interesting) will be in red, but the whole thing NEEDS to be read if you give any amount of a shit about rap. The part at the end, in orange, is the part that had me really thinking:

MARCH 08 It will be out this summer. It's 95% done. The Single and the video are ready. There's 100 records left before the end of the recording sessions.

MARCH 08 Dr. Dre recorded something like 1000+ tracks over 8 years. And now, he needs to record something like 100 tracks before he gets what he want for the end of the album. It's clearly possible. In the studio there are some wings, a guy is recording a track in one, another in another one. And Dr Dre is making his beats in the main studio. Yesterday, it was 3 tracks more. There will be something like 1200 tracks over 8 years, and only 13 (maybe more, it depends of the quality of some tracks) will make the final cut.

MARCH 08 He is not re-recording anything. Some of the records will be re-used for the other aftermath Artists. For exemple "No Stoppin' Carson" is an old production from 2001 (the year, not the album). It was made for the "old" Detox but he gave it to Bishop Lamont. And now this one won't make the final cut on "The Reformation".

MARCH 08 (In response to a guy saying LAX will be the best CD of 08) Your instinct tells you bullshit. Detox will be the revolution. But maybe you're not prepared to that. Be ready: June 3rd. (In a later post) The planning says "June 3rd".

MARCH 08 Dre is working with Game for LAX. I forgot to say something about that. "LAX"? No, he wants to call it "D.O.C: Diary Of Compton". It fits more with the concept. I'll explain: It'll detail a single day in the life where the controversial emcee is murdered in the end, which may or may not symbolize his retirement. Just some info for you: A track title? "L.A. Times". Just Blaze produced on this album. Trackmasters produced 3 beats too. It's 80% done, (will be finished when he's out of jail).

MARCH 08 RZA made some beats for Detox, but that don't necessarily means it will be on it.

MARCH 08 Worked on the cover yesterday. To explain what's happening in the studio, just listen to the beat of that song on The Pope Mobile mixtape. It's from 2001 (the album, not the year) session (1999). Detox is coming sooner than you think.

MARCH 08 (speaking on the cover art) It's hard because he needs to find a clever, sober and timeless cover.

MARCH 08 Ready for the Up In Smoke Tour 2 

MARCH 08 It's hard because the tracklist isn't the final one. Basically, everybody has recorded something on this album. That means, Hittman, Snoop Dogg, D.O.C, Busta Rhymes, 50 Cent, Eminem, Xzibit, Eve, Bishop Lamont, Raekwon, Stat Quo, Marsha Ambrosius, Mary J Blige, Tiffany Villarreal, Jay-Z, The Game, Nate Dogg etc etc... Everybody. It's like "The Return Of The Jedi" in Star Wars.

MARCH 08 (in response to Dre making a blog/site) Too busy. 6am to 11PM 7/7 and sometimes 6am to 3am : D

MARCH 08 (in response to someone saying "perfection isn't acheivable) You'll see... 

MARCH 08 (in response to Dre needing Nate Dogg for Detox/Tour) Well, it's complicated. Because if Dr Dre needs Nate on the tour, it will be a problem. But Nate already recorded some tracks. So it won't be pushed back because of Nate.

MARCH 08 So, 95 tracks left to make

MARCH 08 (asked if he has an idea on who will be featured on the maid single) More than an idea.

MARCH 08 (how many tracks does Dre make a day?) 3 a day in fact. Sometimes 2.

MARCH 08  I'm SURE Dre will sell 1 mill first week. I don't know the future, but if sells depends on the quality, 2 millions is easily possible. Everybody says this about their own albums but, you never heard this type of music. It's better than everything you've heard before. I'm sure about ONE thing, it will influence the hip-hop in the future.

MARCH 08 Dre has worked/is working with a symphony orchestra. If it's not pushed back (again -_-), April. The video shoot will start soon.

MARCH 08 Nobody heard something like this before. Except Martyn, I gave him a 8 second snippet of an unused beat. Unused because it wasn't good enough, and I garantee it's still very good. Martyn said about that: "o shit", "holy shit", "O FUK", "THAT SOUNDS AMAZING".

MARCH 08 (in response to who he is and how he knows all this) I think this is the type of questions with no answers. Like "What was first: the chicken or the egg?"

MARCH 08 (in response to Lil Wayne on Detox) Yeah he wrote, but that don't means it will be used (For the moment, it's unused).

MARCH 08 (will it influence music, chart wise?) I'm absolutely sure of that.

MARCH 08 (speaking on beat with Timbaland) Yeah he worked with some other producers like Timbo (and, exactly, on Shock Value too. On "Bounce"). It's a new type of beat. You'll see. Dre gave something out of this world for Timbo. Bounce is mainly done by Dr Dre. It's an old, a lil bit re-arranged production from 2002. In fact it's like a co-production. Dre did a lot of work on this one with a "timbo-style". We spoke about Bounce, Dre said he's agreed to shoot the video. (If Timbo wants to shoot it).

MARCH 08 We're in 2008: be ready. Snoop recorded some tracks, The Game too.

MARCH 08 (Are Kanye/Lupe/Nas/Pharrell going to be featured?) No

MARCH 08 (Eminem's current status on Detox) Actually, nobody knows.

MARCH 08 Busta Rhymes came at the studio yesterday. Very nice session. (for Detox)

MARCH 08 This session is straight fire. The rap game won't be the same EVER.

MARCH 08 (in response to Detox being pushed back again) It is, but don't worry. It's still 95% done.

MARCH 08 (speaking on Bishop's release dates) 2008/2009. And after this one, there's another album "The Impossible Possible".

APRIL 08 (in response to Detox's new release date) This fall. Almost done.

APRIL 08 I promise you that no one is as driven as Dre is to make Detox FUBAR the competition or anyone who stands in his way. Dre is really trying to leave a permanent dent on the sound of music with the musical atomic bomb he hopes Detox will be. He will unleash a new sound when he's confident it will be good enough and creative enough that the 99 percent who are followers will start to try to recreate and copy the new dre sound. Be ready...

APRIL 08 His anger and will to defeat all those who try to bring him down are having a direct impact on the aggressive nature of his recent productions. Detox is going to be the last thing they remember Dre with as an artist. He wants to drop music that people will remember forever. I really can't describe the sound. Just think of a wall of sound being shaken by a cali earthquake. I don't know what else to say. I just find myself laughing at some of the stuff cause its so goofy. But the aggression of the pace combined with the crazy instrumentations and swirling arsenal of sounds makes for some funky and crazy shit. Detox will include by far the best collection of mc's for any of his solo albums. I will only say that people who say that Dre's sound has become basic and repetitive will be shocked at Detox. Dre's new sound is really innovative, melodic and musical using a huge array of live instruments and orchestral sounds. There is a reason Dre has used a lot of the same style the last few years. It has been done on purpose. One, people used to his current sound, Detox will amaze them cause it is so different. And two, Dre refused to copy anyone else, he will stick with one sound til he creates another innovative sound to change the game. and believe me dre will change the game on Detox. Each song will contionously change in pace, agressiveness, pitch and instruments. It will be nothing as you have ever quite heard before. Yes Dre has been getting instrumentals from top producers all over the hip hop nation. Mostly for backup in case Dre just can't come up with enough on his own, but some will probably appear as part of a track. Right now Dre is a mad scientist and orchestra conducter at the same time. He's preparing a atomic bomb that will destroy the sound barrier. The mc's on the album may be the finest group of mc's to ever appear on one album, and Dre will match their lyrical genius with his musical genius.

APRIL 08 (thoughts on Bishop) Bishop could be the next "rap-megastar" imo. Like Eminem, The Game or 50 Cent.

APRIL 08 (in response to Detox's direction) It's not about Cadillac, Bitches anymore etc. It's new and different. Nothing political though.

APRIL 08 (will all the songs be "i'm dre, i'm back!"?) No. Well, there one track like this, the first (called "The intervention").

APRIL 08 (confirms that Dre has worked with pretty much everyone that he has wanted to)

APRIL 08 (What about Kanye?) No, sorry. It's just two different styles.

APRIL 08 (In response to all the stuff on the internet claiming to be from Detox) Basically, there's NO real Dr Dre beats. I say this because some guys really think some of em are real. Seriously, some guys are thinking some of em are real. I've got something like 10 PM's with "Yo, is this beat a real detox beat?". I won't say who these guys are. People are always trying to make some fake ass beats with a "2001" style. But it's totally different. You can listen to Bounce, by Timbaland. This is a very very small preview.

APRIL 08 (In response to Dre gaining the top stop in Hip Hop again) I'm sure of that. I'm just wondering if people are ready for this music. I don't know.

APRIL 08 (Dre beats on L.A.X?) No. Dr Dre did some tracks, but it didn't make the final cut. Beats were dope but it didn't fit with the concept. Well, there's always a concept. An ambiance. Sometimes, some tracks don't fit with it.

APRIL 08 (If the chronic was 1 dimensional, and 2001 was 2 dimensional...what does that make Detox?) Detox? 5774911239747421˛ dimensional.

MAY 08 (speaking on that Prophet track, some believed was from Detox) I'll try to clarify something about that track. It's just a fake. This is a marketing campaign that Phrophet and Wallstreet concocted to garner a buzz for themselves. This is not even produced by Dr Dre. This track won't be on Detox. BTW, the REAL Detox is on the way. It's almost done. Be patient. Thanks.

MAY 08 (in response to all the guys askin about Jay-Z) Also, I just read a couple of posts from guys who wants to know if Jay-Z will be on Detox. Jay-Z recorded some tracks.

MAY 08 It's too soon for Detox. Be ready...I'm off.

MAY 08 (he supposedly plays a snippet of Detox with Nate Dogg killing the hook) World Premiere, coming today on ventrilo. Be fast. (Some posts later) Too late. Sorry, you missed it.. Maybe i'll replay it tomorrow. We'll see. (In response to if it was fake) No it was real. Eno, Phil, Marty & Strick were there. (some posts later) Ventrilo, in 5 minutes. IP is uranium.fusionvoice .com, Port Number  3831. (and some more later...) Sorry. Too late. For those who doubt it, this is not a "youtube-instrumental-without-lyrics-on-it" track. You can hear dre on it. So, like I told y'all before, be ready (I didn't say it enough). The Earthshake is coming soon... (those who heard the track thought it was pretty damn good...but not earth shattering)

MAY 08 (in response to Dre out of the public spotlight) Don't worry about it. Dre is signing contracts. You'll see his face EVERYWHERE.

MAY 08 (speaking on the pics of Dre at the beach) BTW, about the pics: The last vacation, before the big promo

JUNE 08 "Done"

JUNE 08 (what's done?) C3. :p No. Detox.

JUNE 08 (whatabout those tracks from the DJ Strong Confessional bootleg?) There's 2 tracks produced by Dr Dre. "Oh My God" and "It Hurts". Both productions were 2 old detox's productions from 2002. Dready beats re-used the original one on "It Hurts".

JUNE 08 Yeah Mark Batson worked on it too. Anyway, plans have changed: Now, The Reformation (Bishop's album) will be out before Detox. The first single isn't "I Dominate" anymore. The new one is "Grown Up", featuring Dr Dre & produced by him too. It will be out in mid-July. Detox is delayed to the end of the year.

JUNE 08 (Why Detox keeps getting delayed?) It's complicated. It's an Interscope's decision.

JUNE 08 It's almost 10 years of work. A multi-millions dollars project. Don't worry, it's coming. (But theres lots of million dollar projects out there) Yeah but not like this one. It's a multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi-multi millions dollars project.

JUNE 08 (we may hear all the thousands of unused beats for other artists in the future, but not likely the originals)

JUNE 08 Dr. Dre - Show You How I Get Down (Featuring Bishop Lamont, Nate Dogg & Ice Cube). At least, you've got a title of one track (recorded, that don't means it will make the cut).

JUNE 08 (What about "Here We Go Again" with the Game?) It's produced by Focus. But I won't blame you because everybody thought it was a Dre's production. It was Detox in 2001. 2 Years later, The Game came on the track. (So since it wasn't produced by Dre, he didn't wanna keep it?) That's why he gave that track to The Game. BTW, the track is mainly produced by Focus, mastered by Dr Dre. Then he added some new elements on it.

JUNE 08 (speaking on Game's D.O.C. album) I'm not speaking about D.O.C the rapper. I'm speaking about D.O.C (Diary Of Compton). I've spoke about it few months ago. (Dre & Game have supposedly done something or are going to do something on this one). One album, 10 tracks, no tracknames (just "chapter one", "chapter two"). It tells the story of a day in the life of a controversial MC's. [Spoiler] He dies @ the end [/Spoiler]. You'll know it all in 2009.

JULY 08 (what about Dre using autotune or any of that bullshit?) Fo real, are you kidding me? And soulja boy on the hook. This is some serious hip-hop right here. Not a fake-ass rap.

JULY 08 (speaking on Bishop's "Grow Up") It's like a summertime track. It's the street single. The REAL one, with the big ass guns, is coming soon. (when was the beat made?) 2006-2007. Let the guy grow. I told you, Bishop = The next rapstar. (speaking on Bishop's interviews) Don't worry, Bishop is kidding. He gives another status on each interview lol.

AUGUST 08 Detox completion: ~ 2 months left.

AUGUST 08 (What now?) In fact, recording session are done. Now, it's just "completion". It's a long process. He needs to choose the FINAL FINAL FINAL tracklist, the single, the video, etc. It's not slated, But Interscope is ready to put 2 millions in it (if it's necessary, obviously). A regular video is about 100-150K$ (2-3 months for promotion, like every album). He's still recording. He got a lot of material right now. But he's looking for a '09 release.

AUGUST 08 (In response to a guy thinking LAX might be better than Detox loll) Detox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LAX. Someone, ban him! : D

AUGUST 08 (no idea what was here before the edit, but...) Edit: Were you fast enought to read this? I don't know...

AUGUST 08 The cover? Aight... (Picture Deleted) (It was supposedly a really close-up of Dre's face, when described he says:) Oh yeah it was an homage to Miles Davis. Like NY's Finest's cover was an homage to James Brown. Edit: It seems there's a lot of reposters in here. (There is another picture though, this one likely a joke, of a Compton bus). I've just deleted that pic from my imageshack account. (For a good reason). Don't worry, i was kidding, it wasn't serious. (Don't know which one he's talking about, the first or the second...either way, the cover is almost 99% not going to be either)

AUGUST 08 Well, there is something for those who missed it. (Crooked I - Say Dr Dre). Ok, lemme explain. This beat was done in 2000. The track was done in 2002. Ghostwritten by Crooked I. He spits it, but it's written from Dre's perspective. The track was leaked in 2006 because the beat was too wack compared to the new ones. Well, in 2000, it was the westcoast's style. Basically, Detox will speak about the Dre's life. Ruthless, Deathrow days etc. Also, notice that track didn't make the final cut, for that reason too. Edit: Oh, and I forgot. It's not produced by Dr Dre.

AUGUST 08 (Howabout Lloyd Banks & Tony Yayo, are they on Detox?) No.

AUGUST 08 (death of his son has not halted anything for Detox)

OCTOBER 08 (link to youtube video) Dr Dre - You Ain't Fresh (Featuring Bishop Lamont) (Live) Just one of the 400 songs.

NOVEMBER 08 Rule #1: Create a need.

NOVEMBER 08 Rule #2: Then fill it.

NOVEMBER 08 I forgot to say there's another #1: Wait 10 years

NOVEMBER 08 (speaking about some track) BTW, there are some elements from the OG version of "LAX" by Xzibit (Which was a Dr Dre/Linkin Park production). (then posts link to this OG version) Xzibit - LAX (Featuring Linkin Park) (Original Version). It's not a vocal featuring. It's an instrumental featuring. Dr Dre produced the track, Linkin Park played the instruments.

NOVEMBER 08 (speaking on Game snippets and if they will ever be released) Heh yeah I can answer. But the answer won't satisfy you. No, it won't be released.

NOVEMBER 08 (What about all the recent talk of Wayne & Fergie being on Detox?) Hey don't worry. You won't see wayne & shit. You'll see Snoop, Anthony Hamilton, D'Angelo, Q-Tip, Busta Rhymes, Eminem, 50 Cent, Nas, Focus, The DOC, Melman, Hittman, Bishop Lamont, etc etc.

JANUARY 09 (posts link to song) Eminem - Crack A Bottle (Featuring Dr Dre & 50 Cent) *Won't be on the Relapse*. (Why not?) At the beginning, it was really meant for Relapse. Then Big Mike played the demo version. Em was pissed and decided to not use the song on the album. After that, he said "why not finishing the song? It will build the hype up". You already know what happened next. Oh, I almost forgot....Say Hi! (recent picture of Dre & Dawaun Parker in studio). Got a lot of these pics. Maybe I'll post some more. Hehe, History in the making in this room. Detox is on the way.

JANUARY 09 Heh, it's coming it's coming. (Picture of a guy in studio and what looks like a band in the recording area). Trust me, you'll love the track displayed on this imac.

JANUARY 09 Lol @ MTV. After this article, they look like mediafakeout to me [...] "however a source close to Dre's camp tells us the legendary producer was expecting the song to be on Detox and is furious with the tune being leaked so early" Hahaha. I remember, I spoke about that track back in July/August on Ventrilo. And back then, Dre said he didn't want to keep the track.

JANUARY 09 (speaking about Lil Wayne track "Outstanding" that some idiots thought was a Dre production) Not produced by Dr Dre. It's produced by Cipha Sounds.

JANUARY 09 (picture of Dre, Mike Elizondo & Mark Batson in the studio) The REAL 3 headed monster. Dr Dre + Mike Elizondo + Mark Batson for the first time ever.

JANUARY/FEBRUARY 09 The greatest beat EVER (mark my words) has just been made. The banger's banger. Everybody is voiceless. (will it be on Detox?) Man, I hope so. The elephants are in the room right now. It's like "replay.... replay.... once again..." x100. (later post) It's gonna be on Detox for sure. Which MC will be able to handle this beat? That's the question... How could I describe it....? I can simply say that is 1000 times better of everything i've heard in my life. Fuck all the haters who've said Aftermath is done. F*ck all those haters who've said this album will disappoint. Game over. Hey I guess I've just found the title of the track.(confirms that it will be called Game Over) Lol, even Bitches On My Dick (a bishop track) looks like a big bag of crap right now (no offence to bishop). Damn, Bitches on my dick has an awesome beat, but this...For the first time, Dre is smiling (Joker mode, fo real) "What can I say? What can I do?" (what can this track be compared to?) It depends on the style (soulfull, banger, etc). But this... this surpasses everything.

FEBRUARY 09 (are you mellowman from DubCNN?) I'm not mellowman.

FEBRUARY 09 (pictures are shown of Just Blaze's twitter with Dre. Blaze says he was listening to Detox and it was the craziest shit he's heard in his life).

& I don't know when this was, but I read somewhere (from this guy, and others) that it will be the first rap CD (or any CD i think) ever to be recorded/played in 5.1 surround sound

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats it so far, go read the thread here:

http://www.kanyelive.com/talk/index.php?PHPSESSID=enjcnqrdeo85r36lljdll1c753&topic=37548.0

I don't know what to say...so much info in one day! That last part is crazy though.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:31:12 PM by Shopping Carts »

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
cant really trust this guy. somethings on there didn't even happen.

I trust Detox will be amazing, despite the haters.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
havent read all this but damn for a vet to say detox is the craziest shit he ever heard in his life
thats some insane shit
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
havent read all this but damn for a vet to say detox is the craziest shit he ever heard in his life
thats some insane shit

He said something along those lines. It was on that twitter shit somewhere. He was with Dre and they were listening to some tracks. I didn't see em all but the people who were in the chat thing and on the site, said that he was leaving comments like that all night.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn long read but shit seems fake
but well see
if this is true detox might be on some alien type shit, str8 gangsta shit!!
fuckin aliens invadin us wit some of the most g'd up muzik ever!!!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
but well see

Everyone has to think it's fake when you first see it. But as you read on, and if you see some of the pics this guys postin, and some of the exclusive tracks he's shown/talked about, it's more believable. I don't know. A lot of the things he says seem pretty out there, but some of the stuff he's talked about before it's even happened. And all this on the Kanye forums?! Still, i'm on the fence on this one.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah im jus gon wait and see.
let this year go by and see what happens.  this sounds like its more promisin than that quik/kurupt joint
but well see
whoever it is, they def got alotta time

but well see

Everyone has to think it's fake when you first see it. But as you read on, and if you see some of the pics this guys postin, and some of the exclusive tracks he's shown/talked about, it's more believable. I don't know. A lot of the things he says seem pretty out there, but some of the stuff he's talked about before it's even happened. And all this on the Kanye forums?! Still, i'm on the fence on this one.
Cube

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
but well see

Yeah, still interesting though! I didn't know Dre had such a big hand in Bounce

Lol ofcourse its gonna be more promising that Blaqkout, its fucking Detox!!! lol.

dameons

Thanks my nig'. It seems legit. All the stuff he said last year all looks like it became what he said it would. Thank you for the post !!!!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
haha well from what ive heard from blaqout snippets etc... im not feelin that sound they bringin but..
from listenin to bounce...that shit is dope im hopin its something like that.
Im hopin its got more dretox in it but should be dope

but well see

Yeah, still interesting though! I didn't know Dre had such a big hand in Bounce

Lol ofcourse its gonna be more promising that Blaqkout, its fucking Detox!!! lol.
Cube

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
I don't wanna post em all due to the fact that none of them are mine, but heres a pic he posted for those who haven't seen it:

The REAL three headed monster (Dre, Mike Elizondo, Mark Batson) First Time Ever.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
aite thats it DRETOX is droppin
and damn im hopin wayne is on that shit, doubt ill cop it if wayne is anywhere near this album!!!
Cube

• Muthafuckin' OG
According to this dude Game has worked with Dre.  If so that would be nice but I don't think its true.

GangstaBoogy

wtf is this?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

cantcnOrBMe

well, i deno about all that, but i do know that the person i know working on Detox said it is being worked on as we speak day and night for the next 3 months and then its done.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 01:11:49 AM by Mr West »